Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 2, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #51,496 of 63,207
Talk me off the cliff...

I havesome budget up to say $300CAD.

If I wanted to try something new would any of the following be worth thinking about or would they just beside grades at best?

I currently own the GB2P, WF-1000XM4, JBL Live Pro 2. I like all 3 with WF being my current favorite followed by the GB2P. I like my bass but also want good midrange and treble.

I can get the following on sale.

SOUNDCORE Liberty 4 $149Cad, looks to be slightly less bass heavy the LP3 but more bass than the A40. Both which I owned and flipped. The LP3 was a bit uncomfortable and the table a bit sharp. The A40 was to tame in the bass. Would this be comfy and something smack dab in the middle?

1More Evo $169Cad. The reviews I have read a listened to complain about the mics and used to complain about lack of manual EQ which 1more fixed.

Sennheiser MTW3, $279Cad, this the most expensive and I imagine potentially the best sounding of the 3. Issues for me are no LDAC which is almost a must for hires on a Samsung device.

I need decent mics, good ANC and ambient and would like around 6hrs battery life with ANC on. The Liberty 4 check all the boxes, the Evo not so much and the same goes for Sennheiser.

So if I jump, I am tempted the most by the Liberty 4. But am I just wasting time? Given my price point max is there a better option or should I just wait patiently for Sony and Technics to show their latest options and keep saving? Or maybe go Bose?
Oops, this was meant for you...

I picked up the liberty pro 2 on a clearance at (no kidding) Walmart, two weeks back.. $54, they had 5, all gone now.. I like it, great sound, fits good and no fuss!!

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #51,497 of 63,207
Don't Samsung phones support aptx too? Is there truly a big difference between using ldac and aptx as far as sound quality is concerned?
I've head the same songs "play that funky music white boy, The Who...Who are you, and America Ventura highway, with both, and it would be real hard to pick one over the other. Just a little experiment of mine; throw in AAC and it becomes even more confusing...
I've ended up just listening to the music and fer-get-a-bout it, or however New Yorkers say it.. 😃

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #51,498 of 63,207
I'll chime in because I think my experience is relevant to your situation and could be helpful. I had a very similar issue with imbalance, particularly in the left ear. They were also having some other issues (one day, incredibly distorted even with neutral EQ), so I sent them back. To me, they also sounded "clear." So, I was a bit worried that they just sounded like this and something was wrong with my perception of what "good" should sound like.

Bloom Audio indicated that they would listen to them to confirm the defect. I was worried that they would not find a defect and would send them back. However, they did confirm the defect and sent a new set. They also mentioned in one of the email exchanges that a very small percentage have this imbalance issue-so I think it is a known issue.

While the replacements were in transport, I set my expectations about how they were not going to sounds nearly as good as the NuraTrue Pro (again, because they sounded "clear," so I thought I had an idea of how capable they were).

It turns out, I was way off, they sounds absolutely amazing! I am 100% confident that yours are defective and you should get a new set.

As for the NuraTrue Pro vs the Mystique for bass/subbass, my personal experience is that the NuraTrue Pro have more bass. I will say that I ran the hearing test several times to get to this one that has more bass than other profiles that were developed. So I encourage anyone else to do the same if you want to get them closer to something that fits your preferences. I have not EQ'd them, so this would also be an option I assume to dial them in per your preferences. Also, I will mention that the bass/subbass on the Mystiques is substantial. My person experience is that I need to A/B the NuraTrue Pro and the Mystique to tell the difference. Also notable when A/B-ing is that I agree that the Mystique are better at fidelity. More specifically, I think the bass is less muddy. But I also don't think the bass on the NuraTrue Pro is muddy. Just muddier. Also, since mentioned, I will echo that the soundstage on the NuraTrue Pro is amazing.

I also think comfort is worth mentioning. I'll echo what others have said that the Mystique are the most comfortable TWS I've ever owned. And the NuraTrue Pro do hurt my ears for longer listening. I have Azla SednaEarfit XELASTIC tips on them and they are grippy enough that I'm trying them now without the tips and they won't fall out. I think that without the tips they won't hurt after long sessions. Will update in a few hours.

Hope this helps!

thank you for sharing!
I think I'm going to go for round 3 with the NFM - the sound, when seated well, is just so good. I didn't like the original NuraTrue (bud shape, comfort, custom hearing test) so I am hesitant to go that route. I really like Noble as a brand, and want to support them investing in making such a high quality product, so I'm going to send them back to Bloom (who have been great btw - they confirmed the defect with my first set and sent me a label for this second return) and give it another go.
Appreciate your comment!
I have Crystals on the way for tips, but may try another tip that anyone recommends for comfort and for good bass seal for the NFM. Best of luck, and I hope you continue to enjoy your NFM!

