Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 13, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #54,286 of 62,573
Just got a notice from Lenovo, Item canceled! QCii priced too good to be true.
Actually, it wasn't. The item actually sold out very quickly because so many people had ordered them that were not Head-Fi'ers, and there was only a limited supply available at that price to begin with. Plus, as it turned out, Lenovo did not receive additional shipments of the item, and were projected to not receive another shipment until after the offer had already expired. Hence, the cancellation of the orders.

Future shipments of the Triple Black version of the QCII will be priced at full price. Currently, it is not listed in the Lenovo Web site. Only the Soapstone and the limited-edition Eclipse Gray colors are currently available.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #54,287 of 62,573
paired noble mystique+ shanling M7... :gs1000smile:

Attachments

• DSCF3332.jpg a.jpg
    DSCF3332.jpg a.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 13, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #54,288 of 62,573
paired noble mystique+ shanling M7... :gs1000smile:
Mystique is a pretty impressive IEM, isn’t it? :) I find myself reaching for the Mystique more frequently than my wired IEMs, not because they are better, but because they are really good enough and more convenient!

Jul 13, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #54,289 of 62,573
Actually, it wasn't. The item actually sold out very quickly because so many people had ordered them that were not Head-Fi'ers, and there was only a limited supply available at that price to begin with. Plus, as it turned out, Lenovo did not receive additional shipments of the item, and were projected to not receive another shipment until after the offer had already expired. Hence, the cancellation of the orders.

Future shipments of the Triple Black version of the QCII will be priced at full price. Currently, it is not listed in the Lenovo Web site. Only the Soapstone and the limited-edition Eclipse Gray colors are currently available.
Thanks for that info.

Jul 14, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #54,290 of 62,573
Mystique is a pretty impressive IEM, isn’t it? :) I find myself reaching for the Mystique more frequently than my wired IEMs, not because they are better, but because they are really good enough and more convenient!
V shaped sound, big soundstage, rich slightly warm tone and lots details. but im EQ”ed it to more i like neutral sound , as factory very big emphasis on bass. im not basshead. here is my settings. ps .does when opening box feels stepping lift move ? somethink not smooth as opening airpods pro box

Attachments

• IMG_9815.jpeg
    IMG_9815.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #54,291 of 62,573

The previous TWS1 PRO were the best fit/comfort/passive seal I ever had on any earbuds, but SQ was lacking and plagued with bugs (connection etc) and even though Pro by name they were not added to their App.

I agree with this reviewer bellow that the battery is a joke at 6 hours with No ANC esp. with a new BT 5.3 chipset.

QUOTED:

"[New Release] Edifier TWS1 Pro 2 Quick Review​

renderTimingPixel.png

Edifier dropped TWS1 Pro 2 in some regions. It's still quite new and no reviews online so I jumped ahead to test it out myself. COMING SOON New Product Launch TWS1 PRO 2 Edifier - YouTube

First of all, the sound
Edifier continue their balanced sound approach with TWS1 Pro 2. Like it's predecessor TWS1 Pro, this one has good clarity but more refined in the high frequencies. It has good amount of bass but don't expect it to be bass heavy. Use wavelet app to boost sub-50hz freq if you want some sub-bass rumble. It's tuned to be a balanced sounding earbud. The only SBC codec onboard works just like W240TN. Sounds as good as other brands with AAC.

The fit
The earbuds has good fit. Comfortable to wear for hours and feel pretty lightweight. Never an issue with the previous TWS1 Pro so this carries the same fit and comfort if not better. It does fit my ears better. It's easier for me to get a good seal and fit without needing any adjustment/twisting after inserting into my ears. Your experience may vary.

ANC
ANC is pretty good. Blocks out most of the lower freq. Deeper human voice gets filtered as well. Wind reduction works well. ANC is a step up from W240TN but ambient mode is worse than W240TN.

