Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 13, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #52,156 of 62,437
I'm definitely the market for PSB. But how many of me are there? I'm unique.....right?

Apr 13, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #52,159 of 62,437
Alright homes, I have a new king. The Ath twx9. First one that I feel beats out the xm4. Bummer it only has aptx, but good tonality, resolution and separation. Using azla sedna light tips. Pretty stoked on it. Fits a little weird, but beautifully made and sounds fantastic.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #52,162 of 62,437
I think the sort of life-like sound they claim would probably just not work with ANC. But it seems to me that transparency would be doable.
I want to order them. I am intrigued. I’ll bet they sound amazing tbh. Then I got an email to preorder Audeze mm-100. So I bailed. Tomorrow is another day.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #52,163 of 62,437
My on the go IEM are now the mystique or the Sennheiser IE600 with the BTR7. Those are not truly wireless but it doesn't matter, so good I can't resist.

Sold the xm4. Tried to sell the AZ60 but no bites. Those now stay at my office in case I forget one of my main two go tos. The MTW3 are thrown in the mix here or there, but will probably be the go to for plane trips.

Apr 14, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #52,164 of 62,437
I want to order them. I am intrigued. I’ll bet they sound amazing tbh. Then I got an email to preorder Audeze mm-100. So I bailed. Tomorrow is another day.
Of those two I'm more curious about the PSB, more about the dual planar than the "RoomFeel" thing. I bought the Letshour S12 and was very impressed, though they were ultimately too raw for me. Now we have a bass-mid planar like that coupled with the ribbon tweeter that the oppo hauwei 1plus use with a dynamic driver. Then add all that expert tuning and, yeah I'm definitely curious.

But then I just laid out for all the family summer travel, so it's glass half-full appreciation time for me and my current gear. Hopefully someone else here will bite.

Apr 14, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #52,165 of 62,437
My on the go IEM are now the mystique or the Sennheiser IE600 with the BTR7. Those are not truly wireless but it doesn't matter, so good I can't resist.
Yeah I deffo agree with the IE600+BTR7, the problem for me was that its still not very convinient compared to True Wireless..So I actually ended up returning the BTR7, simple because I didn't use it very often.

I hope Fiio or any other company releases an improved TWS adapter soon, with an even better amp, newer codecs and newer SoC! Then I'll prob start using my IE600 at home or whenver I don't need ANC.

The UTWS5 are decent, but still leaves much to be desired.

Apr 14, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #52,166 of 62,437
Of those two I'm more curious about the PSB, more about the dual planar than the "RoomFeel" thing. I bought the Letshour S12 and was very impressed, though they were ultimately too raw for me. Now we have a bass-mid planar like that coupled with the ribbon tweeter that the oppo hauwei 1plus use with a dynamic driver. Then add all that expert tuning and, yeah I'm definitely curious.
I think the other driver is a magneto-static which performs the function more like a dynamic than a planar.

I might be wrong, but only looked into it a bit the other day. Similar to the Letshuor Tape and a Kickstarter which introduced it to pretty nice reception.

They are showcasing them at Axpona which is on now.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/axpona-2023-april-14th-15th-and-16th.967728/

Hoping to get some Impressions soon.

Apr 14, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #52,167 of 62,437
Yeah I deffo agree with the IE600+BTR7, the problem for me was that its still not very convinient compared to True Wireless..So I actually ended up returning the BTR7, simple because I didn't use it very often.

I hope Fiio or any other company releases an improved TWS adapter soon, with an even better amp, newer codecs and newer SoC! Then I'll prob start using my IE600 at home or whenver I don't need ANC.

The UTWS5 are decent, but still leaves much to be desired.

UTWS15 is supposedly coming soon (Sept.).

But I think it's more of a side grade to the UTWS5 as it has the same amp, etc. With a new body/case or so I think I read.

Apr 14, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #52,168 of 62,437
I'm hoping for the TWS adapters to become small enough to fit the hardware in something that looks more like a small stem on the earbuds rather than having to loop a huge thing around the ears. At that point I would be fully on board with it. Okay, the image i'm getting in my head of how that would look is goofy as hell, but just anything that makes it not much less portable than regular TWS earbuds and doesn't have to go around the ear etc.

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #52,170 of 62,437
Pretty interesting! Most interesting aspect is the septate amp, believe it's the same type of amp as the Ifi Go blue?

But no mention of any app, or multipoint and a quite dated SoC so no LE audio/Aptx Lossless.

Also you can't buy it as a stand alone until the first 1000s pairs are sold...

Just saw the standalone price... 400£...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back