Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 29, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #53,853 of 62,244
Found a link

https://atlantictechnology.com/products/tws1

Doesn't jump out at me as special, the waterproof rating is nice.

And I like the burn-in feature, if you've ever owned an IMR iem then you know burn in is for real.

On another note. I can't believe tech blogs still headline every new tws with a "Airpods alternative" heading variant. Does apple pay them every time they do that?

Jun 29, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #53,854 of 62,244
A bit out of topic, but as you were talking about phones here is the link for the launch event of the Asus Zenfone 10. It should be Snapdragon sound with aptx lossless, headphone jack with a good dac, small form factor, 5000mah 4300mah battery.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #53,855 of 62,244
A bit out of topic, but as you were talking about phones here is the link for the launch event of the Asus Zenfone 10. It should be Snapdragon sound with aptx lossless, headphone jack with a good dac, small form factor, 5000mah battery.

GSM showing as 4300 battery ? What DAC in these ?

I could do with a smaller Android phone with 3.5mm socket.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #53,856 of 62,244
GSM showing as 4300 battery ? What DAC in these ?

I could do with a smaller Android phone with 3.5mm socket.
Yes, GSM was right. I'm a bit disappointed: still asymmetrical bezels (Asus had posted misleading pictures) and only 30w charging. They added wireless charging though. Qualcomm Aqstic DAC should be the same as on the 9.
I had money in my hands, now I'm not sure.

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #53,857 of 62,244
Yes, GSM was right. I'm a bit disappointed: still asymmetrical bezels (Asus had posted misleading pictures) and only 30w charging. They added wireless charging though. Qualcomm Aqstic DAC should be the same as on the 9.
I had money in my hands, now I'm not sure.
I double checked size and its no smaller/lighter than an S23 anyway, but no 3.5mm on that.

Will see what the upcoming Xperia 5 V will be like.

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #53,858 of 62,244
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #53,861 of 62,244
Why did it go to SBC with no LDAC? No Aptx on board?
With it's budget price you expecting a bunch of codecs??? Silly Wabbit. Next you'll want it to have BT5.3 and be a class 1 device instead of class 2, LE updates and wireless charging and MP. It's a Hifiman. Best you can hope for is no use issues and they sound good enough to warrant the price. They are gonna be weak on the features and software side of things. Back in the day it was lucky if your Hifiman earphones lasted 6 months before they started to break. These won't have cables issues at least. :)

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #53,862 of 62,244
With it's budget price you expecting a bunch of codecs??? Silly Wabbit. Next you'll want it to have BT5.3 and be a class 1 device instead of class 2, LE updates and wireless charging and MP. It's a Hifiman. Best you can hope for is no use issues and they sound good enough to warrant the price. They are gonna be weak on the features and software side of things. Back in the day it was lucky if your Hifiman earphones lasted 6 months before they started to break. These won't have cables issues at least. :)
Well mine goes to AAC so I’m pretty surprised it’s LDAC or SBC on android. Why not AAC? Something doesn’t sound right. BT 5.3 has nothing to do with that.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #53,863 of 62,244
With its budget price you expecting a bunch of codecs??? Silly Wabbit. Next you'll want it to have BT5.3 and be a class 1 device instead of class 2, LE updates and wireless charging and MP. It's a Hifiman. Best you can hope for is no use issues and they sound good enough to warrant the price. They are gonna be weak on the features and software side of things. Back in the day it was lucky if your Hifiman earphones lasted 6 months before they started to break. These won't have cables issues at least. :)
So google says it has SBC, AAC and LDAC so it should not be defaulting to SBC on an Android device. I’m going to try to stop short of defending HFM as I’m well aware of their reputation on build etc but my Svanar are probably the most premium TWS I’ve ever owned in terms of build quality and I’ve owned a lot. Not sure on the BT 5.3 thing but I really doubt that’s a a Meaningful problem for them. They sound amazing. Work as advertised. Fit well. And are premium feeling. They have a best in class DAC/AMP and a high end driver. Not really sure what else you can ask for.

Edit - I realize I sound like I’m a fanboy. Lol. HFM isn’t a tech company so it’s not a surprise that they don’t feature the latest and greatest features. Noble has the same issue. We need Noble and Bose to get in a room and create the Noble Bose X TWS Collab!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #53,864 of 62,244
So google says it has SBC, AAC and LDAC so it should not be defaulting to SBC on an Android device. I’m going to try to stop short of defending HFM as I’m well aware of their reputation on build etc but my Svanar are probably the most premium TWS I’ve ever owned in terms of build quality and I’ve owned a lot. Not sure on the BT 5.3 thing but I really doubt that’s a a Meaningful problem for them. They sound amazing. Work as advertised. Fit well. And are premium feeling. They have a best in class DAC/AMP and a high end driver. Not really sure what else you can ask for.
It says they can not work so well with auto setting of codecs so you should manually select the codec. Maybe that is why it won't connect to AAC on Android.

Depends on your standards or feature needs one can certainly expect more in some areas for the price.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #53,865 of 62,244
It says they can not work so well with auto setting of codecs so you should manually select the codec. Maybe that is why it won't connect to AAC on Android.

Depends on your standards or feature needs one can certainly expect more in some areas for the price.
Not sure. They aren’t Sony or Apple. Relatively small company. They clearly spent the time and money on the dac/amp and driver. Isn’t that what people here are clamoring for these audiophile based companies to do? It’s like they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Btw, forcing AAC on Android takes like two seconds. Hardly a heavy lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back