Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 24, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #50,431 of 62,452
Maybe I should visit the new Apple buds again

I do have my iems, but looking for wireless for convenience
I think you should probably not listen to his post

Jan 24, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #50,432 of 62,452
Curious if any of you all new purchasers have ghost taps like I did. My replacement will be here tomorrow, but so worried it'll happen again.
Yes I occasionally have the ghost tap issue. It would sometimes pause on its own or skip a track back. Sometimes sound will only come out from one side. Putting the buds back into the case and taking them out again usually fixes it. I think it's a software issue which campfire needs to fix.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #50,433 of 62,452
Yes I occasionally have the ghost tap issue. It would sometimes pause on its own or skip a track back. Sometimes sound will only come out from one side. Putting the buds back into the case and taking them out again usually fixes it. I think it's a software issue which campfire needs to fix.
Well, that's sad to hear.

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #50,434 of 62,452
I've seen comment after comment complaining about the noise cancellation of the Nuratrue Pro but I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. This blocks out more than most buds I've used. I feel like the "ANC over everything else" camp are a very vocal minority of users, ironic really.

First of all. How many planes are you catching? I do like 15 a year and have never used anc, engine noise is relaxing, and if you don't like sleeping then turn the music up.

Secondly, I have a newborn that we play, you guessed it, Brown noise to all night, just used the Nuratrue Pro for the first time near the speaker and it blocked the entire thing out. It also passes the baby crying test (as much as a bit can).

Thirdly, as a philosophy, I find it a luxury to be able to block out the noise of the world that we all help create. The world has noise, go scuba diving if you want to get away from it. No one in the iem world complains about anc and they pay 10 x the amount.

Anyway, rant over, have more impressions coming soon but was just shocked how much dirt people were giving the ANC of these.

*not directed at anyone here, there's just a vibe in the air.
quite a few interesting points there ... I am firmly in that ANC above all camp and I guess we all have different reasons ... I only fly like once / twice a year now, so that is not even my main use case .. as you say so nicely 'the world has noise' ... and I do not like noise :) I have ANC buds in even now, with no music on :D To each their own ...

Question, have you ever been scuba diving? It is actually quite noisy with the constant breathing sound ... would be cool to have ANC buds for that and then play bling bling meditation music :D

Jan 25, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #50,435 of 62,452
Question, have you ever been scuba diving? It is actually quite noisy with the constant breathing sound ... would be cool to have ANC buds for that and then play bling bling meditation music :D

ANC under water :sweat_smile: That's commitment. It helps me understand.

I've thought about why I feel this way more and found a justification for myself. I think it puts more emphasis on developing features rather than on more powerful batterys, chips and drivers. If all that energy got put into more powerful production of sound I don't think we'd even be talking about codecs. That's important too, but you can put as much information as you want through a tws, if it doesn't have the power to play it, forget about it. Give me a bone conductor driver in a tws and then I'll be happy.

Jan 25, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #50,438 of 62,452
Yes.

But can a TWS beat a wired IEM that sell for a similar price?

Yes.

In my experience, in general and subject to exceptions, a wired IEM will beat a similarly priced TWS IEM. But there's a whole of of other things to consider. TWS have a lot of features that wired IEMs don't (portability, battery life, ANC, codecs, multipoint, sweat resistance etc.) . I assume your question is limited to sound quality and in most cases, a wired IEM will sound better than a TWS IEM assuming price is equal. The vast majority of TWS on the market are not focused on pure SQ. Stated differently, they aren't even trying to beat a wired IEM. So I think you are probably comparing apples to oranges unless all you care about is pure sound quality. In that case, you have your answer (subject to exceptions).
Ya here’s an example. I took a 3 hour flight recently and although I had my DAP with my music collection and some Noble Kublai Khan wired IEMs, the noise in the plane was unbearable. I switched to my B&O EQ and enjoyed the blissful silence

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #50,442 of 62,452
Got these from Amazon Japan, the comfiest sleeping TWS I've tried to date. They're basically like flattened Galaxy Buds Live, just 9mm thick vs. 15mm on the Samsungs.

Sound quality is nothing special, but decent enough for casual listening. I mainly use them for podcasts and audiobooks.

61KyMMSE5jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #50,443 of 62,452
it is not revealing but PX8/H95 are much better than any earbud TWS I have including Fokus Pro. Actually I'm pretty happy with progress made with TWS last 2-3 years but still it is hard to replace headphones. Within small TWS is hard to find real king, something that would be revolutionary though I appreciate all TWS I have AZ60, MTWS3, NFP depending on situation. Now ZE8000 and Nura True Pro seem to be on top. I would be very curious how Nura True Pro compares to NFP, anyone?

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #50,444 of 62,452
Agree with your comments - have the Nura-pro's for a couple of weeks now, and if the seal is good (I'm using Sedna's) it does sound to me a notch above other twa's (I'm comparing to Sony XM4, AT-TWX9, Senn Momentum 2, CA Orbit, FA ZE-8000, APPro2); like you say a speaker like effect, which works well for my music tastes with a nice full bass / mid-bass and decent mid to high clarity.
What does make a difference (which is why there is an advantage to the Nura's) is BT5.3 which my Asus Zenfone 9 has also - listening to high bit rate flac's is a noticible step up in sound quality / clarity, which unfortunately is just not do-able with Apple phones unless you use Nura's BT5.3 dongle (which I haven't tried). The APP2's main advantage is in the ANC (like the Sony), but after using BT5.3 it's hard to go back to basic BT codec.
For my iPhone I'm tossing up between the Nura dongle or the Khardas Tea (which is BT 5 I think - does LDAC / AptX-HD) - anyone had experience with either of these / recommendations ?
Cheers !
You guys convinced me. I just ordered the Nura + transmitter from https://www.nurasound.com/ with a 10% off coupon code “GMR”

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #50,445 of 62,452
We should actually Sign a Petition with as many people as possible against this Malpractice and Corruption of removing Headphone Jack and forcing users to buy Mediocre yet expensive Bluetooth Earbuds which are useless actually.
I’d have no use for a headphone Jack on my iPhone or iPad. When they did have it they had a cheap internal DAC. I much prefer using a dongle and a balanced 4.4 Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back