Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 17, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #48,826 of 62,599
Hmm, does not show up for me. I guess it's because I'm leeching off my cousin's Prime (I only get 3% back). I guess you gotta pay for perks!
Ha ha! Definitely why or it's targeted. Bummer.

Nov 17, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #48,827 of 62,599
Not that it makes much difference.....
1668732847127.png
FX150T are actually a bit bigger than their predecessor.
Dang, TWS photos can be so misleading.

Hope that bigger size is due to a whole bunch of updated drivers/technology.

Got mine arriving Tuesday, trying to avoid looking for reviews until then but don't think I'll be able to help myself.

Nov 17, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #48,829 of 62,599
I'm not too familiar with TWS iems and I'm looking for a gift for my teenage nephew, a budding audiophile.

Can anyone recommend something under $100?

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #48,831 of 62,599
I noticed that the app for the new FX150T is also avaibile, but can't seem to download it unless you're in japan (I've tried with a VPN too) :frowning2:
I've had good luck with apkpure 😊 (used it for some Japanese earbuds I can't remember the name of that I couldn't return because dhl fees :/)

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #48,832 of 62,599
I'm not too familiar with TWS iems and I'm looking for a gift for my teenage nephew, a budding audiophile.

Can anyone recommend something under $100?

Thanks.
Soundcore Space A40 is a good choice. Decent ANC, fairly balanced sound, great EQ and app, long battery life, SBC, AAC and LDAC support.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #48,833 of 62,599
I noticed that the app for the new FX150T is also avaibile, but can't seem to download it unless you're in japan (I've tried with a VPN too) :frowning2:
Might be by design. The only way to circumvent the website not letting people outside of Japan order the 150T was by getting an Amazon Japan account (for me in aus atleast). Changing the sound signatures seems essential so hope we can access it.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #48,834 of 62,599
Soundcore Space A40 is a good choice. Decent ANC, fairly balanced sound, great EQ and app, long battery life, SBC, AAC and LDAC support.
I wasn't aware that anker is making audiophile level iems now. Is the SQ on par with something like a KZ DQ6 or CCA CRA?

SQ and LDAC support are the priority.

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #48,835 of 62,599

I've been really pleased with their life dot/a 3i (after EQ) that I'm really tempted to buy the a40 also

Nov 18, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #48,836 of 62,599
I have the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air something Pro something, and found the tuning really good, rivaling other more expensive ones I have, same with ANC. So I agree that for under $100, I would go with Anker Soundcore. Just good luck figuring out all the names and numbers!

Nov 18, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #48,837 of 62,599
Might be by design. The only way to circumvent the website not letting people outside of Japan order the 150T was by getting an Amazon Japan account (for me in aus atleast). Changing the sound signatures seems essential so hope we can access it.
If you mean the presets you can regardless. Just easier, supposedly, with the app than cycling through. But if you are out and about getting out your phone, opening the app, going to the section and changing really isn't any worse than cycling through using the R bud. I would rather have 6 settings though than them choosing to have less. The world we live in right? The review complaining about pressing a button. Much ado about nothing cause most of us choose what sounds best and leave it. I only need to change when listening to radio mystery theater shows since they are a few times from old cassette recordings which may sound like crap and be hard to hear.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #48,839 of 62,599
Hi fellas and ladies, it's nice to make your acquaintance. I currently own a pair of Sony WFC500 wireless earbuds, whilst I think they are decent, there would be considerable improvements if I spent a bit more. I've been playing guitar for 40 years and I love listening to and playing from the blues up to 80s heavy rock /metal.Wall flattening bass isn't something I'm particularly hung up on, for me it's about accurate midrange and present top end without ear fatigue. I had been looking at the Sony WF1000XM4 earbuds, but they are really bulky and I have comfort concerns about them. The Jabra 85T gets plenty of good comments, but I am still unsure. I have 0% interest in current music and given my tastes, I would be grateful for recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back