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #51,499 of 63,207
thank you for sharing!
I think I'm going to go for round 3 with the NFM - the sound, when seated well, is just so good. I didn't like the original NuraTrue (bud shape, comfort, custom hearing test) so I am hesitant to go that route. I really like Noble as a brand, and want to support them investing in making such a high quality product, so I'm going to send them back to Bloom (who have been great btw - they confirmed the defect with my first set and sent me a label for this second return) and give it another go.
Appreciate your comment!
I have Crystals on the way for tips, but may try another tip that anyone recommends for comfort and for good bass seal for the NFM. Best of luck, and I hope you continue to enjoy your NFM!
They are shockingly good (even despite reading all the good things people have said, so I think you're making the right choice). Look forward to you getting a pair that work correctly and hearing your thoughts.

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #51,501 of 63,207
Nuratrue Pro arrived...weird fit, I have made my ears sore fiddling with it. No wings, and switching between CP360 and stock tips.

Mar 3, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #51,502 of 63,207
I’m becoming obsessed with Noble products!

mando-way-this-is-the-way (1).gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 3, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #51,503 of 63,207
I'll chime in because I think my experience is relevant to your situation and could be helpful. I had a very similar issue with imbalance, particularly in the left ear. They were also having some other issues (one day, incredibly distorted even with neutral EQ), so I sent them back. To me, they also sounded "clear." So, I was a bit worried that they just sounded like this and something was wrong with my perception of what "good" should sound like.

Bloom Audio indicated that they would listen to them to confirm the defect. I was worried that they would not find a defect and would send them back. However, they did confirm the defect and sent a new set. They also mentioned in one of the email exchanges that a very small percentage have this imbalance issue-so I think it is a known issue.

While the replacements were in transport, I set my expectations about how they were not going to sounds nearly as good as the NuraTrue Pro (again, because they sounded "clear," so I thought I had an idea of how capable they were).

It turns out, I was way off, they sounds absolutely amazing! I am 100% confident that yours are defective and you should get a new set.

As for the NuraTrue Pro vs the Mystique for bass/subbass, my personal experience is that the NuraTrue Pro have more bass. I will say that I ran the hearing test several times to get to this one that has more bass than other profiles that were developed. So I encourage anyone else to do the same if you want to get them closer to something that fits your preferences. I have not EQ'd them, so this would also be an option I assume to dial them in per your preferences. Also, I will mention that the bass/subbass on the Mystiques is substantial. My person experience is that I need to A/B the NuraTrue Pro and the Mystique to tell the difference. Also notable when A/B-ing is that I agree that the Mystique are better at fidelity. More specifically, I think the bass is less muddy. But I also don't think the bass on the NuraTrue Pro is muddy. Just muddier. Also, since mentioned, I will echo that the soundstage on the NuraTrue Pro is amazing.

I also think comfort is worth mentioning. I'll echo what others have said that the Mystique are the most comfortable TWS I've ever owned. And the NuraTrue Pro do hurt my ears for longer listening. I have Azla SednaEarfit XELASTIC tips on them and they are grippy enough that I'm trying them now without the tips and they won't fall out. I think that without the tips they won't hurt after long sessions. Will update in a few hours.

Hope this helps!

Definitely can't underestimate the comfort. It was a good part of the decision for me to get the NFM vs the Nura Pro. The Nura look uncomfortable with a silly design and wings and probably the most complaints I have seen for comfort on a new hype release.

The NFM are the first TWS that I can wear for an hour and not even notice any discomfort. Not like my MTW3 or AZ60 were uncomfortable per say, but I did feel them and maybe needed to adjust them here and there. The NFM are just there. It's the longer stem and the design of a classic IEM keeps all the big part of the IEM from really touching parts of your ear that cause discomfort.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #51,505 of 63,207
Galassia Buds2 Pro o Technics EAH-AZ60?

SAMSUNG Phone (A33 5 G)
Those are actually the two earbuds that I own.

I would say it really depends in what you're looking for in an earbud and what your mobile phone make is.

If you are a Samsung user which gives you access to their higher bitrate codec then you will get an improved sound quality with the Galaxy buds 2 Pro compared to somebody using a different cell phone manufacturer.
It is tuned very close to the Harmon curve and I really like its sound.

The techniques have been my daily drivers for the past nearly a year and a half. They have the LDAC Kodak they have great sound and are feature rich.

Comparatively they are a bit warmer sounding. I would say at the sub base level I prefer the galaxy buds to pro. Going into the midbase I would say that the techniques are stronger in that regard but I think it bleeds a little bit more into the mids. The mids are very clean on the Samsung and it gives a little bit more edge and bite in guitar strings for instance. The treble is very good in both with their being a little bit more detail but also a little bit more sibilance on the Samsungs.

If features like multi-point are important to you then the az 60 would be a better choice because they have the best multi-point I have experienced whereas the Samsungs only have multi-point within the Samsung ecosystem.

Both of them can be set up to have everything controlled on the earbuds. Samsung has an interesting voice chat feature that activates transparency and lowers your volume to your music when talking. On the other hand it also has wireless charging if that's important both of those are missing on the Technics.

