Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #49,246 of 62,746
Not necessarily. I still use some old but excellent custom IEMs made by @FullCircle which even predate his Noble Audio days. They still sound amazing! The fundamentals don't change nearly as fast as Bluetooth standards, and there's no battery to wear down either.

1670464657135.png
Thought the branding on it said "Errect" at first. That would be a hard brand name to work with.

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #49,247 of 62,746
You and me both sir. Those were the days... our kids were still little, I was just dabbling with reviews for fun, and you were just tinkering with CIEM designs for your own knowledge. Things have really come a long way since then!

But also:

1670482147372.png

To this day perhaps my all time favorite design.

I have to say
That checkered board design was a moment of genius. (Wife approved ofcourse)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 8, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #49,248 of 62,746
Any one here still/previously used the Lypertek pureplay Z7? What are your sound quality and comfort impressions?
Picked them up recently at £65, at that price I'd say the sound compares well to wired iems I've had before in that range. Haven't tried other TWS to compare. Not a huge fan of the tuning but the eq in the app works well. Will be keeping and using them, mostly because the long battery life matters for my current commuting habits.

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #49,250 of 62,746
Soooo... love my PX8 and then somehow ended up with the Focal Bathys too. Ugh. Dude, they are killer as well. Different sound signature. Both stellar entries. I blame in on the Holidays.
I would love to try them, but unfortunately they are too flashy to hide from the chief. I would make myself susceptible to undesired questions :D

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #49,251 of 62,746
I am very curious to see how the Campfire Audio TWS measure up too, but it seems like since it just got announced, it might take some time before we will start hearing impressions about them.

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #49,252 of 62,746
I would love to try them, but unfortunately they are too flashy to hide from the chief. I would make myself susceptible to undesired questions :D
I'm sure you'll figure out something. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #49,254 of 62,746
Got an email from hifiheadphones here in UK, advertising the new Campfire Audio TWS. First I've heard of them - anyone seen any reviews, or heard them themselves?
Got a some emails this morning too from Audio 46 and Bloom Audio in the US. Both are sellers so, in my opinion, I wouldnt consider anything they put out an impartial review but Bloom did a comparison between the Orbit, FokusPro and MTW3, which I thought was nice.

https://bloomaudio.com/blogs/articles/campfire-audio-spirit-tws-iem-orbit-review?&utm_campaign=campaign:+Orbit+(6391f628335cdb001c96dbf6)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend&omnisendContactID=5f7ccfa219719708910dcf90

I didnt look too hard but from what I can tell from a Google search, doesnt seem to have ANC or ambient/passthrough. I am also guessing no multipoint. Forbes said "These are earbuds that don’t need active noise cancelation" so I took that to mean no ANC. Definitely not for me, especially at a $250 price point, since I primarily use TWS for calls and convenience while out and about or commuting and rely on the different features. I remember the early days of TWS when I had (still have) some with awful call quality or no transparency and I would try to remove earbuds, put back in case, and try to pick up a call or talk to someone with a cup of coffee or an umbrella (or both) in hand while commuting/walking. I have gotten spoiled by the MTW3, Linkbuds and GB2P, which I think are great well-rounded TWS. Would be nice if the Orbit had more features (maybe I am mistaken so someone please correct me if I am wrong). Obviously my use case can be very different than others but my guess is that this was probably not developed with someone like me in mind. They are aptX adaptive though and seem to have a nice EQ.

Campfire Audio seems to have heard those who were asking for a TWS that focuses on ound without the extras. Looking forward to impressions though since I know there are probably more than a few here who will pick these up.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #49,255 of 62,746
Got a some emails this morning too from Audio 46 and Bloom Audio in the US. Both are sellers so, in my opinion, I wouldnt consider anything they put out an impartial review but Bloom did a comparison between the Orbit, FokusPro and MTW3, which I thought was nice.

https://bloomaudio.com/blogs/articles/campfire-audio-spirit-tws-iem-orbit-review?&utm_campaign=campaign:+Orbit+(6391f628335cdb001c96dbf6)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend&omnisendContactID=5f7ccfa219719708910dcf90

I didnt look too hard but from what I can tell from a Google search, doesnt seem to have ANC or ambient/passthrough. I am also guessing no multipoint. Forbes said "These are earbuds that don’t need active noise cancelation" so I took that to mean no ANC. Definitely not for me, especially at a $250 price point, since I primarily use TWS for calls and convenience while out and about or commuting and rely on the different features. I remember the early days of TWS when I had (still have) some with awful call quality and I would try to remove earbuds, put back in case, and try to pick up a call with a cup of coffee or an umbrella (or both) in hand while commuting/walking. Obviously my use case can be very different than others but my guess is that this was probably not developed with someone like me in mind. They are aptX adaptive though.

Campfire Audio seems to have heard those who were asking for a TWS that focuses on ound without the extras. Looking forward to impressions though since I know there are probably more than a few here who will pick these up.
I did order them yesterday from CA. No tax when they ship to me directly. Read some great reviews. My Fokus Pro have nothing other than stellar sound, so we'll see how this compete. Little worried about one driver compared to the 3 in the Fokus. We shall see...

Dec 8, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #49,256 of 62,746
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #49,258 of 62,746
I wonder if there’s any sense in buying these CA orbits and they’re supposed surprisingly good soundstage when I’m very happy with my AirPods Pro and their manufactured spatial audio. Someone convince me not to waste my money! You have approx 3 hours till I click order.
We buy, because we're addicts. If you don't, then you're much healthier than I am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back