Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #54,077 of 62,417
Have you, or anyone, compared the APP2 to the AZ80. I fear the response...
sorry I have not. I am using a Samsung phone so have not tried the APP2.

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #54,078 of 62,417
Got the Baseus M2s which, according to the manufacturer, offer up to -48dB ANC and BISA spatial audio as their main selling points for ~$50. Since the Baseus E9 and Storm 3, that I bought last year, have both been solid performers, I had pretty high expectations for the M2s.

S8bc8f9a5af9341b5a59d3ec2919bf674w.jpg

ANC really is *the* strong point with these and the best out of all budget TWS I've tried so far. There are useful profiles for commuting or wind-noise cancelling when you're outside, and they all work surprisingly well. However, the ANC profiles need to be switched manually, since there's no automatic mode.

As for sound signature and quality, these are veritable bass cannons, and the amount of bass they're able to pump out in a fairly well controlled manner is impressive. Of course there are some EQ settings in the app that make them a bit more neutral, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd say these are meant to be fun phones and if I wanted more accurate sound, I'd rather opt for something else.

Now for the underwhelming part: their other selling point, namely BISA spatial audio, is meant to function like Dirac Virtuo, but isn't half as effective to my ears. What's more, enabling BISA disables all EQ settings, whereas I can combine Dirac Virtuo with any EQ I want. All in all, BISA is hardly more than a gimmick imo.

Bottom line, these are a bit half-baked overall, but may still be a good choice for bassheads who're looking for a cheap TWS with strong ANC.
Thanks, it's great to finally see some reviews of budget IEM's back in this thread. As much as I'd love to drop the $200-400 Canuckistan dollars on high end TWS, I'm just not in that financial ballpark so these reviews are most welcome.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #54,080 of 62,417
Design-wise, of those three, I prefer the AZ80. I do have a Denon Receiver and DVD player (yes, still use it as it doubles as the CD player). So the PerL Pro do look cool. I don’t like so much the design of the 3ANC.

Sound-wise, which of the 3 would you choose?
I'd say the 3ANC are the most balanced and have great instrument separation. Denon sub-bass is a force to be reckoned with, but the fit is still not great for me no matter what tips I try. I had the same issue when they were called the Nurture Pro. Sadly, I sold the AZ80. While they definitely were a complete package, I thought the first two sounded better to my ears. Also, didn't think the ANC worked well while traveling. The Bose QCII destroys them in that sense.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #54,081 of 62,417
51 here too. And I’m thinking these pandemic/war/woke nonsense times have made me grumpier. I have more patience but it doesn’t last as long.

I also like your comments.
I don't know man. I'm approaching 52 and I'm still a dude, an easy going kind person who tries not to sweat the small stupid stuff. It happens, but hopefully most folks don't see it. Those are my problems. But that's just me :wink:.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #54,082 of 62,417
does any knows,if im tuned EQ on iphone app of tws,and then paired them with DAP - sound will be as EQ'ed or back to factory tune?

As far as I know (Apple users, please correct me if I'm wrong), Apple TWS do *not* support in-device EQ. So, whichever EQ-setting you select in your iPhone app, it will *not* carry over to a DAP, Android phone or Windows PC, because it's not stored in the TWS device.

However, if you have a non-Apple TWS that supports in-device EQ, it doesn't matter whether you select an EQ-setting in the corresponding IOS or Android app, it will always carry over to all other paired devices, because the setting is stored in the TWS itself.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #54,083 of 62,417
What's the deal with Acoustune iems? Are they top quality? I looked into them once but couldn't figure out the naming system for the models and just gave up.
Think higher number is newer and usually better so that part is pretty easy. But you have different metal designations for certain tunings like CU, Ti or whatever cause there is the same driver but different enclosures. Different cause they have made a lot of models but only use single dynamic drivers. One of the few that have driver capsules that can be removed from the housing which makes a pretty natural TWS conversion in this model. You can see it clearly on the bottom but it doesn't unplug like with some of the earphones. They are highly regarded but being a Japan brand and finding the right tuning you want makes them a brand you really need to do your homework on. They are a brand that likes to give good products they are proud of.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #54,084 of 62,417
I don't know man. I'm approaching 52 and I'm still a dude, an easy going kind person who tries not to sweat the small stupid stuff. It happens, but hopefully most folks don't see it. Those are my problems. But that's just me :wink:.
Beat ya to it. Hit the big 5 - 2 bout 4 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #54,086 of 62,417
Jul 7, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #54,088 of 62,417
wow, seems like there are quite a few of us in that older/wiser age group. 53 here.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #54,089 of 62,417
I'd say the 3ANC are the most balanced and have great instrument separation. Denon sub-bass is a force to be reckoned with, but the fit is still not great for me no matter what tips I try. I had the same issue when they were called the Nurture Pro. Sadly, I sold the AZ80. While they definitely were a complete package, I thought the first two sounded better to my ears. Also, didn't think the ANC worked well while traveling. The Bose QCII destroys them in that sense.
how diferent sound az80 vs qcii ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back