Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #55,951 of 62,585
I do have some hi-res music and can hear a small difference between LDAC best effort versus 990/32 but not by much, certainly not the be all end all for me. Driver ability, tuning, etc are more important. The Svanar Wireless for example sound the best on LDAC 990/32 but it sounds better than most TWS using AAC with them using their best codec. Long winded way of saying the TWS as a whole is more important than the sum of one part (codec).

The Perl intrigue the heck out of me. I have a feeling they would fill that void for the most part... the 3ANC also intrigue but I have a feeling while they will be good due to the hybrid driver configuration, the sound will be more conventional compared to the Perl Pro.
I would get the DPP before the 3ANC and I say that not to diminish the 3ANC.

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #55,952 of 62,585
Okay...yes the personalized sound is the one I leave it set on. To my ears it doesn't sound artificial, it sounds wonderful. I re-purchased the DPP a couple of days ago and they haven't left my ears, except to compare to Svanar and 3ANC. I do listen to jazz with them but they are exceptional for rock. Fit is going to be subjective, but I put on the large wings, and large tips and go with a shallow fit and they are locked in. I also tried the CP360, which seemed super comfortable as well.

I have attached screen shots of my settings. Any questions, I am happy to answer, but they are so enjoyable.

Screenshot_20230831-183906.pngScreenshot_20230831-183922.png
Ugh. It's like carrots dangling in front of a rabbit. This is why I need to stay off this forum. I too have been contemplating a re-purchase, especially since I'm sorta on Android now. Also revisiting the B&W PI7 S2s because I read there is a firmware update coming that should add some needed features. Not holding my breath, but I do enjoy them. Lightweight and tuned well. But the sub-bass is nothing compared to the DPP. I had my Immersion Mode turned up about 50% more than you. Oof.

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #55,953 of 62,585
Ugh. It's like carrots dangling in front of a rabbit. This is why I need to stay off this forum. I too have been contemplating a re-purchase, especially since I'm sorta on Android now. Also revisiting the B&W PI7 S2s because I read there is a firmware update coming that should add some needed features. Not holding my breath, but I do enjoy them. Lightweight and tuned well. But the sub-bass is nothing compared to the DPP. I had my Immersion Mode turned up about 50% more than you. Oof.
I have been known to goose my immersion mode up a little bit more too, however not for just constant listening. The quality is just so damn good.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #55,954 of 62,585
Okay...yes the personalized sound is the one I leave it set on. To my ears it doesn't sound artificial, it sounds wonderful. I re-purchased the DPP a couple of days ago and they haven't left my ears, except to compare to Svanar and 3ANC. I do listen to jazz with them but they are exceptional for rock. Fit is going to be subjective, but I put on the large wings, and large tips and go with a shallow fit and they are locked in. I also tried the CP360, which seemed super comfortable as well.

I have attached screen shots of my settings. Any questions, I am happy to answer, but they are so enjoyable.

Screenshot_20230831-183906.pngScreenshot_20230831-183922.png
The Svanar Wireless do sound a bit better but I always go back to the DPP more.

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #55,955 of 62,585
I probably listen to female vocals a bit more than male vocals. But I do like Johnny Cash singing Hurt :). I will give it a whirl between a couple of different TWS including the Svanar and see how it sounds.

I listen to a lot of Jazz, Celtic, older rock music like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Eagle, etc, some country, some folk, lots of sound track stuff from Hans Zimmer, lots of classical with a slant towards Arvo Part and composers like him. The classical can range from full orchestra to full choral, to minimalistic very simple music. I used to own the Sony XBA-Z5 and LOVED how BIG and grand it sounded, it made Hans Zimmer just rattle my brain and took song like Zombie by Nelly McKay and turn them into 3D extravaganza's. I miss that sound... So I am hoping maybe the Perl Pro might fill that void...

Yea damn. Look I know these are a lot of money and you're probably already in trouble with your wife. But if these aren't a bank breaker for you, I'd say it fills that void.

