Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 15, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #48,227 of 62,436
My luck with earbuds is horrible, my first pair of soundcore liberty pro 3's would disconnected rapidly when using the app. Soundcore wanted me to send the faulty pair back before they would send the replacement, but I pleaded with them to send the replacement first and they ultimately made an exception. I still paid to ship the faulty pair back to them and was not reimbursed (it was only $5 so I wasn't sweating it). Being that you're in Canada, return shipping is likely going to be more expensive, if you have to ship back to the states? I would just go through Amazon, I wouldn't worry about the fact that you've already returned headphones with them, they have the most excellent customer service in my experience- I always go through the chat and speak to an actual representative, it never fails.

The replacement pair was excellent by the way, but the ATH-TWX9 was calling to me, and my girlfriend really loved the sound of the soundcores, so I just gave them to her. Now I'm earbudless until the replacement ATs come :X
They asked me to ship within Canada with a tracking number. The headphone I returned was not Soundcore but a 1More SonoFlow - I decided to keep the Soundcore Q45 over it but am having issues with air pressure affecting the bass whenever I shake my head around (I don't know if this is systemic or a defect). I've heard Amazon will send out a "we're concerned" warning if you do too many regular returns and there are considerations to change this policy soon.

I decided to pick up a second back-up Liberty 3 Pro during the Prime sale. It seems to me that the new unit (Purple) is warmer-sounding and a bit missing in the treble but has a more natural soundstage as a result, while the older unit (Silver) hits very hard in the upper mids and treble [both units set to LDAC with Soundcore Signature EQ setting]. I don't know if there was a physical change or if the times I have cleaned up the nozzle with an air blower has affected the filtering of the sound.

Oct 15, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #48,228 of 62,436
What are some of the consensus best TWS at the $50 USD price point and $100 price point these days? Back when I was looking for some, the SSK BT-03 were the ones to get, but they've been discontinued. Thanks in advance!

To me, it's the QCY HT05 (aka Melobuds ANC):

https://www.qcyearbuds.com/qcy-ht05/

For about $40, you get a capable LCP graphene driver, decent ANC (active noise cancelling), very stable BT 5.2 connection and good battery life.

But the icing on the cake is the QCY app, which lets you configure the touch controls and provides a 10-band in-device EQ. The latter means you can tune your TWS any way you want and save this tuning as an EQ preset in the device. This EQ will work with any source (phone, tablet, PC) and keep on working, even if you uninstall the app.

Here's the way I tuned my HT05, red is the default EQ, green is DF-neutral (0 -2 2 5 8 2 0 -2 -4 8) and blue is my preferred, slightly v-shaped settting (1 -2 1 5 8 7 4 1 0 8):
(All measurements are DF-compensated. Note that my EQ setting is meant to be used with ANC on for commuting)

UA3Lh5F.jpg

The result sounds excellent for the price and that's a lot you get for $40 imo. In reference to a set of great budget IEMs, I'd say these are the current Tenore of TWS.

Oct 15, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #48,229 of 62,436
Hi everyone, any Buss 2 Pro owners with large ear canals could possibly help me?

The Buds 2 Pro are my very first earbuds, I've always been an over ear guy but decided to jump the shark on these for one main reason, gym. I only lift weights, no running, no jumping around, so I didn't really look for "workout specific" buds, from what I've read sound quality tends to lean towards crap.

So, with AutoEQ + my own EQ these sound absolutely fantastic, were a bit too bass/low mid heavy at default but now they're absolutely perfect for my needs!

Now here comes the problem. Apparently I have not only freakishly large ear canals but my right one seems to be substantially different from the left.

The main problem here is when at the gym, the gym music is too frickin loud + barbells dropping on the floor etc, so I need decent ANC. When the B2P work (with Azla SednaEarfit MAX Standard L size) they drown around 80% of all the sound (mainly with music playing) which is fantastic. But here's the issue, my right ear side is constantly losing seal and i mean all the time. The main reason it's a really bad experience is that every 5 mins I can hear tons of low end coming in the right side, which makes everything sound skewed and disorienting, messes with my focus etc.

Here's a brief on all the tips I've tried so far:

Samsung Stock Tips - S is obviously out of the question. M didn't work, no seal, poor fit in app. L worked but doesn't block out enough passively. Right side keeps wanting to come out if I clench my jaw, move head etc.

AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard (L) - Heard great things about these and they were right. Sound quality is fantastic, blocks WAY more noise than Stock passively and ANC. Seals very well.... If I'm standing still / barely doing anything. In the gym have to adjust the right side every 5/10 minutes yet again...

AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard (ML) - Decided to try the next smaller size from Ls as that could be the culprit on the right ear canal. No dice. App shows "poor fit" always, no matter how much I mess around, can't get a good seal. Useless.

SpinFit CP360 for True Wireless Earbuds - XL - Like the AZLAs, these are 14mm wide and go deeper. (Although comparing them side by side they seem a bit shorter) 8.5mm compared to AZLAs 8mm. They felt great, insane passive isolation which resulted in awesome ANC. Also sound fantastic. But, here's the but, right ear canal, yet again, kept losing seal at the gym. These are with the XLs, so decided to try the L which is 13mm wide. Get a poor fit in the app 100% of the time, doesn't properly seal on both ears.

Comply Designed For Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro - Got these today. Can't get a good fit with both M and L, doesn't block anything, tons of sound/air coming through. Ear Fit test negative 100% of the time :S ***

diofit/Galaxy Buds2 Pro MultiFlange - Not good. None of the sizes seal at all. On both ears.

Anyone have any idea what else I can try? The Azlas Max Standard are 95% perfect, just my damn right ear canal seems larger/shaped differently. If they were perhaps slightly larger in diameter it would help, I don't know. Can't even fit comply foam ones which is insane.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #48,230 of 62,436
https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/xelento-wireless.html?cid=mm_icamp

The new 2nd Gen Xelento got me really interested! Like a proper true wireless it has an IP-rating! (IPX4)! Very interesting to say the least. Might be worth it over regular TWS, depending on well they insulate and if you're not too bothered by the cable.

Sure, they cost 1k, but on the other hand you can just get a new BT-cable (or future TWS adapter) whenever the battery becomes bad.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #48,231 of 62,436
Hi everyone, any Buss 2 Pro owners with large ear canals could possibly help me?

The Buds 2 Pro are my very first earbuds, I've always been an over ear guy but decided to jump the shark on these for one main reason, gym. I only lift weights, no running, no jumping around, so I didn't really look for "workout specific" buds, from what I've read sound quality tends to lean towards crap.

So, with AutoEQ + my own EQ these sound absolutely fantastic, were a bit too bass/low mid heavy at default but now they're absolutely perfect for my needs!

Now here comes the problem. Apparently I have not only freakishly large ear canals but my right one seems to be substantially different from the left.

The main problem here is when at the gym, the gym music is too frickin loud + barbells dropping on the floor etc, so I need decent ANC. When the B2P work (with Azla SednaEarfit MAX Standard L size) they drown around 80% of all the sound (mainly with music playing) which is fantastic. But here's the issue, my right ear side is constantly losing seal and i mean all the time. The main reason it's a really bad experience is that every 5 mins I can hear tons of low end coming in the right side, which makes everything sound skewed and disorienting, messes with my focus etc.

Samsung Stock Tips - S is obviously out of the question. M didn't work, no seal, poor fit in app. L worked but doesn't block out enough passively. Right side keeps wanting to come out if I clench my jaw, move head etc.

AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard (L) - Heard great things about these and they were right. Sound quality is fantastic, blocks WAY more noise than Stock passively and ANC. Seals very well.... If I'm standing still / barely doing anything. In the gym have to adjust the right side every 5/10 minutes yet again...

AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard (ML) - Decided to try the next smaller size from Ls as that could be the culprit on the right ear canal. No dice. App shows "poor fit" always, no matter how much I mess around, can't get a good seal. Useless.

SpinFit CP360 for True Wireless Earbuds - XL - Like the AZLAs, these are 14mm wide and go deeper. (Although comparing them side by side they seem a bit shorter) 8.5mm compared to AZLAs 8mm. They felt great, insane passive isolation which resulted in awesome ANC. Also sound fantastic. But, here's the but, right ear canal, yet again, kept losing seal at the gym. These are with the XLs, so decided to try the L which is 13mm wide. Get a poor fit in the app 100% of the time, doesn't properly seal on both ears.

Comply Designed For Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro - Got these today. Can't get a good fit with both M and L, doesn't block anything, tons of sound/air coming through. Ear Fit test negative 100% of the time :S ***

diofit/Galaxy Buds2 Pro MultiFlange - Not good. None of the sizes seal at all. On both ears.

Anyone have any idea what else I can try? The Azlas Max Standard are 95% perfect, just my damn right ear canal seems larger/shaped differently. If they were perhaps slightly larger in diameter it would help, I don't know. Can't even fit comply foam ones which is insane.

