Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #50,686 of 62,422
LOL, to be clear, they are plenty loud for me, but I understand that some people like to crank it to 11. I think they only go to 8.

Seriously though, I'm tempted by the ZE8000...I might have to bite the bullet and try them lightly and return them if I'm not happy.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #50,687 of 62,422
With that in mind, are there any TWS which are notably louder than the likes of the B&W PI7 S2, and also the Sony WF1000XM4 which I have here with me, that also dont sound trash?

I am thinking of trying out the Nuratrue Pros but am awaiting a reply from their support (which is stated to take up to a week) as to where they ship from, and where I would be expected to return them to (I am in the UK) should I choose not to keep them in the 30 day trial. I think I read someone in this thread say that that are pretty loud for TWS.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #50,688 of 62,422
With that in mind, are there any TWS which are notably louder than the likes of the B&W PI7 S2, and also the Sony WF1000XM4 which I have here with me, that also dont sound trash?

I am thinking of trying out the Nuratrue Pros but am awaiting a reply from their support (which is stated to take up to a week) as to where they ship from, and where I would be expected to return them to (I am in the UK) should I choose not to keep them in the 30 day trial. I think I read someone in this thread say that that are pretty loud for TWS.
Fokus and Mystique (from what I have read) by Noble will send you to the ear doctor if you aren't careful. Loudest TWS I own by a long distance.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #50,689 of 62,422
Fokus and Mystique (from what I have read) by Noble will send you to the ear doctor if you aren't careful. Loudest TWS I own by a long distance.
How's the call/mic quality on the Mystique?

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #50,690 of 62,422
Thats interesting, I can only see a Pro for sale here in the UK and am considering giving that a try, its a shame the Mystique is not so readily available as I read that is warmer and more v-shaped which does appeal to me.

Meanwhile, I have in a small way helped the low(ish) volume issue on my PI7 S2's having realised I had volume normalization enabled within the Tidal app, disabling this does raise the ceiling a notch or two and it does get to be pretty loud to be fair.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #50,692 of 62,422
Thats interesting, I can only see a Pro for sale here in the UK and am considering giving that a try, its a shame the Mystique is not so readily available as I read that is warmer and more v-shaped which does appeal to me.

Meanwhile, I have in a small way helped the low(ish) volume issue on my PI7 S2's having realised I had volume normalization enabled within the Tidal app, disabling this does raise the ceiling a notch or two and it does get to be pretty loud to be fair.
That is one reason I held off on the Pi7s S2 until some folks on here posted thoughts. I was always wanting more from the originals and ended up sending them back.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #50,694 of 62,422
After my disappointment with the ZE, I really want to order the Mystique but I already know I'm not going to like the fit. The wide bore tips just don't work for me. Decisions, decisions.

This is the same problem I have. I've been suffering with the wide bores on Solaris for years now because I love the sound. But I can't handle long listening sessions with them for that reason. Sigh...

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #50,695 of 62,422
This is the same problem I have. I've been suffering with the wide bores on Solaris for years now because I love the sound. But I can't handle long listening sessions with them for that reason. Sigh...
For me, they just slip out with any movement. If I'm forced to be stationary, I might as well just use cans.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #50,696 of 62,422
For me, they just slip out with any movement. If I'm forced to be stationary, I might as well just use cans.
Ah. I can get a good snug fit that stays put, but the wide bore just hurts after a while. No pain no gain? Man that's a bad audio pun...I'll see myself out...

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #50,697 of 62,422
Nice! I’m listening to my UM Indigo and I’m intrigued by a TWS version of this same sort of sound
Would this be remotely possible??? The Indigo sound is a street ahead of the UM Mest 2. Than in itself is streets ahead in imaging layering sub bass sparkle than anything I’ve heard TWS. I clicked into this thread to see how tech has moved on. Surely we are nowhere near yet? My iPod Max are bloody awesome but not a patch on Mest and therefore indigo

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #50,698 of 62,422
That is one reason I held off on the Pi7s S2 until some folks on here posted thoughts. I was always wanting more from the originals and ended up sending them back.

Youve tweaked my interest and I have ordered a pair of Noble Fokus Pros, just couldnt resist!

Re the Pi7s S2, I think (after turning volume normalization off) that for 95% of people they are plenty loud enough, I am just not yet sold on them although I do appreciate they do sound good. I think with the Fokus it will be a nice comparison. I can compare them to my Sony WF1000XM4 as I have those now and can safely say I far prefer the B&W, I never rated the sound of the Sonys though.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #50,699 of 62,422
Would this be remotely possible??? The Indigo sound is a street ahead of the UM Mest 2. Than in itself is streets ahead in imaging layering sub bass sparkle than anything I’ve heard TWS. I clicked into this thread to see how tech has moved on. Surely we are nowhere near yet? My iPod Max are bloody awesome but not a patch on Mest and therefore indigo
Ha you clearly know a lot more about this than I do. I was chatting with a guy and mentioned I like female vocals and classical and he said I should check out the indigo

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #50,700 of 62,422
Ha you clearly know a lot more about this than k do. I was chatting with a guy and mentioned I like female vocals and classical and he said I should check out the indigo
Have you checked out the IE600s? They are DDs, so might not be what you want, but they are really nice with vocals/instrumentals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back