Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #52,171 of 62,500

Yes, very interesting.

Pretty interesting! Most interesting aspect is the septate amp, believe it's the same type of amp as the Ifi Go blue?

But no mention of any app, or multipoint and a quite dated SoC so no LE audio/Aptx Lossless.

Also you can't buy it as a stand alone until the first 1000s pairs are sold...

Just saw the standalone price... 400£...

Although, no ANC, transparency, multipoint, dated chips... and 400£ !?!? No way.

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #52,173 of 62,500
I think the other driver is a magneto-static which performs the function more like a dynamic than a planar.

I might be wrong, but only looked into it a bit the other day. Similar to the Letshuor Tape and a Kickstarter which introduced it to pretty nice reception.

They are showcasing them at Axpona which is on now.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/axpona-2023-april-14th-15th-and-16th.967728/

Hoping to get some Impressions soon.
I guess they still call it "planar" because it's a flat plane membrane? Anyway, yeah, the S12 is also magneto-static, as are the drivers the Chinese models are using for the high frequencies.

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #52,174 of 62,500
Is there a thread on here equivalent to this but over-ear bluetooth headphones etc that has survived for a long time that's still active?
I'm thinking about buying a pair, but I'm not sure if I want to really stretch up into that premium-segment around $1000 (Focal Bathys, B&O H95, B&W PX8 etc) or settle for something slightly cheaper.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #52,175 of 62,500
Is there a thread on here equivalent to this but over-ear bluetooth headphones etc that has survived for a long time that's still active?
I'm thinking about buying a pair, but I'm not sure if I want to really stretch up into that premium-segment around $1000 (Focal Bathys, B&O H95, B&W PX8 etc) or settle for something slightly cheaper.
Probably any of the dedicated threads for the above will cross over each other. I know the Px8 one has some comparison with the Senn Momentum 4. I would also look at the Audeze mm-100 mentioned here.
edit: oops those are wired. nevermind!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #52,176 of 62,500
Of those two I'm more curious about the PSB, more about the dual planar than the "RoomFeel" thing. I bought the Letshour S12 and was very impressed, though they were ultimately too raw for me. Now we have a bass-mid planar like that coupled with the ribbon tweeter that the oppo hauwei 1plus use with a dynamic driver. Then add all that expert tuning and, yeah I'm definitely curious.

But then I just laid out for all the family summer travel, so it's glass half-full appreciation time for me and my current gear. Hopefully someone else here will bite.

Think you read it wrong? Hybrid with the magneto-stat and a Planar. The Magneto is usually a combo driver dynamic and the tweeter. They seem to use the planar for bass the dynamic is mids and then the treble driver. Sabbat and another already used the Magneto-stat in a TWS. I had the Sabbat a couple years ago. The Sabbat needed more juice for the dynamic part a both a bass planar and the magneto in a TWS could really benefit from some power. No talk of any amp chip powering it and 8 hours of battery is worrisome. If they didn't use an off the shelf magneto and talked of a custom dynamic in it and a quality amp chip I might be more confident. Perhaps that custom audio can work well enough if it needs it.

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #52,177 of 62,500
Yeah I deffo agree with the IE600+BTR7, the problem for me was that its still not very convinient compared to True Wireless..So I actually ended up returning the BTR7, simple because I didn't use it very often.

I hope Fiio or any other company releases an improved TWS adapter soon, with an even better amp, newer codecs and newer SoC! Then I'll prob start using my IE600 at home or whenver I don't need ANC.

The UTWS5 are decent, but still leaves much to be desired.

Yah it's definitely not nearly as convenient as TWS, but, the SQ is so good and I find the convenience is better than having the IE600 plugged into my phone vs the BTR7, so they go out with me - not all the time, the Mystique more than the IE600, but still the IE600 are in my rotation just because they sound so good. A lil bump in the bass on the BTR7 EQ and they are perfect.

edit: one key thing about the IE600, this is asterisked by using an aftermarket cable that is more supple and has less of a memory wire effect by the ears. Otherwise honestly, these would stay home more.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #52,180 of 62,500
Think you read it wrong? Hybrid with the magneto-stat and a Planar. The Magneto is usually a combo driver dynamic and the tweeter. They seem to use the planar for bass the dynamic is mids and then the treble driver. Sabbat and another already used the Magneto-stat in a TWS. I had the Sabbat a couple years ago. The Sabbat needed more juice for the dynamic part a both a bass planar and the magneto in a TWS could really benefit from some power. No talk of any amp chip powering it and 8 hours of battery is worrisome. If they didn't use an off the shelf magneto and talked of a custom dynamic in it and a quality amp chip I might be more confident. Perhaps that custom audio can work well enough if it needs it.
Is a megneto-stat just considered a double driver? Cause the info on the PSB only indicates a hybrid.

I read a Magneto-static as a driver that used currents instead of voltages (don't really understand the difference). I do know that they are claiming the mag-stat adds to the bass but in my experience dynamics do bass better than planar.

Regardless I hear what you're saying about the power. Planar in general needs the juice. The Chinese brands using it + a dynamic are only hitting 4 hours and all the wired planars I've used or read about can't be run off a phone properly.

On the other hand, the UM U-Free specifically mentions it's power capabilities which is why I got it (first time I'd seen that) but it didn't help the sound.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #52,183 of 62,500
Apr 14, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #52,184 of 62,500
Is a megneto-stat just considered a double driver? Cause the info on the PSB only indicates a hybrid.

I read a Magneto-static as a driver that used currents instead of voltages (don't really understand the difference). I do know that they are claiming the mag-stat adds to the bass but in my experience dynamics do bass better than planar.

Regardless I hear what you're saying about the power. Planar in general needs the juice. The Chinese brands using it + a dynamic are only hitting 4 hours and all the wired planars I've used or read about can't be run off a phone properly.

On the other hand, the UM U-Free specifically mentions it's power capabilities which is why I got it (first time I'd seen that) but it didn't help the sound.
Yep, now that you mention it, one of the main reasons I stopped using the s12 was because it's sounded noticeably worse on my phone then on my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back