Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #49,216 of 63,208
Switched to the Fostex TM2C true wireless adapters with the 2 pin cable. They sound incredible, fit and feel great. Super light. No tight wrap around like the Shure adapters. I think the Moondrop S8 sound better with the Fostex over the Shure. I'll have to keep listening...
Just got these. The stock monitors don't sound good at all, even with EQ. But, I'm hoping to test my Raptgo Hook x with them this weekend when the 2-pin connector comes in! They are comfy though and a really cool concept.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #49,220 of 63,208
Just got these. The stock monitors don't sound good at all, even with EQ. But, I'm hoping to test my Raptgo Hook x with them this weekend when the 2-pin connector comes in! They are comfy though and a really cool concept.
Very cool. They aren't bad, especially if you can score a decent price. I did move on and stuck with the Shure TW2 2nd Gen adapters with some Shure SE846s. Also using the Thieaudio Oracle with the FiiO UTWS5. Both great. I didn't like the Foxtex stock IEMs, so I'm right there with you.

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #49,222 of 63,208
I was very interested until...

"Noise cancellation and transparency are conspicuous by their absence,"

I can live without ANC if the passive isolation is decent, but a transparency mode is 100% must for me when it comes to TWS, it's simply too annoying to take them out all the time whenever you need to make a quick conversation, especially since you cant let them hang by your ear since there are no wires.

A lack of ANC is no excuse to not include a transparency mode, even tho it won't likely sound as good, but if it serves the purpose I don't mind that much.

From a design perspective they're prob the coolest looking TWS out there, just wish there was other color options!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #49,223 of 63,208
How are people who bought the Tune130NC liking them?

I think I might be hearing some hiss with the ANC enabled. I hear it with songs that have a really low volume or decay of a note in music. Mainly some classical music that quiet and subtle. In noisier situations I can't hear it as much. So, WHEN I need ANC it's not as noticable.

I used them while shopping yesterday and they worked pretty well with no complaints from my wife while chatting going into the store and wandering around Walmart. I find the tonality on my end to be a bit higher pitched which for me is a bit of a challenge as I don't hear that range as clearly as I used to. But other than that they sound OK for calls. Will update when I try them on a truly windy day.

Dec 7, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #49,226 of 63,208
Hmmm, no LDAC. Kinda disappointed with CFA here.
Any examples of LDAC working without hiccups yet though? most reviews I'm reading includes people turning LDAC off for better connectivity

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #49,227 of 63,208
I was very interested until...

"Noise cancellation and transparency are conspicuous by their absence,"

I can live without ANC if the passive isolation is decent, but a transparency mode is 100% must for me when it comes to TWS, it's simply too annoying to take them out all the time whenever you need to make a quick conversation, especially since you cant let them hang by your ear since there are no wires.

A lack of ANC is no excuse to not include a transparency mode, even tho it won't likely sound as good, but if it serves the purpose I don't mind that much.

From a design perspective they're prob the coolest looking TWS out there, just wish there was other color options!
Have you tried taking an earbud out of your ear? I find it makes things very transparent 😂 I kid, I kid.

Dec 7, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #49,228 of 63,208
Dec 7, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #49,229 of 63,208
How about Comet and Satsuma? Those are/were cheaper, not sure if they are still around these days though.

I don't know if the market is really there yet for "high end" TWS models... At least not how we might define high end around here. To the rest of the world this model is very indulgent already.

Plus the standards are evolving so fast, not sure it makes sense to buy a $500-$1k TWS that will feel obsolete in a year or two.

Dec 7, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #49,230 of 63,208
How about Comet and Satsuma? Those are/were cheaper, not sure if they are still around these days though.

I don't know if the market is really there yet for "high end" TWS models... At least not how we might define high end around here. To the rest of the world this model is very indulgent already.

Plus the standards are evolving so fast, not sure it makes sense to buy a $500-$1k TWS that will feel obsolete in a year or two.
Doesn't it seem like everything gets obsolete in a year or two? :ksc75smile: That's why I bought a Fiio BTR7 and just use that. Admittedly it isn't as convenient as TWS but I don't worry about the sound quality...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back