Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #51,466 of 62,775
In
The Nuratrue Pro arrive tomorrow and I am curious which ear tips folks are finding their favorites? Does anyone use them without the wing? Also, which settings to use versus which not on the app
Stock medium, no wing.

I've rolled a few tips, most successfully with Symbios but they seemed to cause pain after an hour or so.

If you do roll, remember to go through the process of adding a new hearing profile else you'll probably not like what you hear.

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #51,467 of 62,775
In

Stock medium, no wing.

I've rolled a few tips, most successfully with Symbios but they seemed to cause pain after an hour or so.

If you do roll, remember to go through the process of adding a new hearing profile else you'll probably not like what you hear.
Cool. I will need large, so I hope I will get a good seal. Good news about not using the wing, never been a fan.

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #51,468 of 62,775
The Nuratrue Pro arrive tomorrow and I am curious which ear tips folks are finding their favorites? Does anyone use them without the wing? Also, which settings to use versus which not on the app
Not using the extra wing size, haven't tried it, just didn't seem necessary or useful based of other comments.

Using Spinfit CP360 for best comfort and sound.

Have fun

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #51,470 of 62,775
Galassia Buds2 Pro o Technics EAH-AZ60?

SAMSUNG Phone (A33 5 G)

I couldn't find if the A33 5G could handle any 24bits or lossless codec like SSC of the Buds2 pro nore the LDAC of the AZ60 ... so both should be fine with the limited AAC codec

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #51,471 of 62,775
Galassia Buds2 Pro o Technics EAH-AZ60?

SAMSUNG Phone (A33 5 G)
Technics are expected to launch a successor to the AZ60 now this spring. So I'd hold of purchasing the AZ60 now.

If you still want the AZ60 when the v2 launches you'll probably be able to get them at a great discount.

Panasonic Japan are running a campaign for the AZ60 until the 5/3 (2 days), perhaps an announcement will happen just after that date.

https://twitter.com/Panasonic_cp/status/1627503313611804672?t=JRsmptkB0x7yFM-Duz5w5w&s=19

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #51,472 of 62,775
Yes, A33 5G can use LDAC and SSC

And there is not much difference in price, I found AZ60 for 140€ and GB2P for 150€

I want a clean, non-bleeding sound with tight, fast bass, but one that doesn't sound tinny

As a reference something like Hifiman Ananda or simply Sennheiser HD 560S, in terms of tone

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #51,474 of 62,775
Iown for a while and I only use Buds2 pro with Spinfit CP360 for Buds2pro tips ...
They have really tiny size, they have a good sound quality though a bit muddy in lows, but I prefer these last weeks to use a JVC HA-FW1000T which are something like 130€ with Drop's offer.. as they are less fatiguing to be used for hours (with almost no sibilance) and more convincing/cleaner lows/ultra-lows... the stage heigh is more natural to me (less on top of my head than any of my TWS).

No idea if it's significant or not, but still have a gold medal for VGP2023 like the AZ60.

1677683858942.png

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #51,475 of 62,775
In fact the user manual of the AZ60/40 mk2 became available just 2 weeks ago. Nothing to interesting juding from the specs, but all interesting parts are listed as "Tenative" so who knows. But its a sign that they'll get released soon. Hopefully along the AZ80, which more people in this forum should be interested in.

https://fccid.io/ACJ-EAH-AZ60M2/Users-Manual/Users-Manual-6247755

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #51,476 of 62,775
Looking to unload my Sony 1000XM4 - these were a brand new replacement pair from Sony last year and have not been used more than 30 hours since. Send a PM for a good price.

Also the Mystiques have changed over the last couple days. I have noticed since Monday evening's dog walk - the bass has gotten more layered and nuanced and a little more tight. The bass was good before in impact and presence, but was a little 'loose' and blended into the lower mids a bit. Since Monday's dog walk I have taken these on three more dog walks, and that is definitely happening.

When at home I've been listening mostly to my LCD-X, which has a punchy but well defined bass, so that made it easier to notice when the Mystique's bass was a bit looser than I liked. And it is definitely better now.

