Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 11, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #54,256 of 62,253
Wasn't referring to Wired IEMS but the TWS. Plus with open box, sometimes the manufacturer can sell returns cheaper to distributors. All the distributor will do is slap on and cross off the original price with a savings price. Doubt they would stock and sell items at a loss.

I never said they were losing money in the sense they are selling for less than their price, but they are losing a chunk of money out of the profit.

On their wireless headphones, they have two under $400 with $40 off for open box, so they will basically make the same money on the sale, and the customer got to try out headphones for a small fee. On two other wireless headphones they have a $279 list marked down to $179, and a $999 wireless beyers knocked down to $799.

Those last two they are giving up a chunk of profit.

Jul 11, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #54,258 of 62,253
I ordered the QCii from Lenovo with a $119 price tag. They were supposed to be shipped and in hand by the end of the week.
I received an email from Lenovo saying it's being delayed, shipping now can be up to 30 days.
Anyone else who ordered these get an email stating a delay?
Sadly, yes. Got the same email.

Jul 11, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #54,260 of 62,253
No, not for $700. That’s crazy town. Can you source a ZE8000 for less?
Already have it, and yes it was way less. But I've fallen pretty hard out of love with them

Jul 11, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #54,261 of 62,253
Jul 11, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #54,263 of 62,253
Ello been a while since I've been on here.

Thinking of prime day dealz. I bought some WF-1000XM4's last year and unfortunately lost them, so went back to my turstworthy Elite 75t's.

Just wondering if anyones thoughts on if there's any IEM's that have fun bass like the 75t's. I think the XM4's were more accurate but they weren't as comfy and the bass was lacking. I find the 75t's a lot more fun and I would prob pick them over them XM4's for most occasions.

No budget in mind, just thinking something that will last me a few years. And PS I'm iPhone so as much as I'm a LDAC fan, prob won't get the joy of using it.

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #54,265 of 62,253
How's the sound changing in the Bose QCII when ANC enabled?
There's no ANC "off" at all, so it's actually pretty hard to tell.
Only Ambient Mode and ANC on and I think the sound is very similar between those.

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #54,266 of 62,253
Only Ambient Mode and ANC on and I think the sound is very similar between those.
I see you have also the NuraTrue Pro - can you confirm that Bose's ANC is miles ahead of the Nuras?
Although I love the sound of the NTP (especially after tweaking with Wavelet and Poweramp EQ), the ANC is dissapointing (+ the awful sound change).
And how would you compare the bass of the Bose and NTP?
Does Bose have LDAC?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #54,267 of 62,253
Hi!
I'm looking to buy a pair of TWS.

I had a lot of pairs (Sony WF3,WF4, Bose QC, QCII, Airpods 1, etc) but I need a new pair right now.
My WF4's battery broke, I had to sent my QC II to warranty twice (the right one developed huge coil whine) so I ended up returning the QC.

I liked the WF4's sound (tweaked to not be that dark). What should I buy? (I really liked the QC II - but 2 pairs broke on me so I don't think it's a viable option - or was I unlucky?). I wanted to buy the Senni MTW3, but I only heard bad things about the quality control, people that changed 2-3 pairs..so I don't want that.
They need to have GOOD ANC as I travel a lot and (maybe) multipoint.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #54,268 of 62,253
If you create a custom 'Mode' and turn the noise cancellation all the way down, it doesn't have 'ActiveSense' ANC which is a usable transparency mode. The only downside for me is hiss of the white noise.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #54,269 of 62,253
I've been testing the Technics AZ80 for five days, and I think they're going back. Everything is premium but the sound in my opinion.
I tried to eq them and it's not the "barrel" effect that annoys me, it could be the acoustic chamber. The problem is in the treble region, the sound is metallic and screeching. This comes out in recordings where the highs are emphasized. Sometimes I can hear it in female voices too.
Honestly I can't understand how so many reviewers and users didn't complaint about it. In-ear devices should serve for bad recordings too, with a safe tuning not with something that creates big soundstage for perfect recordings. Especially if the hardware is limited. Maybe the type of driver used is responsible too for these unnatural highs.
I wouldn't complain if I didn't spend 300€, because these Technics are good but not worth the money they cost when I listen to music.
I've been testing always with ANC switched on.
This is the last eq I've used, if someone want to help I would be grateful, but eq imo is for fine tuning not for redoing things from scratch.

Preamp: -1.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 30 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 0.900
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 180 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 0.400
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 700 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 1.500
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 975 Hz Gain 0.3 dB Q 2.000
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 1380 Hz Gain -0.9 dB Q 1.600
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3050 Hz Gain 1.1 dB Q 1.400
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 4500 Hz Gain 1.4 dB Q 1.700
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 5600 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 3.000
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 7900 Hz Gain -1.2 dB Q 2.000
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 10800 Hz Gain 5.9 dB Q 3.000
Filter 11: ON PK Fc 12000 Hz Gain -6.8 dB Q 1.100
Filter 12: ON PK Fc 15750 Hz Gain -5.7 dB Q 1.300

[Used tips: AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard]
[EQ updated Jul 15, 2023]

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #54,270 of 62,253
Ello been a while since I've been on here.

Thinking of prime day dealz. I bought some WF-1000XM4's last year and unfortunately lost them, so went back to my turstworthy Elite 75t's.

Just wondering if anyones thoughts on if there's any IEM's that have fun bass like the 75t's. I think the XM4's were more accurate but they weren't as comfy and the bass was lacking. I find the 75t's a lot more fun and I would prob pick them over them XM4's for most occasions.

No budget in mind, just thinking something that will last me a few years. And PS I'm iPhone so as much as I'm a LDAC fan, prob won't get the joy of using it.
I recently got the JBL Reflect Aero TWS after coming across this intriguing Wirecutter review. It has most of the great qualities of my of Jabra 75t Active with great bass in the mids and lows and clear vocals all around. I'm also getting a great seal all around with the smallest ear tips on both ears. I did have to use the smaller fin in my left ear and the next bigger size in my right ear though to get the best seal.

The downside is a negligible and non existent ANC and just decent talk through features which don't really matter to me features wise for the most part. All the TWS I buy nowadays need to have excellent call quality for my VOIP work calls with a mute feature along with superlative IP specs to withstand the excessive sweating that I get drenched in during my long runs and vigorous workouts. These hit the mark and then some. In fact, I would go so far and say these are arguably the best sweat resistant IP68 mainstream workout buds out there. I've had no cutouts and lower volumes (until they dry with most TWS) when sweat is poring inside of them like I have with all others including the 75t Actives.

The app and customization is good enough but not as versatile as the Jabra. The 75t series have the best tactile buttons that I have yet to see replicated on any other TWS including the more recent Jabra 7 series. The JBL's are pretty decent for a touch input but I'm sure there are others that are better out there but at least they don't register false touches when sweat is poring over them or I'm fiddling with them during my runs.

For a $100 or slightly less, these are really great as long as ANC/ Talk through are not high up there for your needs. I strongly recommend them..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back