Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #50,701 of 62,435
I am ASIC engineer and for last couple of years I've been in silicone microphone department. 🍏 Is num 1 costumer using our products. Given their size they are probably the top quality on the market(speaking on mics only) . Latest App2 has 7 mics, 1 is actually in a case and 3 in each bud. Still you won't be able to match quality to bigger headphones.
Ya but now they say it when I’m talking to the
Will mics fix that though? :p :D
Heehee

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #50,703 of 62,435
Hey this is a learning curve for all of us … even the top end folk with all the TOTL cables and IEMs racked up.

The Mest 2 and Indigo are compelling. I bought the Empire Ears Odin, often referenced in top tier lists. Had to sell it on instantly. Completely flat soundstage. I’m sat here with my Indigos in, beautiful and spherical. It’s bonkers and having my iPod max to compare to keeps me grounded as they’re bloody good but not in any way comparable for serious listening.

Anyway I don’t want to divert this thread off track as I’m genuinely interested in how TWS tech has moved on. I’m thinking Noble must be near the top of the pile?

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #50,704 of 62,435
Youve tweaked my interest and I have ordered a pair of Noble Fokus Pros, just couldnt resist!

Re the Pi7s S2, I think (after turning volume normalization off) that for 95% of people they are plenty loud enough, I am just not yet sold on them although I do appreciate they do sound good. I think with the Fokus it will be a nice comparison. I can compare them to my Sony WF1000XM4 as I have those now and can safely say I far prefer the B&W, I never rated the sound of the Sonys though.
Fokus Pro sound remarkably amazing, with lots of volume…but the microphones kind of stink…be forewarned (just in as much as we were discussing mics not so long ago)

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #50,705 of 62,435
Today i dropped my fold 4. ****ing hell. Car, kids and bags... And trying to open it makes cracking noice now.great , great phone but super delicate.
Oh no! Sorry. Probably the hinge. I hope you have insurance! I go caseless on all my phones so I feel your anxiety.

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #50,706 of 62,435
After my disappointment with the ZE, I really want to order the Mystique but I already know I'm not going to like the fit. The wide bore tips just don't work for me. Decisions, decisions.
I put Azla tips on and they do well. I do agree with others that the Mystique seem slightly smaller, but not a huge diff. Sad you can't do them. I'm rockin' my Campfire Andromeda 2020 with the Shure adapters and they're perfect. Zero issues. Incredible sound. You could just go all in :)

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #50,707 of 62,435
This is the same problem I have. I've been suffering with the wide bores on Solaris for years now because I love the sound. But I can't handle long listening sessions with them for that reason. Sigh...
Try the Azla tips if you haven't already. They grip better for the wide bore buds.

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #50,708 of 62,435
That is one reason I held off on the Pi7s S2 until some folks on here posted thoughts. I was always wanting more from the originals and ended up sending them back.
You definitely have hearing loss. They've served me very well so far. Granted, I had that 30% off coupon. Been using them on 3 1/2 mile walks and haven't had one dropout. No wind issues like my APP2 either. Phone calls on the said walk were great.

This song is plenty LOUD!

I know, it's a remix/remastered, but still.

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #50,709 of 62,435
Hello. I have received one of the discount codes for the new Earfun Air Pro 3 earphones that can be bought on Amazon at 30% off the retail price. If anyone would like to have the code, just send me a PM and I will give it to you. I am not planning to use it. Thanks. Code is only good for Amazon US, you can use the code and 10% off coupon on Amazon site to reduce price from $79.99 to $55.99.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #50,710 of 62,435
Would this be remotely possible??? The Indigo sound is a street ahead of the UM Mest 2. Than in itself is streets ahead in imaging layering sub bass sparkle than anything I’ve heard TWS. I clicked into this thread to see how tech has moved on. Surely we are nowhere near yet? My iPod Max are bloody awesome but not a patch on Mest and therefore indigo
Ive only ever heard tws and a few over ears until I recently got the Kublai Khan and yea, tws ain't there, and wherever 'there' is will change by the time the tws is 'here'.

That being said some are pretty damn good, I can't use the Kublais as often as I use my tws and I still enjoy the sound. I thought a TOTL iem would stop me purchasing tws, but unfortunately nothing it seems will do that.

On that note, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the UM U-Free, I'm intrigued how the bone conduction for highs will work and I like the way people talk about their iems.
After my disappointment with the ZE, I really want to order the Mystique but I already know I'm not going to like the fit. The wide bore tips just don't work for me. Decisions, decisions.

The gang at Jaben said the UM is on par with the Noble. Could wait a week I'll give you impressions, but that's not as fun as buying your way into a Greek tragedy so I get it.

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #50,711 of 62,435
You definitely have hearing loss. They've served me very well so far. Granted, I had that 30% off coupon. Been using them on 3 1/2 mile walks and haven't had one dropout. No wind issues like my APP2 either. Phone calls on the said walk were great.

This song is plenty LOUD!

I know, it's a remix/remastered, but still.
Never got the S2s. I did read that v2 was supposedly louder than the originals. B&W screwed me on the coupon. I should send them a picture of all their stuff I have in the house :D

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #50,712 of 62,435
Never got the S2s. I did read that v2 was supposedly louder than the originals. B&W screwed me on the coupon. I should send them a picture of all their stuff I have in the house :D
You should def drop them a line and show your receipts. Awful. You probably own stock in them too 😉

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #50,714 of 62,435
I don’t think it’s too late to use one and I’m not using mine. PM me if you want it….I’ll happily share

Users who are viewing this thread

Back