I listened to a few Arvo Pärt tracks. First time hearing them so no comparison can be made but his voice fills the entire width of the soundstage despite being sung incredibly softly.

I listened to some Led. Didn't notice any premature roll off of male vocals on the classics like stairway, immigrant or Black dog. Was actually an awesome experience. Very live concert like. Everything so clear and detailed as well. I feel like the high notes are even clearer than the Fokus.

And everything is very textured and 3 dimensional

I actually can't believe how big the soundstage is on these. It's a hard comparison because the Kublai Khan has fuller notes and extension coming out of the wazoo but it's either on par or a smidge below with TOTL Noble offers.

As for codec, APTX adaptive is what I'm using but I listened to those tracks on Spotify without feeling a lack of dynamics.

Also I know Oliver Anthony has become politically charged but I have the unique superpower of being able to enjoy music without assigning a political message to it.

I listened to I Want To Go Home from him at the end of my walk and it legit took a tear to my eye. Very emotional and musical with everything conveyed as intended.

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #55,957 of 62,585
OK, I have been asking because I can do a zero financing thing from Denon Canada and it works out to $38 a month for 12 months. So just want to make sure I would be satisfied if I bought it due to that. But I also get 60 day return, so I am thinking what the heck.

In some ways that $38 a month is also easier to get past the wife patrol too LOL. Certainly can afford it and I suspect between them and either the Svanar or or one of the other TWS I will more than satisfied for a while.

I can honestly saying I have been trying to find something to fill that immersion void for years. Ever since the XBA-Z5 died a tragic and horrible mmcx failure.

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #55,958 of 62,585
Other than the Creative xMEMs (depending on price) I don't see the need to purchase anything for a while.

After hearing the PerL it's gonna take more than some tuning differences to open that wallet up.

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #55,959 of 62,585
Always wanted a Marshall pair of something just for the looks. Kicking myself for missing out on their phone/audio player.

They just never seemed to be exceptional at any one sound aspect.

Just reading through and saw your signature. What do you think of the Nuarl N6 Mini 2 SE? I listened to a wired Nuarl IEM when I was in Asia and thought it was excellent but can't find much on the N6 Mini?

Sep 1, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #55,960 of 62,585
Just reading through and saw your signature. What do you think of the Nuarl N6 Mini 2 SE? I listened to a wired Nuarl IEM when I was in Asia and thought it was excellent but can't find much on the N6 Mini?
Which wired did you use? I really want to try their new Overture but am hoping for a price reduction.

I think the Mini is pretty fantastic. It was the first TWS I REALLY liked. The most comfortable I've had and super punchy as well as a very good soundstage.

I think in total I've purchased the Mini 4 times. 2 for me, one for a friend and one for my wife.

I've since given mine to my wife who is still using it as I've moved on to other products. Having compared it to more products since my first infatuation I'd say it is on the darker side but with a really clean mix, no bloat. Loved the mids specifically.

For the price, not sure if there is better (unless you want features). You can find better if you spend more tho.

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #55,961 of 62,585
OK, I have been asking because I can do a zero financing thing from Denon Canada and it works out to $38 a month for 12 months. So just want to make sure I would be satisfied if I bought it due to that. But I also get 60 day return, so I am thinking what the heck.

In some ways that $38 a month is also easier to get past the wife patrol too LOL. Certainly can afford it and I suspect between them and either the Svanar or or one of the other TWS I will more than satisfied for a while.

I can honestly saying I have been trying to find something to fill that immersion void for years. Ever since the XBA-Z5 died a tragic and horrible mmcx failure.
I know Denon USA offers 60 day returns...not sure about CA

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #55,963 of 62,585
Sep 1, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #55,965 of 62,585
Anybody know if you EQ Sennheiser CX on the phone, it saves it to memory on the earphones? And if you link to another device, the EQ persists?
It does on the Momentum True Wireless 3’s so I’d assume it would work the same on the CX. I use my MTW3’s on an iPhone and an Apple TV and the EQ persists when using them with the Apple TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back