Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 21, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #53,686 of 62,213
^^ I would say the Wear Sensors, I had slight issue on day one with them so wiped them in case they had something on the surface.

The ANC is a hit and miss, it works well one day then next day does next to nothing, I assume it is adaptive so would prefer to be able to disable this.

I was messing with that Tweak Slider like you but was not sure what was best.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #53,687 of 62,213
3 times today the right ear bud started to click once every second or 2. Every time, if I remove the bud, the music stops and when I put it back in and the music resumes the click sound disappears. So not sure what's causing this but hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.

Probably some ANC issue .. as I am using the EAH-AZ80 for hours without such issue at all, but I never activate ANC (too much impact on SQ for my taste and I have already a sufficient passive noise reduction with proper ear tips)

Jun 21, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #53,688 of 62,213
Btw, here's my FR-measurement of the Pro-18 (red = RAW, gray = DF-compensated). Should be pretty consistent with what one hears, except for the bass range, which might be a little more or a little less, depending on fit.

TWS Pro18 raw df.jpg
Received and played around with them and indeed! Those are lovely!
Initially I thought maybe I had gotten a bad batch, but it was my selection of test song that was just not a good idea (hectic salsa brass for a semi open, sounded even worse on the AP3 :wink: )

What I really like (and did not expect, thinking this would be a 1:1 clone!): the case is quite some smaller than the AP3 and the stems on the buds are a bit shorter

Only thing that bugs me: those are fiddly to get out of the case.

Thanks again for the recommendation

Jun 21, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #53,689 of 62,213
Ride on C-train with AZ80 shows these to be excellent ANC TWS. These block sound as good as the XM4.

I did the ANC tweak yesterday using the TV to make louder noise and chose the setting that seemed to block out the voiced the best which was not the highest spot on the slider, it was 1 or 2 notches below the top. The top spot actually let in more voices.

New tips are working really well. They make the TWS more stable and since they have no foam covering the opening they have opened up the treble giving cymbals more clarity.

Which tips are you using?

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #53,690 of 62,213
New Philips sports TWS with "detailed sound", "adaptive noise cancelling", "auto wind noise cancelling", and "clearer calls on the go".
https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/TAA5508BK_00/true-wireless-headphones
1687385340346.png1687385445991.png

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #53,692 of 62,213
Jun 22, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #53,696 of 62,213
Received and played around with them and indeed! Those are lovely!
Initially I thought maybe I had gotten a bad batch, but it was my selection of test song that was just not a good idea (hectic salsa brass for a semi open, sounded even worse on the AP3 :wink: )

What I really like (and did not expect, thinking this would be a 1:1 clone!): the case is quite some smaller than the AP3 and the stems on the buds are a bit shorter

Only thing that bugs me: those are fiddly to get out of the case.

Thanks again for the recommendation

I had a hard time too, trying to get them out at first. But then realized that you can just push with your thumb from the center to the side, and they'll slide out easily:

41NJ6sE2ARL._AC_.jpg

I like the test song you posted, btw! The brass has lots of energy in the upper mids though, making it sound a bit obtrusive with this slightly mid-centric earphone.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #53,697 of 62,213
Does anybody know where Hifiman ships from, is it China? I want to place an order for the Svanar TWS, but with that price I just don't want to have to pay the extra import tax ordering from outside the EU... because that would add another 125 buckaroos on that price which is just... insane. I paid over $500 for the Fokus Mystiques, and I don't see myself paying $625 for the Svanar unless they had some REALLY impressive sound and features, like... idk, if it could give me back rubs and a happy ending I could possibly consider that price.

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #53,698 of 62,213
Does anybody know where Hifiman ships from, is it China? I want to place an order for the Svanar TWS, but with that price I just don't want to have to pay the extra import tax ordering from outside the EU... because that would add another 125 buckaroos on that price which is just... insane. I paid over $500 for the Fokus Mystiques, and I don't see myself paying $625 for the Svanar unless they had some REALLY impressive sound and features, like... idk, if it could give me back rubs and a happy ending I could possibly consider that price.
I feel your pain.. Also in EU and holding off on the Mystiques, 3ANC and Svanar because of this. If I were able to test them out and know I like them I'd be happy to pay the extra, but going in blind only based on reviews is a bit too much for me. Even though it seems I really can't miss with the Mystiques for example, but still..

Jun 22, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #53,699 of 62,213

Not my post, but maybe this can help: https://www.reddit.com/r/HeadphoneAdvice/comments/t9dovg/comment/hztlk3k/

Jun 22, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #53,700 of 62,213
Not the original poster, but thanks! I apparently missed this but their website does indeed mention this:
Q: Where do you ship my order from?

A: Your package will be shipped from our warehouses in China, in the EU, or in the US according to your location and the availability of stock.
So I've sent them an email to ask for Svanar Wireless availability in the EU warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back