Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 4, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #51,511 of 62,746
I have kinda stopped fighting with the strange fit of Nuratrue Pro. The stock tips are the ones I have settled on, with no wings. Things I dont like so far; the fit has taken some getting used to and not sure yet about long term comfort. The other thing is how they sit in the case, being recessed they aren't easy to remove. Aesthetics wise, they aren't attractive to me, fortunately for me I am not that self conscious.
Soundwise they are impressive. In a couple more days and a couple more personalization sessions, I will A/B them with the EX.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #51,512 of 62,746
I have kinda stopped fighting with the strange fit of Nuratrue Pro. The stock tips are the ones I have settled on, with no wings. Things I dont like so far; the fit has taken some getting used to and not sure yet about long term comfort. The other thing is how they sit in the case, being recessed they aren't easy to remove. Aesthetics wise, they aren't attractive to me, fortunately for me I am not that self conscious.
Soundwise they are impressive. In a couple more days and a couple more personalization sessions, I will A/B them with the EX.
I thought I was done after nuratrue pro, noble fokus pro and mystique, and a slew of earlier buds, but...fiio fw5 is phenomenal.

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #51,517 of 62,746
Just picked up the following earbuds this past 2 weeks:
Earfun Pro 3 -very good base but lacked detail and treble clarity
Edifier 240 -Excellent sound for an under $75 Bud. Soundstage a bit small and ANC is above average. Good all rounder
Bose Quiet Comfort II -Class leading ANC bar none. Sound is loud and clear but has a bit of an artificalness to it.....hard to describe, but the bass is a bit off
Bowers & Wilkens Pi7 S2 -Best in class sound vs any other TWS I have ever tested. Wide sound stage, great detail and instrument seperation. Nothing sounds aritfical or bloated. Bass is full but not overdone. Tonality and Timbre are spot on. Sound is warm but at the same time treble will add that detailed sparkle without the artifical crispiness that most cheaper earbuds give u at the upper ranges. Only negative with these is the price, average ANC, and no additional features with app. But if sound quality is your thing.....game over .....at this point.

Mar 5, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #51,518 of 62,746
Bowers & Wilkens Pi7 S2 -Best in class sound vs any other TWS I have ever tested. Wide sound stage, great detail and instrument seperation. Nothing sounds aritfical or bloated. Bass is full but not overdone. Tonality and Timbre are spot on. Sound is warm but at the same time treble will add that detailed sparkle without the artifical crispiness that most cheaper earbuds give u at the upper ranges. Only negative with these is the price, average ANC, and no additional features with app. But if sound quality is your thing.....game over .....at this point.
Really sucks that the Pi7 are so lacklustre in most other aspects than sound quality...BT 5.0, low battery life, and transparency mode cannot even be activated via the touch controls.

Just by using a newer SoC would have solved the battery life and probably would have let Bowers improve the ANC even more.

The transparency mode issue is prob the most ridiculous issue I've encountered in a while for a pair of TWS in this price class. Can't think of a single other TWS that won't let you enable it via the controllers, especially not in this price range. This should be fixed ASAP by B&W....

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #51,519 of 62,746
A couple days into the Nuratrue Pro and noticing the Bluetooth cut outs are really strange and annoying. Any solutions?

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #51,520 of 62,746
Mar 5, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #51,521 of 62,746
A couple days into the Nuratrue Pro and noticing the Bluetooth cut outs are really strange and annoying. Any solutions?
What device/codec etc? Indoors or outdoors? Lots of different factors affect Bluetooth issues.

Suffice to say, not had any of those with mine - Pixel 6 Pro with AptX, really decent range throughout my solid 'brick' house.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #51,522 of 62,746
What device/codec etc? Indoors or outdoors? Lots of different factors affect Bluetooth issues.

Suffice to say, no had any of those with mine - Pixel 6 Pro with AptX, really decent range throughout my solid 'brick' house.
I re-paired and it has been much better. I will keep an eye on it, or ear on it rather.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #51,523 of 62,746
What is the Etymotic ER2XR equivalent(sound signature) TWS these days? Largely neutral with treble extension and controlled sub-bass without bleeding into mid-lows. Admittedly, much harder to do without the in-brain ety insertion. If somebody has Linkbuds S that they would like to offload, I've been curious about those and can paypal you or trade you something else that you wanted to try

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #51,524 of 62,746
What is the Etymotic ER2XR equivalent(sound signature) TWS these days? Largely neutral with treble extension and controlled sub-bass without bleeding into mid-lows. Admittedly, much harder to do without the in-brain ety insertion. If somebody has Linkbuds S that they would like to offload, I've been curious about those and can paypal you or trade you something else that you wanted to try
Etys ER2XR or, even better, EVO as TWS would be just perfect

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #51,525 of 62,746
My WF-1000XM4s recently started having severe battery drain issues after almost a year and a half of daily use.

So, now I'm in the market for a new pair of earbuds. First, I'm an iPhone user and use it daily for both music and business purposes, (mostly Teams/Zoom meetings) so I need something that excels in both areas. The XM4s were good, but their mics were not the greatest.

Anyway, aside from the APP2, what is the best wireless earbuds these days? Also, it's important that it has good ANC and transparency modes for when I commute in the mornings.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back