Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #54,063 of 62,484
Think might have found the best EQ for the Hifidots imo
Screenshot_20230706-221629_FiiTii.jpg

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #54,064 of 62,484
New Anima ANW02 coming by the end of this month. Just about sound but it does have ambient, Qi charging, multipoint and an app. Rated 14 and 42 total hours battery with aptX codec so that will still be solid with adaptive and Lossless. Around $250 and will have to come from Japan unless some Acoustune sellers elsewhere will stock it. The SALT DSP thing seems to involve more and faster flash memory to do the job better and have the best control over the FR and get the best results from the driver.
1688707620934.png

https://www-anima--audio-jp.transla...en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true

Focusing on specializing in sound quality for the driver as well, based on the knowledge of Acoustune's proprietary technology "Milinx Driver", a newly developed 10mm diameter dynamic type "El-CoClear" with the same design requirements as wired drivers (L-Cochria) diaphragm" is adopted.

In addition, by customizing the DSP inside the SoC, we have developed our own digital signal processing "SALT" that aims to maximize the driver's potential and make the most of its characteristics. The target sound quality has been achieved by improving the degree of freedom in frequency response tuning and more advanced optimization.

1688707315849.png
Equipped with newly developed "El-CoClear diaphragm"

Similar to ANW01, the final sound tuning was supervised by Mr. TAKU INOUE, who is active as a sound producer, composer, and DJ.

"LATE NIGHT", which is adjusted so that deep bass such as sub-bass can be played firmly; Equipped with 3 types of tuning patterns of "DAWN" rounded one by one, it is possible to set from the dedicated function expansion application "ANIMA Studio".

In terms of functionality, it supports the next-generation Bluetooth audio standard "LE Audio", allows you to connect multiple ANW02 units with one mobile terminal, and has the "LC3 codec (Low Complexity Communications)" that combines high quality communication and low power consumption. Codec)" is available. It also newly supports "multipoint connection" that can be paired with up to two terminals.

Continuous time is about 14 hours with earphones alone (when connected to aptX), and up to about 42 hours with case charging. The "power management function" that saves power according to the specifications that were popular with ANW01 will continue to be installed, and the case will support wireless charging.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #54,065 of 62,484
Anyone have any recommendations for good eartips to use with the Nuratrue Pro's? Been using the foams since day one and I honestly don't like foam tips if there's a good option, but every silicon tip that I've tried so far from other earbuds etc has made the sound and fit feel like absolute crap.
Spinfit CP360...after you change tips I would redo the Personalized sound, not sure how much it would matter, but.

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #54,066 of 62,484
Recently got the APP2 and man, transparency mode is crystal clear. Makes me wonder, does anyone else do transparency as well…or even close? I have or have had SOUNDPEATS, Motorola, Noble, PI7, XM4 and don’t recall any of them have the lack of occlusion that the APP2 have. How are the AZ80? Nura? Thoughts? Wondering, like others, how XM5 will play out.

I’ve been using my APP2 daily at the office (since now they MAKE ME go 3 days a week) and I find them extremely convenient. The transparency on these is stellar. I don’t have any experience with others besides the CAMT so these work wonders. Their sound is much more than ok out of Tidal or AppleMusic too. And with meetings in between (when I stop the music) they last me a full work day. I never put them back in the case during my days at the office. At home I usually revert back to the Advar, just because of sound quality. But I have to be much more aware of phone or door ringing.

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #54,067 of 62,484
Got the Denon PerL Pro. Yes, unless I'm missing it, these are just a rebranded Nuratrue Pro. Do I like them, YES. I missed my NTP. Going to give these a shot again. No need to re-post thoughts yet. Tuning process etc., all the same. I do like the branding better. Even though Denon isn't the brand we grew up with, the nostalgia branding is cool. Here are a few photos comparing size to the AZ80 and 3ANC.

Design-wise, of those three, I prefer the AZ80. I do have a Denon Receiver and DVD player (yes, still use it as it doubles as the CD player). So the PerL Pro do look cool. I don’t like so much the design of the 3ANC.

Sound-wise, which of the 3 would you choose?

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #54,068 of 62,484
Can anyone recommend me a good bluetooth dac+amp cable for the 2pin iems?

I don’t think I understood the “for the 2 pin IEMs” or “bluetooth... cable” parts very well. But a good bluetooth DAC/AMP is definitely the iFi Go Blu. I works wireless or wired.

If you mean adapters, I’d go for the Shure TW2 with a 2-pin to MMCX small connector. You could go Fiio UTWS5 straight to 2-pin. But I believe the Shure are better, even with that extra connector.

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #54,070 of 62,484
New Anima ANW02 coming by the end of this month. Just about sound but it does have ambient, Qi charging, multipoint and an app. Rated 14 and 42 total hours battery with aptX codec so that will still be solid with adaptive and Lossless. Around $250 and will have to come from Japan unless some Acoustune sellers elsewhere will stock it. The SALT DSP thing seems to involve more and faster flash memory to do the job better and have the best control over the FR and get the best results from the driver.
1688707620934.png
https://www-anima--audio-jp.transla...en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp&_x_tr_hist=true

Focusing on specializing in sound quality for the driver as well, based on the knowledge of Acoustune's proprietary technology "Milinx Driver", a newly developed 10mm diameter dynamic type "El-CoClear" with the same design requirements as wired drivers (L-Cochria) diaphragm" is adopted.

In addition, by customizing the DSP inside the SoC, we have developed our own digital signal processing "SALT" that aims to maximize the driver's potential and make the most of its characteristics. The target sound quality has been achieved by improving the degree of freedom in frequency response tuning and more advanced optimization.