A little long-winded but hopefully enough information that could help you make an informed decision if you had to decide between two. I received the Galaxy buds 2 Pro for free with my Samsung purchase of a new phone and have been using it exclusively for the past 3 weeks and have really enjoyed it sound that I have not missed AZ 60 however I would have been satisfied with either.

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #51,506 of 63,207
Talk me off the cliff...

I havesome budget up to say $300CAD.

If I wanted to try something new would any of the following be worth thinking about or would they just beside grades at best?

I currently own the GB2P, WF-1000XM4, JBL Live Pro 2. I like all 3 with WF being my current favorite followed by the GB2P. I like my bass but also want good midrange and treble.

I can get the following on sale.

SOUNDCORE Liberty 4 $149Cad, looks to be slightly less bass heavy the LP3 but more bass than the A40. Both which I owned and flipped. The LP3 was a bit uncomfortable and the table a bit sharp. The A40 was to tame in the bass. Would this be comfy and something smack dab in the middle?

1More Evo $169Cad. The reviews I have read a listened to complain about the mics and used to complain about lack of manual EQ which 1more fixed.

Sennheiser MTW3, $279Cad, this the most expensive and I imagine potentially the best sounding of the 3. Issues for me are no LDAC which is almost a must for hires on a Samsung device.

I need decent mics, good ANC and ambient and would like around 6hrs battery life with ANC on. The Liberty 4 check all the boxes, the Evo not so much and the same goes for Sennheiser.

So if I jump, I am tempted the most by the Liberty 4. But am I just wasting time? Given my price point max is there a better option or should I just wait patiently for Sony and Technics to show their latest options and keep saving? Or maybe go Bose?
It's a disease isn't it? I'm like that with golf equipment!

Since getting my Buds 2 pro with my s23 ultra I find I am not looking for anything new. Liberty4 I find is intriguing but I feel like the soundcore tws always get crazy good reviews as soon as the embargo is lifted and weeks later nobody talks about them. They always seem to miss the mark with one issue or another.

I think you have an interesting mix right now with varying sound signature and features.
If you can hold off I would wait for what is coming out later this year.
I have a feeling we are going to start seeing models using LC3 and getting much better battery life and better quality sound when not using hi res.....

Mar 3, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #51,508 of 63,207

Since getting my Buds 2 pro with my s23 ultra I find I am not looking for anything new. Liberty4 I find is intriguing but I feel like the soundcore tws always get crazy good reviews as soon as the embargo is lifted and weeks later nobody talks about them. They always seem to miss the mark with one issue or another.

I think you have an interesting mix right now with varying sound signature and features.
I have a feeling we are going to start seeing models using LC3 and getting much better battery life and better quality sound when not using hi res.....
Ha!!! Yep, just picked up Sony XM4 (over ears) for $185 open box at Walmart
Excellent headphones, and it's obvious why so popular.. I'll compare against my Max and PX7's... The never ending journey..

Mar 3, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #51,509 of 63,207

lol thanks for talking me down :) or try to...

I do think your right. When reading about the Liberty 4 I have see comparisons where some people say the A40 have more bass and I flipped those because I felt they were a bit to bass lite. An the Evo seems like it has call issues. So I am really going to try and hold off for now.

Mar 3, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #51,510 of 63,207
lol thanks for talking me down :) or try to...

I do think your right. When reading about the Liberty 4 I have see comparisons where some people say the A40 have more bass and I flipped those because I felt they were a bit to bass lite. An the Evo seems like it has call issues. So I am really going to try and hold off for now.
So been tip rolling with the GB2PRO. The large stock tips actually give me a perfect seal. Sound is great. The walls are on the thin side though and ideally would want a bit more volume on the right ear for me.

I bought the Azla Sednaearfit max for Samsung. They have intermediate sizing including an ML and a bigger large than stock. I can get a slightly more comfortable fit than stock but truthfully I don't think they sound as good. I kind of feel the soundstage around vocals feels a bit like in a tunnel. And truthfully at 40$ Canadian plus tax for the mixed pack I am sending them back to Amazon. Really not worth it.

For 15 Canadian I bought a mixed pack of ear tips that have foam silicon and a 3rd double flanged dicon. They are meant for beats tws but they do fit though not as securely.
The largest foam and double flange are decent though I wish a tiny bit bigger. But comfortable.

Then tried an experiment a d so far this is the best. Had some old cheap foam tips I bought for nothing sitting around that don't fit any thing. I cut some rings that are about 1/4 to 1/8 the size of the tip.
I then took that ring and put it on the stem of the unfolded stock tip and then folded back the silicon over the foam.
This gave me a bit of firmness and volume I was missing from stock. They feel a bit more comfortable liem this as well and sound is same or maybe even better. Best of all was a free upgrade.

Sort of home made Symbio style I guess.
Any if you with old foam tips lying around just use knife or sharp scissors. Was easy to do and might make your Sammys even better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back