Try the Azlas again with the tip below (regarding pulling of earlobe) -

"You don't just jam them in there, though. You have to properly seat them in your ears. Here's a fail-safe method:

Start by placing the tips in your ears and pushing them in just a little bit. Then, use both hands to seal them up. For your left ear, reach up with your right hand and grab your left earlobe. Pull the lobe downwards a little to widen your ear canal. Then, use your left index finger to gently push the tip further into your ear. Don't shove it all the way in, but far enough to where you feel the seal. Finally, let go of your earlobe. Your ear canal returns to its normal size, and you'll feel the seal tighten. Now do the same for your other ear"

I used to have similar issues with fit on one side until I tried the earlobe-pulling method.

Also, there's a possibility that your right canal is not larger but just shaped different.

I also tried sizing up/down before but it didn't work. In the end, I just went back to my regular size and used the earlobe pulling method, which was perfect.

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #48,232 of 62,436
Over the last years ive had and used Bose Soundsport(the one with cable), Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds and now Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds 2. Also had Jabra Elite 7 Pro the last year including just now Huawei Freebuds Pro 2.

On sound alone for working out the Bose buds(all 3) has a fun and engaging sound. this is what I prefer on the go or when at the job or doing workouts.

Just sucks they have a lot of quality problems.

The Soundsport ive had 3 new pairs sent to me on warranty since the microphone has stopped working on 2 while 1 stopped charging. Going from the water and dust rating they should have no problems.

Buds I and II has microphone problems in awareness mode, both models are practically unusable for me who sweats much under workouts. Not to to talk about sudden pops or noises when the ears get sweaty, this in both ANC and awareness mode on the old model and the new. For my work they were both great when using ANC. Got my money back after that I tried the the new version, it sucks since they are truly some good wireless buds.

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #48,233 of 62,436
Jabra Elite 7 Pro is good on both the ANC Awareness mode and you can actually turn it of both(plz learn this Bose). Sound can be EQ to your liking, stock EQ in the app lack bass and treble for my taste. The sound is perhaps more detailed and clearer than the Bose models, less mid bass and extending more in the highs is probably why. But i have had dust problems with this model, the microphones get easily clogged up and people can not hear you clearly. Also weird since they have one of the highest water and dust ratings.

Since I sold of my Bose models after Warranty repairs, I tried the Jabra for my workouts. The sits as glue in the ear, when vigorously running on trails they can get a little loose and need resetting. I have been quite happy with them and used them less and less for calls, i would think they are great for people not using them in dusty environments. As a plumber making new houses dust is there, so that's probably the main issue for me.

The Huawei Freebuds 2 Pro is still too early to say, the sound alone is great. Clearly closer to what I'm used from IEM's, more detail and punchy and fast bass. Micrphone has surprised me on calls even in noisy areas. Time will tell if they can survive my daily work, not planning on using them for workouts. Actually hoping for a new Jaybird Vista (3) and that they fix the wind problems with ANC or awareness on.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #48,234 of 62,436

The Sony Hybrid extra large for you larger ear and the large size for the other ear might do the trick.

Comply foam tips might be another option.

Attachments

• 20221015_104112.jpg
    20221015_104112.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221015_103842.jpg
    20221015_103842.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #48,235 of 62,436
I have the MW07 and really like the sound signature. However, I cannot get a good fit because the body of the IEM prevents reaching acceptable depth of insertion into the ear canal. Or you could say the length of the stem for the ear tip is too short to get proper depth. So I cannot get a good seal and thus that prevents achieving a good bass response.

I also have the Liberty 2 Pro and like them as well, but I think the MW07 is a little more coherent and balanced and inline with my tastes? However, I find them hard to get a good insertion depth as well, similar to the MW07.

For those familiar with the MW07, what BT earphones have at least a similar sound or better, but are easier to get a better fit with deeper ear tip insertion? I like good treble, the MW07 delivers and I do not consider myself a basshead and I like a somewhat balanced and fast sound with good impact, that is the way I would describe the MW07, imo.

I'm willing to spend whatever it takes to get decent sound.

EDIT: It appears the MW08 has a slightly differently shaped body that may possibly make a deeper fit possible? Does anyone have any experience in that being the case?
Maybe the L3pro would be an option as well?

Sorry for being redundant, but I was hoping someone might be able to help, especially for what is bolded.
TIA!