1688707315849.png Equipped with newly developed "El-CoClear diaphragm"

Similar to ANW01, the final sound tuning was supervised by Mr. TAKU INOUE, who is active as a sound producer, composer, and DJ.

"LATE NIGHT", which is adjusted so that deep bass such as sub-bass can be played firmly; Equipped with 3 types of tuning patterns of "DAWN" rounded one by one, it is possible to set from the dedicated function expansion application "ANIMA Studio".

In terms of functionality, it supports the next-generation Bluetooth audio standard "LE Audio", allows you to connect multiple ANW02 units with one mobile terminal, and has the "LC3 codec (Low Complexity Communications)" that combines high quality communication and low power consumption. Codec)" is available. It also newly supports "multipoint connection" that can be paired with up to two terminals.

Continuous time is about 14 hours with earphones alone (when connected to aptX), and up to about 42 hours with case charging. The "power management function" that saves power according to the specifications that were popular with ANW01 will continue to be installed, and the case will support wireless charging.
What's the deal with Acoustune iems? Are they top quality? I looked into them once but couldn't figure out the naming system for the models and just gave up.

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #54,071 of 62,484
Further questions on getting higher quality sound using an iPhone and tws: I stream all my music (Tidal) from my phone to my Fokus Mystiques. Doesn't sound bad, but not nearly as good as my previous higher end wired iem's. Is there either a dongle I can attach to my iPhone, or a stand alone bluetooth streaming device that I can get that will improve on my listening experience?

For IEMs I use a THX Onyx connected to my iPhone XS. If I wanted bluetooth for the IEMs I’d get an iFi Go Blu. Otherwise I just use my APP2 (looking into the DPP now but don’t want to trump my future Mojo2 savings).

I’ve looked into DAPs but it may not make sense for me since I don’t store, just stream. I only store a few albums/playlists for the occasional flight, but that’s it. If I REALLY wanted other audio codecs (other than the great AAC implementation on an iPhone) I might get an android phone. But I don’t want to get out of the garden.

Back to the Mojo2, I have a question: is Mojo2 plus Poly able to replace an “at home” streamer+dac (like Bluesound for example) + replace a DAP on the go? A do it all which works great, I mean. Cheers.

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #54,072 of 62,484
You did tell me that. That’s a fun age.

Speaking of ANC, for those that understand it, does it actually reduce outside sound levels or just your perception? I’ll explain. I rarely go to concerts because my tinnitus flares up big time. I did happen to go to one a few weeks ago. I brought some musicians earplugs but they didn’t reduce the sound enough for me. I also brought the Bose QC and they actually worked really well. Completely reduced the sound to acceptable levels for me. After the show I wondered if I inadvertently exposed my ears to full volume. The Bose don’t seal anything off so the sound must have gotten in? The thing is my tinnitus was not raised which absolutely would have happened with no protection. I also get a twitch in my right ear when volume is too high and the Bose also eliminated that. So is it placebo or did they actually reduce sound levels? Would like to understand the science. According to my iPhone the sound levels exceeded 100db.

(sorry for the off-topic but this is very interesting. We may switch to PM if needed)

I also have tinnitus (and SCDS, rare but extremely annoying) in my left ear. For concerts I’ve been using an older (borrowed) version of the Alpine MusicSafe. I just got the Loop Experience Plus, which are supposed to be much more audiophile grade, but have yet to try them.
I’ve tried a few “musicians” plugs but they all mostly muffle the sound. The Loops are my hope for stable, enjoyable future concerts.

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #54,073 of 62,484
My ears hurt just looking at those !

Loop might be your answer.

I've used Sonic and/or Hearo earplugs that attenuate sound at all the concerts I go to. It's the only way for me since Slash hit a note in 91 and I heard something go ping in my ears for the first time. Maybe tinnitus, never had it checked. Doesn't bother me unless I go to a concert earplug-less.

I have used earbuds with ANC at shows a few times and they do work great. Can't remember what I used, been a while.

Etymotic also make great ones. But more expensive.

Not sure if they still make the Sonic II earplugs, but they were the go-to plugs we used for mixing sound live. I still have my pair to this day, but have been using the Hearo too.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure...diaphragm-that-is-housed-within_fig2_50399086

Those definitely look deep fitting.

Yeah still searching for a solution that would let me return to concerts. 15db isn’t usually enough for me as I’m pretty paranoid about further damage. And the pharmacy grade stuff just makes everything sound terrible.

Yeah, those are terrible sound-wise. Etymotic, Alpine and Loop are much better.

I haven't tried them myself, but Sennheiser SoundProtex (Plus) seem to be a pretty good option:

https://www.engadget.com/sennheiser...rplugs-that-dont-kill-the-vibe-193006468.html

They must be good but they’re VERY expensive for a ”filter”.

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #54,074 of 62,484
I read about, then tried, the APP2 with just transparency turned on, for noise reduction and worked really nicely. The APP2 have adaptive transparency so they automatic reduce loud noises. Used them at my son’s high school graduation, class of 800, at an old vaudeville theater in NYC. Super loud until I put in the APP2 and then whole spectrum reduced nicely.

That said, just bought a set of these https://us.loopearplugs.com/ to wear to Mega-Monsters concert (Mastadon and Gojira) next month. Super comfortable

I never thought of using TWS or earbuds to reduce sound. In my mind, the passive isolation would just muffle the sound, not evenly. But I’ll follow your advice and try it.

I just got the Loop Experience Plus and, from reviews, this might be what I was looking for. Evenly lowered dB, maintaining quality sound.

Btw, Gojira are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back