Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 30, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #49,096 of 62,801
So the question is, are we at the point yet where it's feasible to go for fully-wireless IEM buds. There seem to be a lot of devices out there which very nearly cut the mustard, but all so far seem to have caveats. But there's also some interesting kit being released in the next few weeks, and I'm wondering whether anyone has experienced them and can help encourage me to take the plunge. :wink:
In my opinion now we are at that point, when Airpods pro 2 has been out for a while.
Used them about 2 weeks now and i'm still amazed what Apple has done with these.

Nov 30, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #49,098 of 62,801
Still not as good as wired esp. Apple and AAC @ 250k, it is more good enough and convenience, they says it is about 80% of wired and aptX Lossless claims to make it 100% the same.
I think i can't hear difference between lossless and AAC. As in Apple environment. In blindtest.

Nov 30, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #49,099 of 62,801
Still not as good as wired esp. Apple and AAC @ 250k, it is more good enough and convenience, they says it is about 80% of wired and aptX Lossless claims to make it 100% the same.
Oh ofc, wired is still well ahead. When I pop my 7hz timeless in I notice a huge difference from the app2 pro.

But for what they are im loving them

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #49,100 of 62,801
Is anyone using aftermarket tips with the ATH-TWX9? I am having trouble getting a good seal. I was able to get a good enough seal to enjoy the music, but noise canceling is sub-par unless I press them in manually. Not even as good as the Galaxy bud 2.

I am tempted to try and return and go with the GB2Pro - as they just dropped the price again. But the Buds 2 are already slightly too large so they may not work for me.
I am a little surprised that none of the included tips work. I have large earholes and use the large deep tips and get a seal, where as the other didn't seal as well. They were usable but not ideal.

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #49,101 of 62,801
I am a little surprised that none of the included tips work. I have large earholes and use the large deep tips and get a seal, where as the other didn't seal as well. They were usable but not ideal.
They do sound great so I think the noise canceling does not work for me. My office has loud air conditioning noise right above me and all my cheaper buds pretty much cancel that out. I have tried all the options and don't notice any difference

Nov 30, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #49,102 of 62,801
I think i can't hear difference between lossless and AAC. As in Apple environment. In blindtest.
I have really good hearing (more a curse than anything else) and ripping a CD to Flac and playing via Wired head/earphone sounds far better than over Bluetooth which for now cannot be lossless (unless using brand new aptX Lossless) even if Hi-Res files.

Nov 30, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #49,103 of 62,801
I am using the large silicone tips. A bit difficult to seat right. Great sounding with AptX Adaptive codec on a Snapdragon Sound certified Moto cellphone streaming Tidal Master tracks.
Try some aftermarket tips. I'm using Azla tips and/or Spinfits.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #49,104 of 62,801
Try some aftermarket tips. I'm using Azla tips and/o

I am having better results with the Beyerdynamics Xelento silicone tips that I am trying. They come with much larger oval shaped tips that appear to match the oval Nuratrue Pro shape. j

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #49,105 of 62,801
I'm enjoying the Linkbuds S overall but find it hard to justify even the 170$ CAD sale price. The default sound is dark/warm reminds me of the SoundPeats T2 and TaoTronics which cost half the price. Bass is not muddy but could be tighter and there is a bit of a tinny mid-to-treble peak, soundstage has good layering but feels a tad narrow/intimate. Controls are incomplete lacking proper customizability. I feel like I'm mainly paying for ANC which is better than anything I've tried before but not by a whole lot, and I still don't know how it stacks up to the 1000XM4. The ANC is overall superior to the Liberty 3 Pro which struggles with "diffused" sounds like fan noise. I no longer have it for comparison but I recall the Galaxy Buds 2 has a similarly strong ANC which doesn't diffuse/amplify such sounds either.

It's only been 4 days and I've already charged the case 3 times, though I haven't topped it all up because I'm usually using the earbuds while charging the case. Now after charging the buds and case overnight, the case seems to retain more capacity. On my commute today LDAC connectivity was pretty disappointing as I kept experiencing dropouts. Turning it off seemed to greatly reduce it but I found it odd LDAC connectivity seemed better a few days prior.

Going back to the Liberty 3 Pro I feel like it sounds sibilant at first but I then think I'm missing a of raw details on the Linkbuds S. As for ANC I think the opposite and can't believe how "bad" it is compared to the Linkbuds S.

Hey there! Does anybody have any experience connecting their earbuds to a Garmin watch? I used to run all the time with my FIIL T1X with no issues until they broke recently (RIP, they were great). I just bought a pair of Space A40 to replace them and they work great with my phone and laptop, but whenever I try to use them with my watch, the playback issues are unbearable. I've tried changing from noise canceling to normal, from LDAC to AAC... nothing works. Any ideas before I try to return them? Because I otherwise love these.
Possibly a different issue but my friend has an ASUS ROG Phone and recently picked up the Space A40 and unfortunately was noticing some serious dropouts. He was able to get an exchange which still had the same issue but worked fine with a laptop.

Dec 1, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #49,106 of 62,801
Aviot with a new flagship...
1669898080732.png
1669898092455.png

Yet another that was aptX, adaptive, and even snapdragon sound models but now they drop Qualcomm and only have SBC/AAC/LDAC. Do we know what the reason is exactly. Just the $$$ they charge?, chip supply issues and makers don't want to wait? An LDAC boom here though it seems as much a non-Qualcomm thing.

Hybrid ANC, 10mm dynamic + planar, and a more familiar in-er monitor shape. 39,600Y or $290 as of today. Due on 12/23
https://aviot-jp.translate.goog/press/te-z1pnk/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

Dec 1, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #49,107 of 62,801
Not sure as the LDAC licence used to have the highest price tag, like most it is a larger lump sum then a small amount per device.

Assume (as not stated) that the 7 hour is AAC @50% Vol so not great if you use LDAC and no doubt a higher volume may be needed outside (esp as the look partly open/vented) depending how loud these are overall.

Even SoundPeats are using LDAC now so it may have come down in price due to aptX adaptive and just be the latest "in fashion" thing.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #49,108 of 62,801
Not sure as the LDAC licence used to have the highest price tag, like most it is a larger lump sum then a small amount per device.

Assume (as not stated) that the 7 hour is AAC @50% Vol so not great if you use LDAC and no doubt a higher volume may be needed outside (esp as lock parly open/vented) depending how loud these are overall.
That would be the rub. I would assume they power them right and the cost is battery life. Certainly a model like this would not be a blind buy. You have to hear they gave enough headroom for real world use. Aviot also releasing another dual driver with dynamic and armature which has 18 hours per charge and 60 hours total so the drop to 7 and 18 without both proper amplification and volume headroom would be a real f-up.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #49,110 of 62,801

Users who are viewing this thread

Back