Oct 15, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #48,236 of 62,436
I have over 470hrs of use in the Sony Linkbuds S so obviously like them. But after using the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro for the last 2 weeks I am finding it harder to enjoy the Linkbuds S. They just sound to tame in comparison. Bass is not as hard hitting, mids are to smooth and a bit warm, treble lacks detail and grittiness for instruments like guitars. I even switched to LDAC to see if could get the Linkbuds to improve but they simply can't keep up for music.

But in regard to ambient mode in particular the Linkbuds S are so much better. ANC is slightly better on the Linkbuds S but in that area they are a tossup for the most part. GB2Pro are better at handling wind though.

Since ambient is the least used I can live with the GB2Pro but really wish I could have the holy grail... LOL

The Linkbuds S has better quality of life features like auto switching between modes depending on location, activity and that sort of thing but need all those tricks due to their poor battery performance.

The GB2Pro meanwhile get the same battery life using their best Codec on my Galaxy S20 phone and mostly ANC use, so win in the battery life department so don't need to switch automatically.

Edit: hmmm I just realized I had been playing with the enhanced hearing under Accessibility on the GB2Pro. Once I turned that off ambient is much better and more natural. So the ambient mode is now alot like the Linkbuds S. I prefer Sony's pause of the music with speak to chat but these are now very close to the same if I pause the music when talking to someone using the GB2Pro. Both could use just a bit more amplification for voices but are certainly serviceable.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #48,237 of 62,436
Sorry for being redundant, but I was hoping someone might be able to help, especially for what is bolded.
TIA!
Tough to answer. There are so many that are even better than those MW07. Personally, I would check out the last few pages of this chain. You'll see the ones we've been chatting about. Usually, new releases. The Audio Technica ATH-TWX9, Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, Bose QCII, B&O EX, AirPods Pro 2 and more. I do think these are all better than the old MW07. Fit, form and function is much better. I have all the above and enjoy them immensely. The newer MW08 is great, but imo the others are better. The TWS keeps getting better. Hope this helps and is a start for you. Others might chime in as well...

Oct 15, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #48,239 of 62,436
I am in the market for a new TWS as substitute, since I often find myself without much battery power with my only one.
I've had the Galaxy Buds Pro for over a year. Listened to my brother's Sony wm1000xm4 and the Lypertek Z7 arrived today, had a good listen to them already.
Gotta say, Z7 and XM4 sound muffled compared to my Buds Pro. The Lypertek Z7 has very very boomy bass, it goes deep but it feels pretty uncontrolled and bloats into the mids. Also the highs are rolled off signifcantly. Cymbals and higher pitched vocals can sound very quiet.
Z7 has a really nice soundstage width with good positioning which I really enjoyed with game soundtracks. But man, I can't get over the weird tuning.
Galaxy Buds Pro are still king for me, they've been so reliable.

Comfort-wise Lypertek Z7 sticks out and you "feel" them the most but they didn't get painful after 3 hours of use. My buds pro hurt after some hours, even though they are the most comfortable lol.

I really loved the Moondrop Blessing 2 back when I had it, it seems like anything but Harman or Moondrop curve will disappoint me sadly. But I just can't do cables anymore, TWS ruined me.
Thought about getting the Final ZE3000, but they seem to have as much bass as the Z7 according to the headfonia review. I think I am playing it safe, just ordered the Galaxy Buds 2 for now.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #48,240 of 62,436
Try the Azlas again with the tip below (regarding pulling of earlobe) -

"You don't just jam them in there, though. You have to properly seat them in your ears. Here's a fail-safe method:

Start by placing the tips in your ears and pushing them in just a little bit. Then, use both hands to seal them up. For your left ear, reach up with your right hand and grab your left earlobe. Pull the lobe downwards a little to widen your ear canal. Then, use your left index finger to gently push the tip further into your ear. Don't shove it all the way in, but far enough to where you feel the seal. Finally, let go of your earlobe. Your ear canal returns to its normal size, and you'll feel the seal tighten. Now do the same for your other ear"

I used to have similar issues with fit on one side until I tried the earlobe-pulling method.

Also, there's a possibility that your right canal is not larger but just shaped different.

I also tried sizing up/down before but it didn't work. In the end, I just went back to my regular size and used the earlobe pulling method, which was perfect.
Thank you! I'm definitely gonna try this! I've noticed that, very rarely when annoyed at the gym with the right side fit I press the bud against my ear, thus shoving the tip further and it's more often than not worse. So this makes sense!
The Sony Hybrid extra large for you larger ear and the large size for the other ear might do the trick.

Comply foam tips might be another option.

I've tried complys, detailed on my post and none seal for me. Do those Sony Hybrid fit the Buds 2 Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back