Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 26, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #50,461 of 62,470
MTW3 is bassier (bass has more impact), a little darker in general, mids are closer and highs slightly more metallic (in a good sense to me at least), I have impression AZ60 soundstage is fuller and more detailed. ANC similar - not great but sufficient, comfort similar, fit - with MTW you have to find your fit with using various wings, AZ60s fit like gloves.
I had the opposite experience in terms of fit. I couldn't get the left AZ60 to seal well (regardless of what I tried), so bought the MTW3 and found a better fit.

In terms of sound, they are both on the same level imo, with the AZ60 being slightly smoother and the MTW3 having a little more low end and treble. That said, I'd recommend using the app to improve your tuning using the Sound Check feature - worked wonders for me.

Jan 26, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #50,462 of 62,470
The Nura wins this one for with one exception of occasional Bluetooth cutouts which I blame my Oppo for more than anything.

Nura has a much deeper and rumbly bass. The single driver doesn't struggle to seperate anything and the sound stage is the biggest I've got. True out of head feel.

Lower notes are the best produced on the Nura, bass, sub bass and deep low mids or notes played below a C. They just have so much texture. Great for aggressive and dark music.

The Fiio responds better to EQ and can produce hi notes with more strength. The 3 drivers produce more detail overall for you and don't seem to struggle with any tracks.

Both can handle speed and fast attack.

I still pick Nura for it's overall texture and waaaay wide soundstage.
Don't blame your Oppo for that, I have some real bluetooth cutouts with mine as well, especially for some reason when I turn my head to the left... I use a Samsung and it's the same thing there.

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #50,463 of 62,470
Got these from Amazon Japan, the comfiest sleeping TWS I've tried to date. They're basically like flattened Galaxy Buds Live, just 9mm thick vs. 15mm on the Samsungs.

Sound quality is nothing special, but decent enough for casual listening. I mainly use them for podcasts and audiobooks.

61KyMMSE5jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
nice find! Looking around now as well and seeing at least 4 diff offers with different pricepoints .. judging by your pic you got the 'HYEIOL' for 2999Y ... there's also Kandar for 4680 or GOWTHHRT for 2788 ... i might bite as well :D

Ooooooorrr ... I wait a bit and get them from AliExpress :D
IMG_1381.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #50,464 of 62,470
Nura побеждает в этом, за одним исключением случайных отключений Bluetooth, за которые я больше всего виню свой Oppo.

У Нуры гораздо более глубокий и раскатистый бас. Одиночный драйвер ничего не разделяет, а звуковая сцена самая большая из всех, что у меня есть. Правда из головы чувствую.

Нижние ноты лучше всего воспроизводятся на Nura, басы, суббасы и глубокие низкие средние частоты или ноты, воспроизводимые ниже ноты C. Просто у них так много текстуры. Отлично подходит для агрессивной и мрачной музыки.

Fiio лучше реагирует на эквалайзер и может воспроизводить высокие ноты с большей силой. 3 драйвера в целом воспроизводят больше деталей и, кажется, не мешают ни одному из треков.

Оба могут справиться со скоростью и быстрой атакой.

Я по-прежнему выбираю Nura из-за ее общей текстуры и оооочень широкой звуковой сцены.
Understood, thanks for the answer. Try my setup for fiio fw5, the difference will be very significant. You can translate the text in the translator.

I made the stage wider, the sound became much cleaner, there is no feeling that it sounds into the pillow.

Fiio fw5 eq

Instructions: how to import a file into poweramp eq

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #50,468 of 62,470
Ah, such a shame :/

And the music doesn't even get lowered too right?
Correct, just seems opens up the mics to outside sound. Changes in volume/pausing have to be done manually.

Edit: worth noting that it’s just one extra tap to pause either before or after the long press to enable ambient

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #50,469 of 62,470
I had the opposite experience in terms of fit. I couldn't get the left AZ60 to seal well (regardless of what I tried), so bought the MTW3 and found a better fit.

In terms of sound, they are both on the same level imo, with the AZ60 being slightly smoother and the MTW3 having a little more low end and treble. That said, I'd recommend using the app to improve your tuning using the Sound Check feature - worked wonders for me.
Fit is very individual thing, I understand what you mean. In terms of sound I agree with you completely.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #50,471 of 62,470
Looks like Noble is introducing firmware updates to the Mystique. Just got first one.

Edit: changed the voice for switching between ambient and “normal”. Shorter phrases and spoken a bit more quickly.
Nothing on my end. Using an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Booo.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #50,472 of 62,470
Looks like Noble is introducing firmware updates to the Mystique. Just got first one.

Edit: changed the voice for switching between ambient and “normal”. Shorter phrases and spoken a bit more quickly.
Can someone help me understand why I'm failing to get the Noble FoKus Mystique to update? I see the update in the "Noble Update" iOS app, but then I get an error when I attempt to start the update.

1674754251506.png
1674754267942.png

I didn't see anywhere to do it in the "Noble FoKus" app.

TIA!

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #50,473 of 62,470
Yes I occasionally have the ghost tap issue. It would sometimes pause on its own or skip a track back. Sometimes sound will only come out from one side. Putting the buds back into the case and taking them out again usually fixes it. I think it's a software issue which campfire needs to fix.
Well, that's sad to hear.
So I received my replacement and now, one sides taps work perfect, the other you literally have to push the bud through to the other side of your head to get them to register. Bumming me out. Love them, but strike two!

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #50,474 of 62,470
Can someone help me understand why I'm failing to get the Noble FoKus Mystique to update? I see the update in the "Noble Update" iOS app, but then I get an error when I attempt to start the update.

1674754251506.png1674754267942.png

I didn't see anywhere to do it in the "Noble FoKus" app.

TIA!
Wish I had to update in iOS to help. Blah. Guessing you did the old, reboot, reconnect etc. or delete app, reinstall app process and then hit that start button?

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #50,475 of 62,470
Agreed 💯 on the Orbits. I occasionally have to connect them manually (usually after I use connection hogs like the xm4s) and the app seems to only want to work on Wi-Fi rather than cellular. But the soundstage and instrument separation make the inconvenience irrelevant. These are of a quality unmatched except by the Fokus Pro
I'm having the same issue of the app only working on Wifi as well. Between that and my new tap issue, very frustrating for my round two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back