Battery Life
This is my biggest complaint. With newer chipset and Bluetooth 5.3, this only gets you 6 hr ANC off and 4 hr ANC on. Seriously Edifier?? I know many people don't listen for that long in one session, including myself but longer battery life is always better. Let's not forget, battery life degrades over time and usage. After one year of usage, who knows how long these buds will last on ANC. Out of the box I get 3hr 30 mins on max ANC and music playing at 50% volume. 5hr 45 mins with ANC off and music playing at 50% volume. After one year usage, I'm assuming it will last around 2 hours on ANC and 4 hours without ANC. (Rough assumption)

Sound Quality - 9/10
ANC - 8/10
Comfort - 8/10
Battery Life - 2/10
To be honest, this feels like Edifier downgrade some hardware of the W240TN and repackage it as a new product. It doesn't feel like a TWS1 Pro upgrade. W240TN is better in every way and W240TN do get heavily discounted close to the price of this, I would totally recommend anyone to go for W240TN and pass this."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earbuds/comments/14z4qla/new_release_edifier_tws1_pro_2_quick_review/

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #54,292 of 62,573
@helmutcheese I'd pass on this just because of the naming. Tws1 Pro 2?

Just call it the tws2.

Jul 14, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #54,293 of 62,573
With Azla Xelastec eartips on my Nuratrue Pro's... these sound absolutely amazing. I had the issue that for some reason only the foam eartips included with the NTP made the earbud sound good, but they kinda started falling apart after a little bit, the actual nozzle part of the eartip came loose and the foam itself was not in the best shape either.
All other eartips that I tried, both included ones and eartips from other earbuds I owned made it sound very "meh". But the Xelastec? Yeah, wow. Fit is now comfortable as heck, the sub-bass rumbles but doesn't sound overdone like it did with some other ones, clarity is good and no peakiness, mids sound great too.

But the Xelastec. Yeah, they kinda made me want to use these again after them sitting mostly in a drawer for a couple of months.

Also have the Azla Crystal eartips on my Bose QCII's right now, kinda makes the sound a bit more natural in a way. Slightly less sub-bass, mids seem more forward, slight loss of 3-dimensionality, but not that huge of a difference.

Jul 14, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #54,294 of 62,573
I must say I feel really blessed to have the current lineup of TWS. The Svanar is right up there with the Denon and 3ANC. I find myself listening to the Svanar more at the moment and that is probably because I want to do a formal comparison. I haven't really been anywhere to test the ANC and when I listen to Svanar I listen exclusively in HIFI mode. It has a sound that would be the closest to an audiophile tuning. I leave them set on LDAC(Android guy), at the highest setting. They are the least configurable of the three as they have no app. This weekend I will do a long walk and test them in other environments. I know I have been critical of HIFIman in the past because of QC issues, but I have no beef with the HiFiman Svanar, thus far. The only real issue is an occasional LDAC cutout, but it isn't bad and they sound damn good in other modes too. The Nuratrue Pro were the worst, I couldn't turn my head without a cutout. This is nothing like that.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #54,296 of 62,573
Hey, you and me are the same age.

My presence is not as relevant as yours in this thread, though I must say it's been pleasurable and exciting keeping up with the conversations on a daily basis - so much I have incorporated it into my daily morning routine, haha!

I don't have much to contribute unfortunately as my GAS for audiophile equipment is far outweighed by a juggle of many other things (for the time being that is). But I do sit back..and observe and digest ever so patiently..until the moment I pounce on what may be the next big oomph! 😁

This post mimics my experience. Reading a lot and learning a lot here. I also juggle budgets between different hobbies. So totally understand. Upgraded from CAMT to APP2 and from Rai Solo to Advar. Wishing to upgrade from THX Onyx to Mojo2. Still use the Aonic 50 aiming for the upgrade to PX8 (or whatever is similarly good at the time I go there). Could be better but can’t complain at all so far.

Everyone’s presence is relevant, I believe. The more democratic opinions, the better.

