Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 1, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #50,656 of 62,104
I can control Vol and Tracks (Play/Pause/Skip) via my earbud's controls using the BT-W4 on my PC and Android phone just the same as it does when I connect them directly to the devices own BT, with the Chinese KB8/KB9P etc I only get Vol.

There are setting you can change in Androids Dev Options and for me in PowerAmp but I had no need to.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #50,657 of 62,104
Yep, still makin' them. Why not? They could get pretty damn good one day...
HUAWEI-WATCH-Buds001.jpg

Feb 1, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #50,658 of 62,104
Scrolling through a Singapore retailers site and came across this little diddly.

https://store.jaben.com/collections/tws/products/unique-melody-u-free

Unique Melody coming out with a TWS?

Can't find any online info which makes me think this is a new product.

First Piezoelectric Bone Conductor being used in a tws that i've seen. Listed as sold out on the UM site but in stock on the Jaben one.
Oh man that’s great news. Looks like they’re “coming soon” https://www.uniquemelody.org/products/u-free
Man… the shipping is like $78 to US.

Is Jaben a legit company to order from? I scoured the internet for a discount code to no avail

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #50,659 of 62,104
Anyone have a pair of the ZE8000 and care to comment? Been through the thread here and seen the few reviews out there, including one in Japanese (with subtitles), but hoping for some more opinions here as well. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #50,660 of 62,104
Anyone have a pair of the ZE8000 and care to comment? Been through the thread here and seen the few reviews out there, including one in Japanese (with subtitles), but hoping for some more opinions here as well. Thanks!
A few of us with then now.

I have a review posted a page back.

They dont have that instant "wow" factor which I expect at the price range. And are what I would describe as an intimate sound. They are very good for intimate music, a big full warm sound. But that kind of music doesn't blow my mind to begin with.

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #50,661 of 62,104
Oh man that’s great news. Looks like they’re “coming soon” https://www.uniquemelody.org/products/u-free

Is Jaben a legit company to order from? I scoured the internet for a discount code to no avail
I'm questioning Jaben atm, they used to have a store in Melbourne city so I know they are legit. They just keep blowing me off on their store WhatsApp chat (that they recommended I use).

I probs would have talked myself into a purchase if they responded

*Edit, Jaben responded, they just busy.

However initial feedback from them was that they are miles above the Orbit (which they don't consider so highly) and on par with the Mystique. Apparently they have customers buying both at the same time.

I checked out the driver being used and it's a larger version of the one Nuarl used which still have my favourite mids. This + the piezoelectric (coolest name) bone conduction for the highs makes this super tempting

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #50,662 of 62,104
I have a review posted a page back.
Thanks, I had seen that and appreciated all the time spent and detail shared. I guess they're still new enough that there aren't many reviews out there. I was particularly struck by your comments on how faster sections can get muddy quickly. I mostly listen to faster-paced heavy music, mostly metal, so it sounds like I might be disappointed despite the warm signature (which I like) and the generally positive treatment of "heavy" music in general.

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #50,663 of 62,104
Thanks, I had seen that and appreciated all the time spent and detail shared. I guess they're still new enough that there aren't many reviews out there. I was particularly struck by your comments on how faster sections can get muddy quickly. I mostly listen to faster-paced heavy music, mostly metal, so it sounds like I might be disappointed despite the warm signature (which I like) and the generally positive treatment of "heavy" music in general.
Yea honestly not for metal. A few more refined old school rock songs with less going on sounded very nice. But I ran some modern thrash metal through them (and heavy trance) and they just don't keep up.

I'd look at the Nuratrue Pro for metal tbh, the low end on that is something else.

Or just do what I should have done and finally get one of the Nobles.

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #50,664 of 62,104
Yea honestly not for metal. A few more refined old school rock songs with less going on sounded very nice. But I ran some modern thrash metal through them (and heavy trance) and they just don't keep up.

I'd look at the Nuratrue Pro for metal tbh, the low end on that is something else.

Or just do what I should have done and finally get one of the Nobles.

Thanks. I was looking at the Mystique as well. I was concerned there about the wide bore being uncomfortable, and I also need the option to use these for calls and Zoom and the like, and the Mystique didn't seem to score as highly in that department. I'll check out the Nuratrue too, thanks.

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #50,665 of 62,104
I'm questioning Jaben atm, they used to have a store in Melbourne city so I know they are legit. They just keep blowing me off on their store WhatsApp chat (that they recommended I use).

I probs would have talked myself into a purchase if they responded

However initial feedback from them was that they are miles above the Orbit (which they don't consider so highly) and on par with the Mystique. Apparently they have customers buying both at the same time.

I checked out the driver being used and it's a larger version of the one Nuarl used which still have my favourite mids. This + the piezoelectric (coolest name) bone conduction for the highs makes this super tempting
Nice! I’m listening to my UM Indigo and I’m intrigued by a TWS version of this same sort of sound

Feb 1, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #50,666 of 62,104
Nice! I’m listening to my UM Indigo and I’m intrigued by a TWS version of this same sort of sound
Does that have the bone conductor? Seems like it would create a nice 3d effect for highs

Feb 1, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #50,667 of 62,104
Thanks. I was looking at the Mystique as well. I was concerned there about the wide bore being uncomfortable, and I also need the option to use these for calls and Zoom and the like, and the Mystique didn't seem to score as highly in that department. I'll check out the Nuratrue too, thanks.
I can honestly say that I’ve been conducting phone calls, mostly indoors, with the Mystique with success. Haven’t tried zoom though.

Feb 1, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #50,668 of 62,104

Jaben is a pretty reputable headphone store, they have a physical store in Singapore. One of the early pioneers to bring high end headphones and earphones to Singapore.

Feb 1, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #50,669 of 62,104
It turns out I was not crazy... :wink:

When the Fold 4 arrived, I pulled off the cover of my S20 to pop the SIM card and found this... So my old phone was living on borrowed time... YIKES!!! Anyway going to see if I can get it repair if not to expensive so my son can use it. But I am going to not carry my new baby in shirt pocket where it can fall out as it appears cases can only protect so much...

BTW the Fold 4 is simply amazing... Loving it so far. Biggest challenge is going to be getting a good case for it as the phone design seriously hampers case design and functionality. TRying to avoid paying $100+ for a Spigen which appears to break as easily as some of the cheaper cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back