Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #50,446 of 62,472
The Nuratrue Pro blow away the XM4 imo. Sound is spot on. ANC on the XM4 is stellar. Mystique will be similar to the Fokus Pro in sound, but with a few extras like Transparency. A lot of us on here will have both. If you want features, get the NTP. If you want Sound, wait for the Mystique. That said, I've had both the NTP and the Fokus Pro. Sold the NFP and still have the NTP. I'll def get the Mystique because of the driver config. I'll also keep my NTP. If you're used to the XM4, you may prefer something with similar features that the NTP provides. The Mystique won't have much outside of great sound. If you can, score the NTP off Amazon so you have that great return policy. You'd have to hear for your self. The soundstage and sub-bass in the Nuratrue Pro blows me away ever time I put them in. I love them.
I hope the Nuratrue compare in sound quality to my FoKus pro. I thought of buying Mystique but I really needed something with ANC. I gave my old Bose to my wife and I’m having battery issues with the Gemini and Klipsch Mcclaren

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #50,447 of 62,472
I hope the Nuratrue compare in sound quality to my FoKus pro. I thought of buying Mystique but I really needed something with ANC. I gave my old Bose to my wife and I’m having battery issues with the Gemini and Klipsch Mcclaren
The passive isolation on the Mystique is great. Now that they have transparency, I find my self reaching for them over the Nura unless I need to take a call easily. NTP are better for that since they connect fast and you can multi-pair. Or, they can easily go into pairing mode by holding both sensor areas at once. Super easy. Sounds like you'll get both eventually!

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #50,448 of 62,472
Got the Nuratrue Pro yesterday, only listened to a few albums so far but the good news is that the Kublai Khan hasn't ruined tws for me. I was worried I wouldn't be able to enjoy wireless again.

The better news is that the Nuratrue Pro is everything I've been looking for in a tws. That bass is and sub bass is next level and doesn't reduce soundstage or mids and highs. Finally have a new running tws that is significantly better (rather than incrementally better) than other pairs I've owned.
That’s great to hear! I bought the Kublai Khans myself because I was so impressed with the FoKus Pro. I really love them and they’re great for watching movies using Gryphon.

Just ordered the NTP :)

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #50,449 of 62,472
Is MusicTeck a reputable seller? I was looking at the Fokus Mystiques and most of the other ones that I know of won't ship to Sweden unfortunately, but it does seem like they do.
They’re the best. They took care of fixing a pair of Indigos that I bought from a head fi guy. Rapid communication and paid for all the shipping costs

Jan 25, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #50,450 of 62,472
ANC under water :sweat_smile: That's commitment. It helps me understand.

I've thought about why I feel this way more and found a justification for myself. I think it puts more emphasis on developing features rather than on more powerful batterys, chips and drivers. If all that energy got put into more powerful production of sound I don't think we'd even be talking about codecs. That's important too, but you can put as much information as you want through a tws, if it doesn't have the power to play it, forget about it. Give me a bone conductor driver in a tws and then I'll be happy.
They exists... they are the Bose SoundSports Frees.. Open back, Excellent sound and no ANC. Much larger than average TWS's buy today's standards, but I've never cared about the goofy look... It's the sound!!!
By its very nature, ANC will affect the sound..

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #50,451 of 62,472
The Vivo TWS 3 Pro with Aptx Lossless are actually pretty good. Not as good as the Nuratrue Pro but I can hear the instruments better separated, maybe due to a wider frequency
Saw these on Ali Express. For now I don't own a phone that could take advantage of aptx lossless. Also wish it had dual drivers. How is the sound signature and ANC?

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #50,452 of 62,472
it is not revealing but PX8/H95 are much better than any earbud TWS I have including Fokus Pro. Actually I'm pretty happy with progress made with TWS last 2-3 years but still it is hard to replace headphones. Within small TWS is hard to find real king, something that would be revolutionary though I appreciate all TWS I have AZ60, MTWS3, NFP depending on situation. Now ZE8000 and Nura True Pro seem to be on top. I would be very curious how Nura True Pro compares to NFP, anyone?
Would love to hear your opinion on MTW3 vs AZ60 in terms of sound and ANC and fit/comfort.

