Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 29, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #49,067 of 62,573
My wife bought me that similar type sleeping band/eye cover and i really like it that i use it often, especially for taking power naps.
The sound is actually quite okay, but my unit have a channel imbalance that bothered me to the point of not using it.
I ended up taking the speakers off, and just use the sleeping band wifh the Soundpeats Air 3
During the summer I used amazon.de 's easy return feature to test out several different ones .. it is not easy to pin point by description which version of the Musicozy one ends up getting (there was one guy in the reviews who did a deep dive on that topic) ... my first one had slimmer speaker modules, but those were unpadded and slightly uncomfortable (returned), the next were thicker, but padded, and those are my keepers, these 2 are not meant to cover the eyes, if I do so, the speaker parts go too low .. so, when I saw a specific eyemask version in the warehouse deal section, I got that one as well :) And lastly I tried a super cheap version from AliExpress for 3.59$ which is ok, bit more brassy in sound, the headband is actually a nice neoprene kinda feel stuff, but there is NO way to remove the electronics to wash the headband .. so I use that one sparingly

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #49,068 of 62,573
Jaybird Vista 2 and Jabra 7 Pro came in last week, as part of my search for the best running TWS.

The Jabra are a bust, don't stay in my ears, sound is bland and ANC weak. Didn't even try running with the them given the poor fit. Almost as bad as the XM3.

The Jaybird don't have these problems apart from the ANC that's even worse, i.e. useless!
Thanks to the winged tip design they fit very securely and the runner's thud is quite moderate, best I've heard from isolating TWS with the Bomaker SiFi 2. It's there (unlike what some YT comments claim) but acceptable. The (super weak) ANC can't be used while running as it amplifies wind noise but you can go passive. There's a wind noise reduction option for the Aware mode but it's not very effective and generates crackling noises. Got them on a discount but at 150€ they're still not very good value for money given their useless ANC.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #49,069 of 62,573
I tried soooo many TWS for sleeping and while the 1more Comfobuds Z were ok for side sleeping, the battery lasted only 2.5h in the beginning and became less and less rather quickly

Then I realized that for sleeping, I am not too fuzzy about sound quality, since I listen mainly to binaural / meditation / sleep music ... and for that check amazon.fr for musicozy sleep headbands ... I got my first for as low as 10€ ... and I wear it every night now! Battery lasts over 12h, I don't feel anything when laying on the side ... just a thought, I wish I had tried those earlier, would have saved me some TWS money

Till now I didn't want to use a hot headband for sleeping.. and I was afraid that the drivers would be still thick and uncomfortable to sleep on the side on them...
As they are really cheap, I think I will probably give a try..
Actually, I use some IEM for many years now for sleeping and some are really comfortable enough for sleeping with a convincing sound quality ( which I would like to keep for the first hour when I usually read some books in my bed) ...

Based on my experience, I would classify my sleeping IEMs like this as my preferred order as sleeping IEM :

1) Soundmagic E11C (40€) + iFi Go blu, this amazing IEM are so cheap, with the proper tips SQ is very very good and they disappears almost completely in the ears .. We don't feel them at all when sleeping on the side.. they provide more than 11 hours playing time on one charge in LDAC mode (I could never drain completely the battery till now)..

2) Beyerdynamic Xelento (1000€) + FIIO BTR7, only max 7 hours playing time, they are very comfortable for sleeping on the side, they are much more expansive, but with a very nice sound quality. Unfortunately the Xelento is incompatible at low level volume with the iFi Go Blu in "balanced mode" with a permanent little background hiss (no issue in unbalanced mode).

3) Sennheiser IE600/IE900 (600/1600€) + iFi Go blu more than 12 hours playing time, perfect sound quality, very comfortable too for sleeping on the side.. but the MMCX connector is definitely a real bull/garbage connector and I broke almost all my IEMs with MMCX (even IER 1ZR, Vision Ears EXT)=> I will never buy again IEM a mmcx connectors, though only the Xelento could survive till now)...

4) Jabra Elite 7 Pro (130€) rather comfortable to sleep on the side though it depends on the position in the ears which can hurt a bit sometimes in the middle of the night and need to reposition the driver in the ear, a very good/impressive sound quality with more than 10 hours playing time (I would say 11h or more available, as I never drained fully the battery till now, I always had at least 30% left).

