Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #48,856 of 62,293
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #48,857 of 62,293
TBH it is late in the day for LDAC and it is overrated with less battery life and less range, IMO aptX Adaptive will be thew way forward, both LDAC and aptX Adaptive talked about upgrades to 24/192k in the future.

If Sony made a LL version of LDAC that would help IMO.

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #48,858 of 62,293
TBH it is late in the day for LDAC and it is overrated with less battery life and less range, IMO aptX Adaptive will be thew way forward, both LDAC and aptX Adaptive talked about upgrades to 24/192k in the future.

If Sony made a LL version of LDAC that would help IMO.
They have an adaptive bit rate option.

Screenshot_20221120-002655.png

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #48,859 of 62,293
I know that as had many LDAC head/earphones, in Android there is even more settings, you can also choose 330/660/990 but for me it still stands what I said, and many reviewers say the same.

To listen at 330k will not sound much better than SBC and aptX for some sounds as good or better, IMO aptX HD sounds as good or better than even LDAC 990k (on same devices so fair Comparision).

You do realise how many do not even really know what LDAC is like the iPhone users who use "as everyone does", they will have CD Rips/MP3 320k at best playing at LDAC 990k thinking this is the best thing I have ever heard (red vs blue pill).

It still has high latency, the only real option I have seen on some earbuds I have had (2 pairs AFAIR) but not on many phones is LHDC which is a Low Latency Hi-Res Codec.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #48,860 of 62,293
I'm still using the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and still get excellent results with the highest LDAC settings (as long as my phone is nearby). I definitely get the best sound quality with this codec.

I must be one of the only people out there who actually likes the default sound profile on the Sony WH and WF headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #48,861 of 62,293
First Post, so excuse my english. I wanted to give my non professional opinion and request advice (and trying to get focussed on the subject). I have read quite some of the latest pages of this thread (3258 pages... my gosh, this is too much to read).
I am a fan of Bose sound. I own a pair of Bose QC earbuds and I love(d) them. The sound is rich, and as I listen to EDM mostly, the punchy and rumbling sub-basses are just "over the top". Nevertheless, It does not have multipoint and, after more than 1 year use, I find them a bit bulky, slow to connect and for my ears lacking a bit of mids and highs after I have tried other earbuds. I have tested the Jabra 85T which is a great pair of multipoint earbuds. The sound is much more balanced than the QC on the mids and highs, but even EQing the earbuds, I am missing this massive full immersive rumbling of the sub basses of the QC earbuds. I was as well a bit disapppointed by the fact that the Jabra 85T earbuds are not staying in place while doing running sessions. I decided then to discard them. I did try the Airpods Pro (I can use both Iphone and Android device), and i really found the sound impressive (spatial, powerfull as the QC) but still missing this rumbling sub-basses of the QC earbuds. For people looking for clarity in sound with good basses, but not excessive i think Jabra 85T and Airpod Pro is a great choice, both on their price range.
Now, I then discovered the existence of the IEM's with multiple drivers and I am now requesting advice for a 350€/USD max budget. Must be Wireless.
- Are there TWS airbuds with multipoint conection that would have the same clarity of sound in Mids and HIghs than the Jabras or the Airpods but with the same sub-basses rumbling of the QC earbuds ( ATH-TWX9 for example) (or definetely this is an impossible quest due to peculiar shape of the Bose sound ?)
- Are IEMS (like OKKO 10H for example) a good alternative to get the type of sound I want, associated with a wireless adapter like FIIO UTWS5 for example ? I now that it will be impossible to use them for phone calls (does it exist some Wireless adapter with mic ?) - not sure about multipoint capability of those devices - but sound quality is for me more important than the ability to use the device for phone calls and therefore multipoint connectivity.

Nov 20, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #48,862 of 62,293
Got a very nice early delivery of the Victor Ha-FX150t. On a Sunday of all days.

First impressions on look is that the case is much smaller than images suggest, the buds are bigger than suggested. Not instantly impressed with the Spiral Dot tips, they didn't feel as secure as any of the other styles I used and sound quality seemed muffled. Not sure if these will be great for running which is a bummer as that's my special music time.