Jan 25, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #50,453 of 62,472
Would love to hear your opinion on MTW3 vs AZ60 in terms of sound and ANC and fit/comfort.
MTW3 is bassier (bass has more impact), a little darker in general, mids are closer and highs slightly more metallic (in a good sense to me at least), I have impression AZ60 soundstage is fuller and more detailed. ANC similar - not great but sufficient, comfort similar, fit - with MTW you have to find your fit with using various wings, AZ60s fit like gloves.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #50,454 of 62,472
Well now, this was a good decision. Sold off my Shure SE846 and upgraded. What a difference! Stunning.

Attachments

• 1508A2D8-3EBA-4BEB-B693-3419466FA982.jpeg
    1508A2D8-3EBA-4BEB-B693-3419466FA982.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Jan 25, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #50,455 of 62,472
Can anyone who has used the senn momentum 2's compare sound quality vs the NA mystique and the nuratrue pros please? Currently the senns are my go to for listening on TWS, but curious to see what else is out there!

Jan 25, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #50,456 of 62,472
I am underwhelmed by the new TE-Z1PNK. They sound better due to the tuning than the TE-BD21J-LTD-PNK. My underwhelment comes to the volume. The TE-Z1PNK's volume is lower maybe due to LDAC? I don't know the reason but the TE-BD21J-LTD-PNK are way louder and I love that.

I have auditioned the Aviot TE-Z1PNK when I was in Japan a few weeks ago (together with the ATH-TWX9) and finally I seem to find a new set (or 2 new sets actually, I like the TWX9 alot as well) with enough SQ to match or even potentially dethrone my Victor FW1000t. Sadly the PNK was out of stock everywhere in Japan when I was there, second hand sets were sold at the MSRP on auction sites................Finally I have to order a few days ago when it came back into stock but at a (sort of) premium due to currency differences.

About volume............I don't use LDAC (I'm an iphone person) and the volume on these things CAN be deafeningly loud, enough to be a health hazard..........so there is no issue of volume at all. I do read on review sites that there were early issues with its compatibility with the app though, but any such issues should have been resolved through the latest firmware update. That said I don't really use apps with any of my TWS anyway.

For those who have no idea what this set is about, it is a Planar+DD coaxial dual driver arrangement which actually works, and works GREAT. I had previous renditions of the PNK collaboration which are BA+DD hybrids which are not bad but not spectacular either, and they have stubbornly left out ANC through the generations due to (so they claimed) SQ considerations until this latest generation, where the artist himself claimed to be satisfied with the ANC that comes with the latest generation of chip.

And PNK stands for Pierre Nakano, a well-known drummer of a Japanese rock band, who did a few collaboration models with Aviot. It sounds gimmicky but at least the end result is truly outstanding, with or without the name attached.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 2:34 AM Post #50,457 of 62,472
I'm absolutely debating clicking home the Fokus Mystiques now.

Anyone who've heard them who can compare the sound to Nuratrue Pro's (which I have) and the Campfire Audio Orbits (that I might get if I don't get the Mystiques)?
Because I know the Fokus Mystiques will be an expensive affair to me... our currency is currently performing very poorly in comparison to the USD (and most others lol) and ordering from the US will probably net me a 25% of the cost extra on the customs/import fees.

I can also safely say that sometimes I don't always agree with the hype trains here so that's why i'm extra careful about buying them for that price... the Nuratrue Pro's for me are hit and miss. They don't sound 100% like I want them, they're a bit too "dry" for my taste, and they have really bad cutouts for me A LOT.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #50,458 of 62,472
Looks like Noble is introducing firmware updates to the Mystique. Just got first one.

Edit: changed the voice for switching between ambient and “normal”. Shorter phrases and spoken a bit more quickly.

Attachments

• DF4D7EB7-A7BC-473F-B0C5-B89C4236D64F.png
    DF4D7EB7-A7BC-473F-B0C5-B89C4236D64F.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #50,460 of 62,472
How do you rate fiio fw5 vs Nuratrue Pro? What are the differences in sound?

The Nura wins this one for with one exception of occasional Bluetooth cutouts which I blame my Oppo for more than anything.

Nura has a much deeper and rumbly bass. The single driver doesn't struggle to seperate anything and the sound stage is the biggest I've got. True out of head feel.

Lower notes are the best produced on the Nura, bass, sub bass and deep low mids or notes played below a C. They just have so much texture. Great for aggressive and dark music.

The Fiio responds better to EQ and can produce hi notes with more strength. The 3 drivers produce more detail overall for you and don't seem to struggle with any tracks.

Both can handle speed and fast attack.

I still pick Nura for it's overall texture and waaaay wide soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back