Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 26, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #54,601 of 62,293
You might also want to check out the 1More comfobuds mini. These are super tiny too. Usually on offer regularly.
Thanks, will check these out. Just to be clear, I'm not necessarily looking for tiny IEM, just something that pops out of ear the least. I actually think my ears are on the bigger side

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #54,602 of 62,293
Low profile TWS...

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #54,603 of 62,293
Same. Good ANC is a must. If I want top tier fidelity I would likely be listening in a quiet space to enjoy the quality
, and in that case, I’d rather use my wired equipment. Tools for the job and all.
if it's about TWS in general I absolutely agree that ANC, multipoint, size, portabilityor even how easy is to get them out of the case etc. are crucial. But until there's no ultimate TWS ticking all the boxes as excellent+ then I have use case for a wireless "wired" excellent sounding IEM without mamy extra features. On daily basis I use AAP2 (does everything good or great) or MTW3 when I want superior SQ (has its issues IMHO) but I'd gladly replace the latter with better sounding pair if that makes sense. Besides not every recording sounds best on one device. Sometimes you want bit more warmth, sometimes more intimate soundstage..

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #54,604 of 62,293
if it's about TWS in general I absolutely agree that ANC, multipoint, size, portabilityor even how easy is to get them out of the case etc. are crucial. But until there's no ultimate TWS ticking all the boxes as excellent+ then I have use case for a wireless "wired" excellent sounding IEM without mamy extra features. On daily basis I use AAP2 (does everything good or great) or MTW3 when I want superior SQ (has its issues IMHO) but I'd gladly replace the latter with better sounding pair if that makes sense. Besides not every recording sounds best on one device. Sometimes you want bit more warmth, sometimes more intimate soundstage..
Having been using the Svanar TWS for several days this is what that is aiming at. It's not the best all rounder but it sounds darn good compared to the best all rounder's I own or have owned.

I even like it more than my Fiio UTWS5/FH5 combo. It won't be for everyone considering the price to features and it's signature might not be for everyone. But it's as good an audiophile sound as I have heard, competing with wired configurations I have owned in the past.

Jul 26, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #54,605 of 62,293
Have really kept my list of features in addition to tuning.

1) ANC, Multipoint then
2) Controls
3) APP

ANC and Multipoint as I want to be able to sit anywhere and enjoy the music and I want to be sure that I can keep connected to the devices that are usually with me. Controls and their flexibility are important as I want to avoid strange control options that make it difficult to remember them. APP as to customize my individual experience.

As prices go, the TWS need to enhance the user experience

Jul 26, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #54,606 of 62,293
Having been using the Svanar TWS for several days this is what that is aiming at. It's not the best all rounder but it sounds darn good compared to the best all rounder's I own or have owned.

I even like it more than my Fiio UTWS5/FH5 combo. It won't be for everyone considering the price to features and it's signature might not be for everyone. But it's as good an audiophile sound as I have heard, competing with wired configurations I have owned in the past.
I've read somewhere that they sound just like a wireless version of the wired ones. That's impressive! Two things though.. horrendous design and ridiculous case! :) I'd love to take great sound outside from time to time :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #54,607 of 62,293
few things were just off-putting.
Yea I get the occasional driver 'cough' where it feels like it is spluttering at me. Can be painful if loud enough. And also weirdness with phantom touches once or twice so far.

All that said, it's the tws that has allowed me to sell all my others and stop wanting more due to the sound which is all I really care about.

Jul 26, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #54,608 of 62,293
Yea I get the occasional driver 'cough' where it feels like it is spluttering at me. Can be painful if loud enough. And also weirdness with phantom touches once or twice so far.

All that said, it's the tws that has allowed me to sell all my others and stop wanting more due to the sound which is all I really care about.
Can't recall any phantom touches on my units but this could be happening with touch surfaces or whatnot. I had different 'issues' though e.g. high floor noise/hiss in the Pros due to elevated gain on the internal amp, incoherence in trebles (had to take down 4k by a lot) - less prominent in the Mystique, the base felt less textured on them though. Liked the Pros initial tuning better but had to heavily EQ both in a different ways obviously to get more balanced/neutral with a tad bass boost. If only the trebles were more ironed out I'd still be a happy owner.

Jul 26, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #54,609 of 62,293
I've read somewhere that they sound just like a wireless version of the wired ones. That's impressive! Two things though.. horrendous design and ridiculous case! :) I'd love to take great sound outside from time to time :wink:
The case is cool looking but impractical. I fall asleep with these in and when they wake me up complaining they need to be recharged putting them in the case in the dark is painful LOL.

The design looks far worse in pictures than in use. These are actually really comfortable and look good in my opinion. They have less issues looking weird than lots of stem styles I have owned.
16904076156087518072732553869752.jpg
16904076462685282192632771095716.jpg

I am a back sleeper mostly which I why I wear them to bed.

They are big but very comfortable and the size makes them easy to take in and out.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #54,611 of 62,293
We're there!
1000021561.jpg

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #54,614 of 62,293
Nice! What's that on the right and how's the FiiOs working for you? I'm thinking about getting them or the Shures.
If you get a properly working one they are great. The quality control is poor,the first one i got had a non-working button on the left hook. They do sound great, plenty of power for any non-planar iem,and the FiiO control app is excellent... great parametric eq in there,multiple control options for the buttons, selectable codec . They are also splash proof.

The other one is the cheap kz az09. Very decent for the price, i do get occasional signal drops....but they sound very good considering they only do sbc/aac codecs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back