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #51,477 of 62,775
Well, I received my replacement Fokus Mystique and am having an odd issue with the left bud again - this time it feels as though 90% of the time when I put the earbud in there is a vacuum or pressure with the seal that prevents the DD from functioning - resulting in the feeling of much lower volume on that side. It has not happened once with the R bud and did not ever happen with my previous pair (which had a different issue).
I'm on the latest firmware, have re-paired and reset the buds 3x times - occasionally I can get lucky with the seal and they sound pretty good, but even then I feel like the audio changes if I move my head (e.g. if I tilt my head to the right the audio clears up, but then becomes muted if I stand straight up). Also, putting slight pressure/torsion on the bud seems to let it play normally (though this is not a workable solution).

A few questions for you all:
1) Do you think this may change with burn-in?
2) Is this due to a vent in the bud not functioning (that would equalize the pressure)?
3) Could this be related to my left ear just being off due to flying recently? (Tried my other earbuds and no issue)

Finally, for those of you with both the NFM and the Nuratrue Pro - which one delivers more bass/subbass (ideally listening to a bassy rap song with a good deal of sub bass)?
I'm deliberating between exchanging the NFM one more time, or getting the NTP to give them a spin. If you have any advice on the best route to go to get the NTP, please let me know. I tried the original Nura True and didn't love the buds shape or sound, but am tempted to give the NTP a go.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #51,478 of 62,775
I'm also curious if anyone here (I've read enough of some of y'all's comments that I get a better feel for how the review applies to my taste than I do from the main reviewers) has tried the new Oneplus Buds 2 Pro? The dual driver setup and features seem appealing, but the regular ol' review sites seem to indicate they're lacking a bit in the mids.
I may bite the bullet and go for third times the charm with the NFM.

Thanks!

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #51,479 of 62,775
I'm also curious if anyone here (I've read enough of some of y'all's comments that I get a better feel for how the review applies to my taste than I do from the main reviewers) has tried the new Oneplus Buds 2 Pro? The dual driver setup and features seem appealing, but the regular ol' review sites seem to indicate they're lacking a bit in the mids.
I may bite the bullet and go for third times the charm with the NFM.

Thanks!
This is a short but sweet take on them from someone on Reddit who has had LOTS of TWS:

"A slightly more V-shaped and less resolving version of the Oppo Enco X2"

What they said about Oppo Enco X2:

"The only pair on this list that unforgivingly showed me the limits of Spotify source material. If there were slight artifacts or any other imperfections in the mix, I noticed immediately. This unfortunately got a bit fatiguing with time. I can only imagine how good they must sound with devices using better codes listening to Hi-Fi streaming services. They sound nearly identical to my favorite, the MTW3"

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #51,480 of 62,775
Well, I received my replacement Fokus Mystique and am having an odd issue with the left bud again - this time it feels as though 90% of the time when I put the earbud in there is a vacuum or pressure with the seal that prevents the DD from functioning - resulting in the feeling of much lower volume on that side. It has not happened once with the R bud and did not ever happen with my previous pair (which had a different issue).
I'm on the latest firmware, have re-paired and reset the buds 3x times - occasionally I can get lucky with the seal and they sound pretty good, but even then I feel like the audio changes if I move my head (e.g. if I tilt my head to the right the audio clears up, but then becomes muted if I stand straight up). Also, putting slight pressure/torsion on the bud seems to let it play normally (though this is not a workable solution).

A few questions for you all:
1) Do you think this may change with burn-in?
2) Is this due to a vent in the bud not functioning (that would equalize the pressure)?
3) Could this be related to my left ear just being off due to flying recently? (Tried my other earbuds and no issue)

Finally, for those of you with both the NFM and the Nuratrue Pro - which one delivers more bass/subbass (ideally listening to a bassy rap song with a good deal of sub bass)?
I'm deliberating between exchanging the NFM one more time, or getting the NTP to give them a spin. If you have any advice on the best route to go to get the NTP, please let me know. I tried the original Nura True and didn't love the buds shape or sound, but am tempted to give the NTP a go.

Thank you!
Sounds like a fit issue to me. That's always been the downside to IEMs, getting the right fit. I've had similar issues with using a tip that was too large for my ear. Have you tried using a different tip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back