Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 6, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #49,201 of 63,207
My start in the audio world was home & car audio(more years ago than I care to remember), but honestly, after reviewing for more than a decade and being in this portable hobby for, I don't remember for sure, I think at least 15 years, I want to say I had always snubbed the wireless world. I was always a proponent of "too much interference in wireless" don't bother. The first Senn Momentum TWS started to change my thought process. I had wireless full sized as well, but used them wired much of the time, again a Senn. I want to say, I have relegated myself to buying TOTL TWS, and the gap is most definitely narrowing, wired to wireless. That said, technology on both sides, wireless and wired, has really advanced.

I have 3 TOTL TWS, B&O EX, ATH-TWX9 and XM4. These three have it going on, IMO. I am sure there are others, and Lord knows I have tried quite a few TWS, but have currently stuck with these three.

In case anyone has interest to see the progression in headphones and IEM's here is my list that I can remember https://www.head-fi.org/account/account-details

Point is, as I am in my twilight of my reviewing and have seen, and embraced, what technology has had to offer. There are times you think, how can this get any better, but through R&D it happens. I do think TWS, is really just coming into it's own and the best is yet to come.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #49,202 of 63,207
Could someone tell me which Azla eartips fit and stay on the GB2P? Does the Azla Max fit and stay on?

Or which others are good to try?
I asked this question a week or two ago when I got mine. See the post by @takeshi74 on Nov. 22. I am using large stock tips for now and it has been working great. Usually like Azla tips but didn't see the need to spend the extra money on tips this time around (I have the TWS, non-Max version on my Galaxy Buds2).
I have the whole Azla range apart from the new Max as do not like the partly blocked outlets as that will change the sosound.
I noticed the stock Galaxy Buds2 Pro tips have a layer of mesh built in to the tips so this may not apply to the GB2 Pro. Not sure if it is acoustically transparent or also acts as a filter to shape the sound but, if it is the latter, I would even argue using tips without mesh in it would be changing the sound. However, in my opinion, changing the sound is not always a bad thing if that is what you are going for or it sounds more enjoyable or feels more comfortable to you. After all, isnt this why many of us (myself included) use EQ? Not sure if the mesh is supposed to block earwax but, if so, using completely open tips could potentially cause earwax to build up in the nozzle. My MTW3s were like this as well so I stuck with stock tips for both

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #49,203 of 63,207
They are tuned for whatever they have made/supplied them with so a nozzle with mesh and tips without mesh, so adding another layer will change the sound, if that makes it better or worse or does nothing is hard to say unless you try it on each model.

A nozzle with mesh full of earwax cannot fully be fully cleaned (try cleaning a cheese grater without going behind/inside face) you are simply pushing some of it through the other side, so I prefer open nozzles and a little tool like Creative used to give on their high end to clean then periodically.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #49,204 of 63,207
It wasn't that long ago that true wireless mirroring didn't exist.... remember the days of connecting to YH623_L or BH-024_R and praying the slave would connect to the master? That was Bluetooth 5.0 and QCC3020.

Now we have QCY T18 for $40 offering seamless multipoint.

Lazy generalisation to say there's been no changes or developments.

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #49,205 of 63,207
AFAIR there was a few sets of buds did not use the Master/Slave method before we had the latest TWM, one way was done on the earbuds themselves the other relied on your phone having the supporting chipset (mine did not) or they would fall back to Master/Slave.

Dec 6, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #49,206 of 63,207
The original SednaEarfit XELASTEC sticky ones stay on for some reason, some of my earbuds I owned/tested had small nozzles and as I swap tips between them, they may be slightly slacker than when new.

I have the whole Azla range apart from the new Max as do not like the partly blocked outlets as that will change the sound.

Does Azla make eartips compatible with GB2P that is not the XELASTEC model?

With the Max, are you talking about ports for dynamic drivers? Or where the outlet is obstructed where all the sound comes out to the ear?

I wish Spinfit would sell pairs of the SAME size. :frowning2:

Edit for clarity.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #49,207 of 63,207
Screenshot_20221207-024705.png
Screenshot_20221207-024725.png

Is Panasonic going with a name similar to Sony?

https://fccid.io/ACJ-EAH-AZ60M2

EAH-AZ60M2

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #49,208 of 63,207

With the Max, are you talking about ports for dynamic drivers? Or where the outlet is obstructed where all the sound comes out to the ear?

I wish Spinfit would sell pairs of the SAME size. :frowning2:

Edit for clarity.
I cannot tell you that as so not own those buds, you would need to take the chance and buy some.

If you looked up the Max you would see the hole is partially blocked by a honeycomb grill (for want of a better words) no doubt to help catch ear wax.

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #49,209 of 63,207
Dec 6, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #49,212 of 63,207
Dec 6, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #49,213 of 63,207
The AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard fit my Galaxy Buds 2 Pro. AZLA now has a SednaEarfit MAX for Galaxy Buds 2 Pro on their site.

I would guess that the SednaEarfit Crystal Standard would also work but I've found I prefer the MAX.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #49,215 of 63,207
Any one here still/previously used the Lypertek pureplay Z7? What are your sound quality and comfort impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back