People with severe GAS are the staples of course. I always read their opinions attentively. Also my after breakfast routine, although now I’m obliged to go to the office 3 days a week, that’s why I keep getting 10 pages backlog... a treat.

Still looking at the new DPP, but other priorities unfortunately trump this.

Oh well.

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #54,297 of 62,573
Bose does not have LDAC, or even AptX, it's just AAC and SBC for now. They promised that AptX (Adaptive? not sure) would be coming early summer but it obviously hasn't happened yet, so for now it's just the two aforementioned codecs.

Also I'm not sure if I would say that Bose's ANC is MILES ahead of NTP, not in my opinion. Because I think the NTP's are among the best earbuds for ANC just behind the Bose -> Sony XM4's and maybe just a few others. It started out poor but after like one or two software updates it's been really good in my opinion.
But sure, the Bose QCII's are noticeably better, but it's not like a night and day difference. It's better at cutting out higher frequency-noises than the NTP but at the same time, without listening to music you will hear stuff anyway in LOUD environments. But based on your comment it sounds like you might have gotten a poor seal with the NTP's or something. But the Bose is still incredibly impressive and as good as you get with ANC in earbuds, and close to the best you can get even with on-ear headphones from all that I've heard from other people at least.

The difference in bass... well, I think the NTP's are "better" or at least more focused on the sub-bass response which is great even if it to me can sound slightly overdone (and toning it down in the app with the slider sort of makes the bass sound weird) with certain genres, but it's certainly impressive and sounds good.
The Bose also has a really impressive bass response to me, it's more mid-focused, but they've managed to tune it to a point where it sounds like it's slightly enhanced but in a frequency area maybe slightly above many earbuds who end up with the mid-bass bloat? This is subjective and will sound weird to many, but the bass in the QC's has this sort of "bouncy" and "rubbery" texture which makes it sound engaging as hell. They certainly have some sub-bass rumble to them as well, but it's not to the level of the NTP's.

The mids of the Bose are also nice in my opinion, vocals sound really good and forward with just a little bit of EQ. Highs might be the weakness of the earbuds, but that's not to say that it's bad. I think the main thing with the Bose is that it might not really be an audiophile sound, but it always makes music sound better than "good enough" to me, even poorer recordings. To me they're the definition of "inoffensive" but also not boring. I know somebody just over me said that they highs felt "overdone", not sure if that meant harsh, but to me there is NOTHING I have been able to do in the form of EQ:ing that have made the highs sound too harsh or sibilant FWIW. Might also be a fit-thing though.
I'm going to chime in on this. FWIW - the Bose ANC is in fact miles better than the NTP. I guess we can all define MILES differently, but the Bose and APP are in a different league when it comes to ANC. The Nura does ANC fine. But the Bose actually kills virtually all sound around you. Its frankly astonishing. In my home gym, with a high powered fan running and noisy machines, with the Bose on its nearly silent. I also mentioned using the Bose at a freaking rock concert. In my view, there is no comparison here. If you want the best ANC get the Bose. Doesn't mean the Bose is better than the NTP - just that the ANC is THAT much better.

Jul 14, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #54,298 of 62,573
I must say I feel really blessed to have the current lineup of TWS. The Svanar is right up there with the Denon and 3ANC. I find myself listening to the Svanar more at the moment and that is probably because I want to do a formal comparison. I haven't really been anywhere to test the ANC and when I listen to Svanar I listen exclusively in HIFI mode. It has a sound that would be the closest to an audiophile tuning. I leave them set on LDAC(Android guy), at the highest setting. They are the least configurable of the three as they have no app. This weekend I will do a long walk and test them in other environments. I know I have been critical of HIFIman in the past because of QC issues, but I have no beef with the HiFiman Svanar, thus far. The only real issue is an occasional LDAC cutout, but it isn't bad and they sound damn good in other modes too. The Nuratrue Pro were the worst, I couldn't turn my head without a cutout. This is nothing like that.
Are the Denon PerL Pro about the same in sound quality as the Nuratrue Pro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back