Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 21, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #53,671 of 62,483
you still liking the Svanar enough to sell your Bathys?
Yes. I may keep the Focals however even though I think the Svanar makes them redundant for me. When I fly, I use Earplanes plugs so I do need a set of over ears for media. Although I could probably live with a cheap set of Sony or Bose ANC. Once I get my hands on an android device, I’ll probably make the decision as to which to keep but if you asked me to pick my favorite today, it’s the Svanar.

Jun 21, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #53,672 of 62,483
Received FiiTii HiFiDots and besides the non-working Android app.,I like them very much. Stock tips are ok but would like a TWS compatible tip that provides a bit more bass prominence and tames the occasionally sibilant highs with vocals. Neither the paucity of bass or occasional sibilance are a major drawback .. both are minor-league ...but would appreciate tip recommendations that can potentially make a good thing even better. :relieved:

Jun 21, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #53,673 of 62,483
LHDC is starting to grab my attention with not only LHDC 5.0 (up to 1000kbps 24/192khz but also the new LHDC Lossless (up to 1600kbps 16/48khz

https://www.lhdc-audio.org/article.php?lang=en&tb=5&cid=6&ot=all

Which DAP ? Smartphone ? Tablet ? Notebook ? are/will be available with such type of codec.
What about real life experience with drops, cracks and distance between TWS and Source at 1600kbps ?

I am afraid that without Samsung, Apple, Sony's supporting such codec.. those (LHDC/APTX lossless) will maybe stay for a long time rather confidential....

Jun 21, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #53,674 of 62,483
I would guess most DAPs to be released by the end of the year should be compatible with the new LHDC codecs as DAPs do not participate in compatibility wars in terms of codec support like phone manufacturers do. I bought an Xperia 1 IV and didn't realise it had Aptx Adaptive unlike my previous Samsung which had beef with Aptx codecs for whatever reason.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #53,675 of 62,483
I have a similar drawer / shoebox and I start feeling bad about this future trash … hence I have really reduced my impulse buying. That being sad, awaiting that pro 18 / AP3 knock off today :wink:

Btw, here's my FR-measurement of the Pro-18 (red = RAW, gray = DF-compensated). Should be pretty consistent with what one hears, except for the bass range, which might be a little more or a little less, depending on fit.

TWS Pro18 raw df.jpg

Jun 21, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #53,676 of 62,483
Jun 21, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #53,678 of 62,483
I can't remember now if you have/had the Nuratrue Pro but would love to see a comparison between the 2, A/B would be ideal!
I returned the Nuratrue Pro because of the wonky connection issues. I enjoyed the sound and will be excited to see if they improved on connectivity. Not expecting any improvement in sound really.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #53,679 of 62,483
Received FiiTii HiFiDots and besides the non-working Android app.,I like them very much. Stock tips are ok but would like a TWS compatible tip that provides a bit more bass prominence and tames the occasionally sibilant highs with vocals. Neither the paucity of bass or occasional sibilance are a major drawback .. both are minor-league ...but would appreciate tip recommendations that can potentially make a good thing even better. :relieved:
Own both of these. Try AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal 2 or SpinFit CP1025. The Azla has better noise isolation and the Spinfit has better grip but went with the Azla

Jun 21, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #53,680 of 62,483
But not a lot of phone and tws are using them right now
Which DAP ? Smartphone ? Tablet ? Notebook ? are/will be available with such type of codec.
What about real life experience with drops, cracks and distance between TWS and Source at 1600kbps ?

I am afraid that without Samsung, Apple, Sony's supporting such codec.. those (LHDC/APTX lossless) will maybe stay for a long time rather confidential....
Let me have my peace. Can't I just get excited 🥲

Jun 21, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #53,682 of 62,483
Ride on C-train with AZ80 shows these to be excellent ANC TWS. These block sound as good as the XM4.

I did the ANC tweak yesterday using the TV to make louder noise and chose the setting that seemed to block out the voiced the best which was not the highest spot on the slider, it was 1 or 2 notches below the top. The top spot actually let in more voices.

New tips are working really well. They make the TWS more stable and since they have no foam covering the opening they have opened up the treble giving cymbals more clarity.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #53,685 of 62,483
I live in a city that has what we call the Plus 15 which is essentially a corridor walk way connecting all the building in the downtown core. This allows us to walk around without going outside when the weather is bad. These walkways have lots of retail and food courts along them. So, it's really busy at noon.

I went for a 3K walk on them today over lunch time and they were hopping busy. During that walk I went by one busker playing an accordion and a country music line dance demonstration amongst hundreds of people milling around or sitting in food courts.

For the entire walk I wore the AZ80 and I could barely hear a whisper a few times when it got the loudest, or when the music stopped playing. These did an amazing job!

So now to a negative...

3 times today the right ear bud started to click once every second or 2. Every time, if I remove the bud, the music stops and when I put it back in and the music resumes the click sound disappears. So not sure what's causing this but hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back