Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #54,092 of 62,680
AZ80 are bland to me and like being inside an empty wooden barrel as I said before.

QCII are bass heavy and no matter what I do I just do not like the SQ, I bought for the ANC, but they really hurt my ears as the old comfort fit system was far better for comfort and passive seal.
not bass heavy. bass is deep and punchy,not overly mids or highs,- similar to my focal stellia. solid valued bass,not cheap as do other tws.soundztage big,but not good instrument separation as has airpods pro.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #54,093 of 62,680
You asked a question then you answer it for me!

That is YOUR personal opinion, please respect mine.

IMO the Bose sound sh1te, the bass is not even good bass and others getting banned on the Bose SubRedd say the same.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #54,094 of 62,680
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #54,097 of 62,680
how diferent sound az80 vs qcii ?
I prefer the Bose after some EQ and the top tier ANC is more useful in my life. Both can be tuned to get more bass punch. The Bose and Apple APP2 both have stellar ANC for tws buds. If ANC is your priority, then you can't go wrong with either. If sound is your priority, I think the Bose edge out the APP2 but not by a huge amount. Some folks do not like the fit of either, but I have no issues. The AZ80 fit me the best.

I'd say figure out your wants/needs and budget, then go from there. Difficult to tell you what is best. Opinions (and reviews) are like ***holes. We all have one. Best you try a few out for yourself if you can.

All the above said, if sound is your priority, I don't think any of the above buds are the best for audiophiles. We all stupidly spend thousands on true wireless earbuds like the Noble Mystique, Hifiman Savanar and more. It's a terrible addiction.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #54,098 of 62,680
Do you have the Extra Fit kit for the Bose QCII, I ask as my ears are wounded by any of them, but it seems to be the plastic not the wings at bottom section doing so,

Somone here mentioned they cannot get a good seal with them and wanted recommendations; I tried them with normal eartips not flanged but only one side will fit charge case then.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #54,099 of 62,680
The more I use these AZ80 the more I like them. They may not be the best at any given category but they are always in the mix and when you combine that across all areas it's easy to make a case for them being a great all round TWS.

I actually can see why they priced them as much as the MSRP of the WF-1000XM4. They easily beat that model, have more features than it, the MTW3, Bose, and GB2P. But I bet they end up going for a discount often.

Having said that, all indications are the XM5 will be more expensive the the 4 in regard to MSRP which will place the AZ80 below Sony for pricing, so high, but in the pack for pricing.

it will be interesting to see how their low end model stacks up against Sony in the lower end tier. But I see no reason to buy them or the low end Sony just to find out.

I do find the battery dying throughout the day which indicates I am using these more than my other TWS and using them more on average than I was using my other TWS. Likely just the honeymoon phase. But it does show a need to have a second TWS handy for when that happens. I have generally switched to the MTW3 as they are basically my other favorite TWS at the moment. Not sure I can justify two top tier TWS so am hoping the Fiio FW3 might be a good alternate while I wait for AZ80 to recharge.

The FW3 is showing as in Calgary waiting for transit to final delivery office Which I am hoping means they will be out for delivery on Monday. If so, I will have a new TWS to experience.

I am thinking I need to clean out as many higher priced TWS as possible amongst othe electronic gadgets and try to ween off of the need to try new stuff so much, need to focus on finances... my "habit" is getting out of control... DOH!
@dweaver I don't think you've said yet, but which tips did you go with?

I've been using my AZ80s since release, Technics did end up charging me (the charge fell off but they caught it lol) but I absolutely love them. They're very comfortable, sound good to me, and multipoint is flawless (please don't jinx myself). I have them connected to my iPhone 14 Pro and Windows 11 laptop all day at work and they perfectly switch back and forth when I get a call on my phone, pause the audio, etc.

Mic quality seems to be great, I personally turned OFF Just My Voice as people said it could sometimes sound robotic or echoey, but I have no need for it since I'm in an office. I did have it on WITH the iPhone 14 Pro's "voice isolation" setting ON for the microphone, so this could have been causing issues. I preferred to just leave the iPhone voice isolation mode on and leave Just My Voice off so I don't have to toggle voice isolation back on for normal calls without headphones.

I do wish the app was better, there are a few things they should add, which I believe the XM4s have and probably others:
- A way to set connection priorities. This hasn't been an issue yet, but if my phone has audio and so does my computer, it'll always prioritize the phone. Unless I fully stop the audio. Would be nice.
- Ear tip fit test would be nice.

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #54,100 of 62,680
Do you have the Extra Fit kit for the Bose QCII, I ask as my ears are wounded by any of them, but it seems to be the plastic not the wings at bottom section doing so,

Somone here mentioned they cannot get a good seal with them and wanted recommendations; I tried them with normal eartips not flanged but only one side will fit charge case then.
Guessing you're asking me? You didn't reply with my previous messing inline. Yes, I purchased the additional fit tips from Bose. I'm using the XL and the seal is stellar. I've tried aftermarket foam tips from eBay and while they worked great, they didn't last and the adapter portion of the tips broke apart while removing them :frowning2:.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2755625647...HSrSQ2wuYavRtJbJuOzhwif5c=|tkp:Bk9SR86SwqCmYg

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #54,101 of 62,680
@dweaver I don't think you've said yet, but which tips did you go with?

I've been using my AZ80s since release, Technics did end up charging me (the charge fell off but they caught it lol) but I absolutely love them. They're very comfortable, sound good to me, and multipoint is flawless (please don't jinx myself). I have them connected to my iPhone 14 Pro and Windows 11 laptop all day at work and they perfectly switch back and forth when I get a call on my phone, pause the audio, etc.

Mic quality seems to be great, I personally turned OFF Just My Voice as people said it could sometimes sound robotic or echoey, but I have no need for it since I'm in an office. I did have it on WITH the iPhone 14 Pro's "voice isolation" setting ON for the microphone, so this could have been causing issues. I preferred to just leave the iPhone voice isolation mode on and leave Just My Voice off so I don't have to toggle voice isolation back on for normal calls without headphones.

I do wish the app was better, there are a few things they should add, which I believe the XM4s have and probably others:
- A way to set connection priorities. This hasn't been an issue yet, but if my phone has audio and so does my computer, it'll always prioritize the phone. Unless I fully stop the audio. Would be nice.
- Ear tip fit test would be nice.
I actually went back to their own tips and swapped to the extra large. The large also fit but cause a bit of whooshing sound walking so have decided on the extra large. big ol lug holes in my ears... LOL

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #54,103 of 62,680
They are highly regarded but being a Japan brand and finding the right tuning you want makes them a brand you really need to do your homework on
This is where they lost me. Reviews and comments that looked like
"Man you really can't beat the naturalness of the 'atscu1056wa' unless you like bass then the 'citscu1276wb' might be the one for you.

And so on and so on

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #54,104 of 62,680
Does anyone remember Hyphen? They were my first tws purchased off Indiegogo when that was an avenue that still worked.

They came out with the hyphen 2 which I didn't try and apparently couldn't see an avenue for innovation in the market with its saturation so stepped away.

Well they back with what they call "air conduction tws"

Screenshot_2023-07-08-07-34-51-23_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

I think it's like bone conduction but it fits in the ear and works from there.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...7062023update&utm_source=cordial#/updates/all

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #54,105 of 62,680
wow, seems like there are quite a few of us in that older/wiser age group. 53 here.
Folks...I am the elder statesman I fear.

Also, I should have a Svanar arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back