Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 5, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #54,031 of 62,481
I think the Bose QCII's sounds great for what they are, honestly.
I know there are plenty of people here who would say otherwise but I think they're just a hair below the top dogs that I've hear, and I have the Fokus Mystiques, Final Audio ZE8000, Nuratrue Pro, Status Between 3ANC etc etc, but have way better ANC and great transparency mode. (I also think the Bose's sounds better than some of the aforementioned earbuds but... I'll leave which ones unsaid)

The bass to me is not extreme and definitely not muddy but rather bouncy and has decent sub bass extension, and the treble is the opposite of harsh. In my experience it was actually hard to make them harsh even if I tried. I can go from the 3ANC straight to the Bose and not feel like sound is worse, just... different. Some parts of the Frequency curve actually sound better to me on the Bose. But with a caveat: This is me using an android phone and EQ:ing with Wavelet and/or Poweramp EQ, so if you're on an iPhone the EQ options are obviously more limited.

I'm not going to say that they're the BEST for sound, but to me they're a far cry from the Bose I remember pre-TWS-era where I bought a set of wired earbuds and ended up being like completely confounded over how they sounded, and how BAD they sounded.

Also, to everybody else: What happened to the update Bose promised where the QC2's would get AptX support?
Would love to find some replacements tips for the Bose as I cannot find the right seal

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #54,032 of 62,481
Jul 6, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #54,036 of 62,481
what from tws has best instrument separation with neutral sound?
Don't know if multi driver TWS give out better instrument separation but have a few 2BA 1DD TWS and most of the time I feel like they have better instrument separation. If you want know the best instrument separation TWS I own with good neutral sound. Check out the AVIOT TE-BD21j-ltdpnk

Jul 6, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #54,037 of 62,481
Don't know if multi driver TWS give out better instrument separation but have a few 2BA 1DD TWS and most of the time I feel like they have better instrument separation. If you want know the best instrument separation TWS I own with good neutral sound. Check out the AVIOT TE-BD21j-ltdpnk
nice designe

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #54,043 of 62,481
for better instrument separation and bigger soundstage must be more drivers in body? with one driver aerbuds always sounds muted and not detailed?

IMHO that's a misconception. The most detail is in a neutral sound signature, in which no frequency overshadows any other (= no masking). And single driver earphones are perfectly capable to deliver that, particularly if your TWS has an in-device EQ to optimize the frequency response.

However, our ears and brain can be tricked into perceiving certain non-linear sound signatures as "more detailed", when in reality that's often just due to some (strategic) spikes at certain frequencies. And such sound signatures are easier to achieve with multi-drivers, where you can tune each driver separately.

The effect can be compared to sharpening of a picture, where the sharpened copy looks more detailed than the original, and the oversharpened copy looks even more detailed. However in reality, the sharpened copies are based on the same information as the original, and just being presented to our eyes in another way:

SharpOversharp.jpg

Jul 6, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #54,044 of 62,481
does at moment best sounding tws with good separation and soundstage is noble focus mystique?
Nobles really good. I only got the Fokus Pro recently. I don't see why you would need to upgrade from sound for this but I do understand why it wouldn't be anyone's last purchase.

I will say I sold everything else I had after I got these. However, the soundstage isn't the biggest of any soundstage I've heard. A few other buds would beat it, easily the Denon PerL Pro, but that beats everything. You could tune the PerL to be more neutral but the fun is in its thump imo.

Most neutral one I've heard is the good old Nuarl N6 Pro. Single driver, but pretty nice.

The Final ZE3000 has a similar sound signature. Very pleasing to people chasing that neutrality. Final has a cheaper version the ZE2000 out or coming out too which could be of interest.

Oh yea and the technics might be right for you too.

However, whatever you get, probably look for an in app EQ, it's your best bet of getting the sound you want.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #54,045 of 62,481
Anyone have any recommendations for good eartips to use with the Nuratrue Pro's? Been using the foams since day one and I honestly don't like foam tips if there's a good option, but every silicon tip that I've tried so far from other earbuds etc has made the sound and fit feel like absolute crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back