The SQ is pretty good, not blowing me away and not the best of what I have on first listen. Might have something to it though so gonna keep listening and see what happens. mids sit pretty far forward and overall sound is missing a softness to. This might work out for electronic music, will give it some more time.

The lows are definitely present and thicccc.

IMG20221120162541.jpg
IMG20221120162520.jpg

IMG20221120162621.jpg
IMG20221120162636.jpg

Nov 20, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #48,865 of 62,293
Got a very nice early delivery of the Victor Ha-FX150t. On a Sunday of all days.

First impressions on look is that the case is much smaller than images suggest, the buds are bigger than suggested. Not instantly impressed with the Spiral Dot tips, they didn't feel as secure as any of the other styles I used and sound quality seemed muffled. Not sure if these will be great for running which is a bummer as that's my special music time.

The SQ is pretty good, not blowing me away and not the best of what I have on first listen. Might have something to it though so gonna keep listening and see what happens. mids sit pretty far forward and overall sound is missing a softness to. This might work out for electronic music, will give it some more time.

The lows are definitely present and thicccc.

IMG20221120162541.jpg IMG20221120162520.jpg

IMG20221120162621.jpg IMG20221120162636.jpg

Lovely small case!

Did you try the different preset? And I'm guessing you haven't got the app on your phone? I'm thinking there will be a day 1 update? :p

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #48,866 of 62,293
and dropping APTX too. maybe the licensing is cheaper to use LDAC than APTX? :sweat_smile:
Just another opportunity to sell more units. The WUQI chip they've used in these models is only capable of LDAC, whereas the QCC3040 can't offer LDAC - they would have to move to QCC3050 or 3056 to offer Snapdragon Sound, which they probably will in a future release as it means selling another box!

Just finished typing my review on the Air3 Deluxe HS, there's more in the YouTube if anyone is interested.

Pretty good, very different sound to the Air3 but otherwise practically everything else is the same.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #48,867 of 62,293
- Are IEMS (like OKKO 10H for example) a good alternative to get the type of sound I want, associated with a wireless adapter like FIIO UTWS5 for example ? I now that it will be impossible to use them for phone calls (does it exist some Wireless adapter with mic ?) - not sure about multipoint capability of those devices - but sound quality is for me more important than the ability to use the device for phone calls and therefore multipoint connectivity.
UTWS5 has a mic so can be used for calls. It not a great mic but does work. I love my UTWS5 / FH5 combo. It allows a great IEM to be like a TWS.

Fiio has just released the FW5 which is a multi driver hybrid TWS. If your willing to try out something not reviewed yet.

Nov 20, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #48,868 of 62,293
UTWS5 has a mic so can be used for calls. It not a great mic but does work. I love my UTWS5 / FH5 combo. It allows a great IEM to be like a TWS.

Fiio has just released the FW5 which is a multi driver hybrid TWS. If your willing to try out something not reviewed yet.
There have been a couple of impressions. One by someone who has the EX and TWX9 and says the FiiO sounds the best of the three. I mean it has to sound good cause that is the only thing it really does except take calls. Doubt it will have top tier call quality and features like side tone so it really is pretty much all about the sound. :)

Nov 20, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #48,869 of 62,293
Ya I just saw the post in the Fiio thread, to bad he never gave actual impressions. I a very tempted to buy the FW5. Been jonesing for something new. Looked at a lot of fullsize BT headphones. But just to pricey to get into anything with better than average sound quality. Bit tempted on the Momentum 4 but even on sale they $379CAD so might just get these instead. I know I like Fiio so likely not to risky a purchase :).

Nov 20, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #48,870 of 62,293
The Shure TW2 adapters are fantastic for calls, transparency mode if your IEMs don't require a ton of power. The FIIOs are great for listening and have plenty of power. My personal preference (I have both) are the TW2s for the features and comfort. I also get a bit frustrated with FIIO's software in general, it can be a bit flaky at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back