Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 1, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #50,671 of 62,419
Yep, still makin' them. Why not? They could get pretty damn good one day...
HUAWEI-WATCH-Buds001.jpg
I've always loved the bullets. Truly miss the Earin M-2 buds. They were awesome. Don't want a watch like this, but I'd def load bullets if they made a comeback.

Feb 1, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #50,672 of 62,419
It turns out I was not crazy... :wink:

When the Fold 4 arrived, I pulled off the cover of my S20 to pop the SIM card and found this... So my old phone was living on borrowed time... YIKES!!! Anyway going to see if I can get it repair if not to expensive so my son can use it. But I am going to not carry my new baby in shirt pocket where it can fall out as it appears cases can only protect so much...

BTW the Fold 4 is simply amazing... Loving it so far. Biggest challenge is going to be getting a good case for it as the phone design seriously hampers case design and functionality. TRying to avoid paying $100+ for a Spigen which appears to break as easily as some of the cheaper cases.
Yeah, be careful with that Fold 4. I was always afraid I'd break it, not the main screen, the foldable one. It's a phone so far ahead of its time and I truly loved it. It was the OS I didn't care for since I'm mostly in the Apple eco for home and work. If you can get some insurance on it, you should. Heard many horror stories about issues. Enjoy!

Feb 1, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #50,673 of 62,419
I can honestly say that I’ve been conducting phone calls, mostly indoors, with the Mystique with success. Haven’t tried zoom though.
Same here. Zoom and Chime too. No issues. Everyone hears me loud and clear. Moving the mic to the outside really helped.

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #50,676 of 62,419
Yeah, be careful with that Fold 4. I was always afraid I'd break it, not the main screen, the foldable one. It's a phone so far ahead of its time and I truly loved it. It was the OS I didn't care for since I'm mostly in the Apple eco for home and work. If you can get some insurance on it, you should. Heard many horror stories about issues. Enjoy!
I have been using Samsung phones for about 8 years now and have really grown used to their UI. I know they don't fully take advantage of their audio abilities but I like how they work.

On an actual TWS note I will test the 3D binaural recording feature of the GB2P this week and maybe will post a sample here if it works well.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #50,677 of 62,419
I’ve been disappointed with the microphones on all my TWS. Everyone says I still sound like a jackass
I am ASIC engineer and for last couple of years I've been in silicone microphone department. 🍏 Is num 1 costumer using our products. Given their size they are probably the top quality on the market(speaking on mics only) . Latest App2 has 7 mics, 1 is actually in a case and 3 in each bud. Still you won't be able to match quality to bigger headphones.

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #50,678 of 62,419
Final ZE8000 in the house. Initial impressions are that I'm somewhat underwhelmed on a few fronts. The build quality is decent but not great but the case is really flimsy. I actually like the form factor and fit (setting aside the looks). I got a nice snug fit with the Large tips. Turning to sound, I'm not sure what to think. If the 8k toggle does something, damn if I can tell. I am using an iphone over AAC so maybe that's part of it. I'd be really hard-pressed to pick up any difference between 8k and no 8k. Maybe someone with golden ears could. The default tuning is warm and thick. Switching to the major hifi eq recommendation, things improve. They sound nice - but not that nice. Soundstage is very nice for a TWS but they don't sound as open as the Nuras on spatial. I may just be spoiled by the Nuras at this point but I don't think they best the Nura. They are a little bit dark and veiled but that's not what's holding me back. They don't sound special to me. The Nuras, the EX and the Fokus Pro all had an immediate wow factor that makes you want to pick them up. Not feeling that here. I'll need more time with them to be sure. They may be a slow grower. In short, I can't find anything to criticize but I also can't find anything to really praise. Ymmv.
Thanks for your post. I was a coinflip between the ze8000 and the Mystique and went with Mystique (be here tomorrow).

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #50,679 of 62,419
I have yet to find a TWS where the other party on Zoom (Cisco Jabber strictly in my case) doesn't complain that I don't sound too far away. Note this never happens on any of my regular phone calls. I guess this is a limitation of Windows 10 and I'm not sure if Win 11 has been able to address it. Frustrating since my cheapie Samsung wired earphone always sounds excellent to the other party. Yes, I can splurge on a true VOIP headset like the Evolve 75 but I've been spoiled with the pure comfort that TWS provide especially since I take non stop calls lasting 8-10 hours everyday.

Maybe it's time to upgrade my Jabra Link 380 dongle to one of the newer ones like the NuraTrue's but I'm not sure if that'll do anything. I've actually started looking at Neckband bluetooth headsets with mics closer to the mouth to see if that might do it. Recommendations anyone?

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #50,680 of 62,419
I have yet to find a TWS where the other party on Zoom (Cisco Jabber strictly in my case) doesn't complain that I don't sound too far away. Note this never happens on any of my regular phone calls. I guess this is a limitation of Windows 10 and I'm not sure if Win 11 has been able to address it. Frustrating since my cheapie Samsung wired earphone always sounds excellent to the other party. Yes, I can splurge on a true VOIP headset like the Evolve 75 but I've been spoiled with the pure comfort that TWS provide especially since I take non stop calls lasting 8-10 hours everyday.

Maybe it's time to upgrade my Jabra Link 380 dongle to one of the newer ones like the NuraTrue's but I'm not sure if that'll do anything. I've actually started looking at Neckband bluetooth headsets with mics closer to the mouth to see if that might do it. Recommendations anyone?
Interesting. Using some cheap buds from Amazon (I think I have the Tozo T12), no one complains about my audio quality on Zoom/Teams/etc., and I hear everyone just fine too. And I typically only use one at a time, because having both in feels weird since I can't hear my own voice. And they work great that way. But they suck for music. I was hoping to get one set that could handle both well.

Feb 2, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #50,681 of 62,419
Took delivery of PI7 S2 earlier, had about 20 mins with them so far and they sound pretty decent on an initial listen. As with the majority of TWS I have tried, again I could really do with more volume out of these, found that running 90 or even 100 % still left me wanting more. WIll try some tip-rolling and sit down with these for longer tomorrow.

Feb 2, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #50,682 of 62,419
Took delivery of PI7 S2 earlier, had about 20 mins with them so far and they sound pretty decent on an initial listen. As with the majority of TWS I have tried, again I could really do with more volume out of these, found that running 90 or even 100 % still left me wanting more. WIll try some tip-rolling and sit down with these for longer tomorrow.
The Final seem to suffer from a low volume issue as well and I generally listen well below 80db. I had the slider at 2/3 for about 75db. Guessing for you younger metalheads on here (no, ErockG, you are not young), that's a no go.

Feb 2, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #50,683 of 62,419
The Final seem to suffer from a low volume issue as well and I generally listen well below 80db. I had the slider at 2/3 for about 75db. Guessing for you younger metalheads on here (no, ErockG, you are not young), that's a no go.

Hrm, thanks for the info. I suspect that I am not a young metalhead either at 43, but I do listen almost exclusively to metal, including lots of new stuff. Still searching for the dream TWS for my tastes.

Feb 2, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #50,684 of 62,419
Today i dropped my fold 4. ****ing hell. Car, kids and bags... And trying to open it makes cracking noice now.great , great phone but super delicate.

Feb 2, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #50,685 of 62,419
Hrm, thanks for the info. I suspect that I am not a young metalhead either at 43, but I do listen almost exclusively to metal, including lots of new stuff. Still searching for the dream TWS for my tastes.
LOL, to be clear, they are plenty loud for me, but I understand that some people like to crank it to 11. I think they only go to 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back