Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 15, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #48,796 of 62,436
With my ear shape I need a deep insertion, so I tried the CP360 with the EX and GB2P, and it maybe had better fit over stock tips?

So I'd like to find aftermarket tips with the deepest insertion for the EX and GB2P that still allow charging without removing tips.

Any ideas?

My guess it would be the CP360...
I think I had the CP100 or CP145 for few days and I didnt notice it wouldnt charge. Thats even deeper model than the CP360. I would need to test this properly for you.

Nov 15, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #48,797 of 62,436
But when is he gonna do the Cleer ARC. Sometimes I prefer a zero-in-ear format. :)

Not gonna happen, sorry. Regardless of how they sound, a charging case with fixed USB-A cable is a no-go for me in 2022.

Cleer-Arc-with-USB-cable.jpg

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #48,798 of 62,436
My replacement pair of ATH-TWX9's arrived today–two days earlier than expected. Gotta love Amazon 2-day shipping.

Back in business. Hopefully this pair lasts longer than 3-weeks. I can now use the features in the AT Connect app. Setting touch button sensitivity to high fixed the wonky controls, and they now respond the first time I press them.

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #48,799 of 62,436
Any deals to be had on the EX anywhere? Tried the usual locations but nothing that compelling. $347 on Amazon. Some on eBay but from Japan. Maybe Black Friday?

Nov 15, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #48,800 of 62,436
Any deals to be had on the EX anywhere? Tried the usual locations but nothing that compelling. $347 on Amazon. Some on eBay but from Japan. Maybe Black Friday?
I think you'll have to wait for Black Friday - deals on the EX don't show up very often sadly!

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #48,802 of 62,436
With my ear shape I need a deep insertion, so I tried the CP360 with the EX and GB2P, and it maybe had better fit over stock tips?

So I'd like to find aftermarket tips with the deepest insertion for the EX and GB2P that still allow charging without removing tips.

Any ideas?

My guess it would be the CP360...
Quick test. Pressing the tip all the way down. All of them disconnect immediately, so I would assume they charge just fine? The stem of the tws does not seat all the way down, which I realized earlier when using the CP100 for a second, but as the charging contacts are at the bottom, it might not be a big deal.

From left to right:
CP145, CP100, W1, CP360, CP1025 and Azla Sedna's.

All sizes medium.

Im getting the best fit and seal with the 1025 M and L. Although I could use the 360 and even the deeper 145, but I feel the shallow insertion is more comfortable.

The Spinfit's give me more comfort vs the Sedna's. The flexible stem is really good for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20221116_092042.jpg
    IMG_20221116_092042.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 16, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #48,803 of 62,436
Baseus Storm 3

Baseus-Storm-3-ANC-TWS-Kopfh-rer-Bluetooth-5-2-Adaptive-Ger-uschunterdr-ckung-Drahtlose-Kopfh.jpg_640x640.jpg

In a nutshell, this is excellent half-inears hardware, but marred by crappy software. Problem is, you need the software to get the best out of the hardware.

These TWS earbuds have great build quality and a gorgeous finish. Probably the best looking half-inears I've seen so far. Plus, they're extremely comfy and have the potential to sound very good.

However, there are many issues. First of all, the stock sound is pretty far from what's possible, so you need the Baseus app to optimize it via 8-band EQ. Now, there is an ANC mode, which actually does very little in terms of noise reduction (considering these are non-sealing buds), but lowers the battery life from ~4 to 2.5 hours. However, the stock frequency response gets markedly changed by ANC, so you'll need one custom EQ for normal mode and another one for ANC.

So you edit your custom EQ by adjusting the sliders to your taste, only to find out that the app frequently modifies some bands by +/-1db during the save process. You'll need to write down your intended settings on a piece of paper, then re-check and re-edit to (after several iterations) end up with correctly saved EQ settings. It also doesn't help that the app's detection of the TWS is rather unstable, so it will disconnect from time to time and tell you that you can't change settings, when in reality your phone has a stable connection to the earbuds.

Anyway, after quite a tedious process, but motivated by the potentially great sound quality these buds are capable of, you'll end up with two optimized EQ settings for normal mode and ANC. It's then when you'll find out that, after recharging and taking it out of the case, the TWS remembers the last used EQ setting, but not the ANC mode (it always defaults to ANC on). So you'll have to manually make sure that ANC mode and EQ setting remain consistent.

If you've read so far, you'll legitimately ask yourself: why even bother? Well, because after all is said and done, these are really good looking, very comfortable and excellent sounding earbuds. Still, I can't recommend them to anyone with low frustration tolerance, unless Baseus get their crap together and provide an app that does their quality hardware justice.
I got those back in August and wrote about them here.

Was hopeful, but ultimately disappointed that ANC did not really work, their claims made it sound like they had cracked the code on how to do ANC in semi in ears ...

Found some anti-slip ear tips, designed for the airpods 3, which help quite some with the seal and hence the ANC ... but it's a bit of a hassle to put on, since you can't leave em on when putting in case ..
But they sure are pretty :D

Nov 16, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #48,804 of 62,436
I got those back in August and wrote about them here.

Was hopeful, but ultimately disappointed that ANC did not really work, their claims made it sound like they had cracked the code on how to do ANC in semi in ears ...

Found some anti-slip ear tips, designed for the airpods 3, which help quite some with the seal and hence the ANC ... but it's a bit of a hassle to put on, since you can't leave em on when putting in case ..
But they sure are pretty :D

try the Huawei Freebuds 4 if you have the chance. it's ANC is quite good for open earbuds design. it cuts out the low noises, though because of the nature of it's design, highs and mids noises would still be audible.

the only gripe i had with it was the low battery life

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #48,805 of 62,436
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #48,806 of 62,436
Perhaps of interest - Hexamove Pro for $69.99 https://www.v-moda.com/us/en/produc...HQAiDiZLYCoPNUptThc7qJXc0vo0luEMaAhQbEALw_wcB
plus 10% if you have signed up by email. Seems decent except for the xtra grande case. Seems they had an update as well that fixes the volume level that wasn't loud enough before and the app is improved than early on.
Had these twice. They DO sound great. Nice sub-bass. But that case. It's awful. HUGE. Buds are tiny. They did fix the volume when I had them. EQ was also needed. For $69 they are definitley worth a shot. That said, customer service is non-existent.

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #48,808 of 62,436
try the Huawei Freebuds 4 if you have the chance. it's ANC is quite good for open earbuds design. it cuts out the low noises, though because of the nature of it's design, highs and mids noises would still be audible.

the only gripe i had with it was the low battery life
Interesting! I shall hope that e-earphone has them on the floor for testing. Amazon JP has a 4000Y off coupon right now, so it would still clock in at 103USD ...

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #48,810 of 62,436
Nuratrue pros finally launching today and are 10% off for 24 hours to celebrate on their website if anyone is interested 😊 not sure which time-zone tho.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back