Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 15, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #53,506 of 62,241
I've heard people refer to soundstage in reviews as "massive" "extraordinary" "truly revolutionary". And still the products with the room enhancers (often much cheaper) create that out of head feeling like nothing else.

Definitely where I'd be investing my money as a designer.

Would love to see what happens to a Noble product if they link up with Roomfeel or Dirac Virtuo
Seems like Audeze could do something in this space although they’ve shown no interest in tws.

Jun 15, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #53,507 of 62,241
Seems like Audeze could do something in this space although they’ve shown no interest in tws.
What do you mean. I have an Audeze TWS right here 😁

Attachments

• 16868025903411573075237023733494.jpg
    16868025903411573075237023733494.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 15, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #53,509 of 62,241
Jun 15, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #53,510 of 62,241
Someone is really hyped about that DAC chip but every single TWS has a DAC otherwise it wouldn't output sound?
Well this TWS has in fact two DACs per earpiece. One integrated with the amp (like any other TWS) that's used when ANC is on. And an extra R2R DAC to be used in 'HiFi Mode'. Whether the second DAC is really necessary is in the eye of the beholder, but at least it's something no other current TWS has.

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #53,511 of 62,241

Interesting review and makes me doubt about this TWS ... it's not really clear about sound quality, if it can be considered as step or even comparable with decent IEMs like IE600/Xelento BT plugged to some good BT LDAC Receivers (BTR7/GoBlu/UP4 22) => no clear answer available.

On youtube, there are some other reviews concerning the Svanar Wireless, but I am really surprised that they compare a LDAC TWS with none LDAC TWS like ZE8000 and Mystic and they don't find any significant improvement with the Svanar Wireless compared the two others, which is a bit a disappointment. As when I switch in A/B comparison mode between LDAC (990Kbps) vs APTX (384Kbps) vs AAC (250Kbps), there are some instant improvements catchable with LDAC (far more details in higher frequencies and even lows) than other CODEC... actually I have many devices with LDAC/AAC/APTX, but none with Aptx Adaptive/new Lossless & LDAC, so no real A/B comparison possible.

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #53,512 of 62,241
Well this TWS has in fact two DACs per earpiece. One integrated with the amp (like any other TWS) that's used when ANC is on. And an extra R2R DAC to be used in 'HiFi Mode'. Whether the second DAC is really necessary is in the eye of the beholder, but at least it's something no other current TWS has.
I don't want to be splitting hairs but there is a difference between first TWS with a DAC which is misleading and first TWS with a R2r dac which is quite unique. At least that's how my eyes see it :)

Jun 15, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #53,514 of 62,241
Thank you both for your replies!
This head-fi person doesn’t have any feedback.
Supposed, lives in the US.
I’ll do more thinking and research.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #53,515 of 62,241
To SynaestheticA and clerkpalmer.

Jun 15, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #53,516 of 62,241
Do any of my audio brothers know what ASMR is? Is it just a fit technology?

https://www.azla.co.kr/product/asmr/

I’m using Crystals on my APP2 and loving them. I’m trying to determine if MAX or ASMR are better than Crystal but in the standard version to accommodate my Advar. Thx.

Edit: is anyone using Max. Are they sticky as Crystal or sticky at all? I guess not but I’d like an opinion on Max vs Crystal.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #53,517 of 62,241
Did someone listen the cowon cx7 ?
Screenshot_20230615_144940_AliExpress.jpg

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #53,518 of 62,241
Jun 15, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #53,519 of 62,241
Interesting review and makes me doubt about this TWS ... it's not really clear about sound quality, if it can be considered as step or even comparable with decent IEMs like IE600/Xelento BT plugged to some good BT LDAC Receivers (BTR7/GoBlu/UP4 22) => no clear answer available.

On youtube, there are some other reviews concerning the Svanar Wireless, but I am really surprised that they compare a LDAC TWS with none LDAC TWS like ZE8000 and Mystic and they don't find any significant improvement with the Svanar Wireless compared the two others, which is a bit a disappointment. As when I switch in A/B comparison mode between LDAC (990Kbps) vs APTX (384Kbps) vs AAC (250Kbps), there are some instant improvements catchable with LDAC (far more details in higher frequencies and even lows) than other CODEC... actually I have many devices with LDAC/AAC/APTX, but none with Aptx Adaptive/new Lossless & LDAC, so no real A/B comparison possible.
I have access to the codecs you have and don't have access to. Yeah Aptx Lossless>LDAC

Jun 15, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #53,520 of 62,241
Most of these are not multi driver.

If audio quality is top priority above all else and you also like hybrids...

• Fiio FW5, (dual BA/dynamic), reviews were mixed, mainly because of the lack of features and higher price
  • Fiio FW3, (single dynamic driver), mentioned this because of early sale price at $69 US, cheap price, but DSNUTS is giving it very high marks, it might be a great cheapy TWS. I have ordered it but will not see it until early July according to AlieExpress
  • Status Between Pro (hybrid dual BA/dynamic) OK reviews, older model no ANC and tuned differently than new model making it a downgrade for sound over 3ANC
  • Status 3ANC (hybrid dual BA/dynamic) this one is getting very high reviews!
  • Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro (hybrid, single BA/Dynamic), solid performer often on sale, bit big in ear, great if you love BASS.
  • Soundcore Liberty 4 (dual dynamic driver), very comfy, a bit dryer sounding than the 3 Pro, bass is a bit more subdued.
  • Fiitii HiFi Dots (hybrid dual BA/dynamic) (no one knows yet, some members have ordered, so will start to see impressions soon.
  • 1More Evo (hybrid single BA/dynamic), comfy but a bit loose in ear, had very good dynamic sound when I bought it
  • Samsung Galaxy Bud Pro 2 (dual dynamic) decent IEM, very comfy, best sound with a Samsung Phone.

Soundcore Liberty 4 -- avoid at costs. Absolute garbage. This is coming from a person who used Liberty 2 for a long time.
Samsung Galaxy Bud Pro 2 - avoid if you are an iphone user. No IOS app. Sounds good, but some tracks are a bit off. Now there are better alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back