5) nearly on par with Elite 7 ..... the Samsung Galaxy Buds2 pro & Galaxy Buds pro (a little bit bigger) ... 150/200€ they are rather comfortable to sleep though it depends on the position in the ears which can hurt a bit sometimes in the middle of the night and need to reposition a driver in the ear, of course a very good sound quality for Samsung smartphone users.. less than 8 hours playing time AAC codec + without ANC (which can be too short for the end of the evening plus a full night)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #49,070 of 62,573
Tried the Elite 7 pro once before and liked them overall before I returned them. Reason- channel imbalance where one earbud was draining much faster and dying much quicker compared to the other. Any issues with yours?

No issue at all with mine.. though I really enjoyed them the best with the Xelento large Tips (very comfortable to sleep aside like this).. The left driver is draining a bit faster then the the right one, but I can use both of them more than 10 hours and probably 11 to 12 at my volume level (but I never needed such long time till now). No imbalance and an impressive sound as AAC codec only and no LDAC.

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #49,071 of 62,573
Would be very interested in your settings that are found to be good to use.
I don't think there's much to share because my Nura profile would be different than yours. I turn my immersion all the way up, then I EQ'd down the bass and tweaked a few other EQ sections. Tap settings are really up to you. I'm really liking the buds. Soundstage is really wide. Love it.

Attachments

• 2CAED871-48DF-43C9-A4BF-B3E6AA66DE01.jpeg
    2CAED871-48DF-43C9-A4BF-B3E6AA66DE01.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 9873954A-72D1-4334-8291-C976F2ED4FB4.jpeg
    9873954A-72D1-4334-8291-C976F2ED4FB4.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 0
  • F94D31A3-A407-443C-BD40-CDE0EAE2ED8E.jpeg
    F94D31A3-A407-443C-BD40-CDE0EAE2ED8E.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 0
Nov 29, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #49,072 of 62,573
Do y'all consider (in general) that a wider sound stage = better sounding tws?

What exceptions would there be to this?

Who would have the widest soundstage?

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #49,073 of 62,573
I have just setup my Wireless IEMS. I am using a Shure Wireless 2 with an IKKO 10H. I am using a 2PIN to MMCX conector (but i will change for a straight one, not a curvy one)
For my EDM experience, the sound looks excellent and i can even reenforce the subbass of the IKKO 10H, who is already a bassy bird with the TWS2 equalizer.
The whole set up is quite comfortable (although I have to try the straight adapter). The sub bass is really excellent and the I have used as well the EQ to balance the sound on the mids and on treble on the IKKO.
Now, I was just wondering if a 2 pin conector wireless adaptor wouldn't be better than the 2TWS. Any suggestion apart from the FIIO 5 adapter ?

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #49,074 of 62,573
I have just setup my Wireless IEMS. I am using a Shure Wireless 2 with an IKKO 10H. I am using a 2PIN to MMCX conector (but i will change for a straight one, not a curvy one)
For my EDM experience, the sound looks excellent and i can even reenforce the subbass of the IKKO 10H, who is already a bassy bird with the TWS2 equalizer.
The whole set up is quite comfortable (although I have to try the straight adapter). The sub bass is really excellent and the I have used as well the EQ to balance the sound on the mids and on treble on the IKKO.
Now, I was just wondering if a 2 pin conector wireless adaptor wouldn't be better than the 2TWS. Any suggestion apart from the FIIO 5 adapter ?

Really hasn't been any new product in the TWS adapter market since the UTWS5 I'm afraid, hopefully Shure releases their gen 3 next yet!

Nov 29, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #49,075 of 62,573
I've used the IKKO with the Shure TW2 before on an iPhone. Few differences on a UTWS5. You'll get more power, but no EQ with the FiiO and the FiiO app is terrible, sometimes never even connects. It's frustrating. Shure TW2 adapters work flawlessly, no bugs. The Fiio are great, and do fit the IKKO, but unless you have an Android phone and can EQ you'll have to stick with the stock sound. So, personally, I think you have the better adapter. I have both and prefer the Shure TW2.

Nov 29, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #49,079 of 62,573
Nov 29, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #49,080 of 62,573

Users who are viewing this thread

Back