Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #48,213 of 62,437
Damn, I wanted to order the TWX9 because the price seemed decent for the specs, but with all the extra costs (shipping plus customs fees etc) I'm not sure about it. It's like almost $300...

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #48,214 of 62,437
Hello, I have received my ATH Twx9 some days ago but I'm feeling very frustrated. Sound is amazing but everytime I use them the next time I take them out of the case the app does not recognize and I need to unpair and pair again the headphones, sometimes more than once to have them working. Has anyone had such issue with them as it makes it extremely annoying. Thanks

Hi, where did you buy them from? Thx.

Oct 14, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #48,215 of 62,437
Decided to try the Liberty 3 Pro since they were on sale for $120 on Amazon. I am thinking they might be a fun bassy option.

The Galaxy Buds 2 Pro continue to impress. Went for a run and they worked extremely well. I had ANC on and zero wind issues. My other favorites the Linkbuds S work well but only when ANC was off.

Another interesting thing with the GB2Pro is that I get 5-6hrs of battery life and they are using the 24bit codec whereas if I turn on LDAC on the Linkbuds S I am lucky if I get 4 hours battery life.

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #48,216 of 62,437
Need a little ear tip help...

I finally decided to try the Soundcore Liberty 3 pro's. Very impressed with the sound, however, the largest tip in the box for my doesn't seal very well for my left ear. My basic observation is that it doesn't grip well enough.

Can anyone recommend a tip (or tips) that might solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #48,217 of 62,437
^^ Their tips are actually some of the largest (the reddish ones) but I prefer SpinFits for sound/comfort, but they are thin and lack density so not good for ANC for me, so I opt for AZLA's range, and I need XL in both so about 14mm.

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #48,218 of 62,437
Azla Crystals are the best tips I've ever used. Nearly the same grip as the Xelastec without warping, the convenience of silicone with the isolation of foam. The wider bores also mean they don't color the sound as much as others.

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #48,219 of 62,437
I received my pair of ATH-TWX9 yesterday, after much anticipation from this thread, and unfortunately the left earbud does not work. I contacted AT and received a response very quickly stating that I had an initial failure and that I must contact Amazon.jp

Such a shame! I hope they can get me a replacement soon and that I won’t have to send these back and wait for them to receive them first.

The earbuds and the case all feel very high quality, as some have said the light on the case is intensely bright, I hope they add a dimmer to that in the app.

There was a firmware update available but it wouldn’t let me install it because both earbuds needed to be paired for the update.

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #48,220 of 62,437
I received my pair of ATH-TWX9 yesterday, after much anticipation from this thread, and unfortunately the left earbud does not work. I contacted AT and received a response very quickly stating that I had an initial failure and that I must contact Amazon.jp

Such a shame! I hope they can get me a replacement soon and that I won’t have to send these back and wait for them to receive them first.

The earbuds and the case all feel very high quality, as some have said the light on the case is intensely bright, I hope they add a dimmer to that in the app.

There was a firmware update available but it wouldn’t let me install it because both earbuds needed to be paired for the update.
What a bummer! If it's any consolation, one-earbud use does operate in mono.

Oct 14, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #48,221 of 62,437
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US
CKS30TW review. Sounds like it has a tighter quicker bass and more forward mids/vocals than the CKS50TW.
1665784160352.png

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #48,222 of 62,437
What a bummer! If it's any consolation, one-earbud use does operate in mono.
I noticed that when I only heard sound in my right ear. As much as I tried, I just couldn't get any sort of sense of how these sound with just one earbud lol.
Return is already sorted. Amazon.jp has very friendly CS, but the shipping procedure is a bit wonky. They requested that I ship via DHL at my own expense, and once they receive it they will refund me. The cost of the return shipping was $130!

They immediately processed a replacement for me, with normal speed shipping. The agent said that he was unable to upgrade the shipping speed to priority, as the replacement has to be shipped at the same speed as the original order.. However, it gave me the option of changing the shipping speed on my end, and I was able to upgrade it to Priority. The agent confirmed that it worked and I wasn't charged.

Hoping the replacements arrive soon and without issues.

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #48,223 of 62,437
I noticed that when I only heard sound in my right ear. As much as I tried, I just couldn't get any sort of sense of how these sound with just one earbud lol.
Return is already sorted. Amazon.jp has very friendly CS, but the shipping procedure is a bit wonky. They requested that I ship via DHL at my own expense, and once they receive it they will refund me. The cost of the return shipping was $130!

They immediately processed a replacement for me, with normal speed shipping. The agent said that he was unable to upgrade the shipping speed to priority, as the replacement has to be shipped at the same speed as the original order.. However, it gave me the option of changing the shipping speed on my end, and I was able to upgrade it to Priority. The agent confirmed that it worked and I wasn't charged.

Hoping the replacements arrive soon and without issues.
I have been in the process of getting a Soundcore product replaced but Soundcore support seems to want me to return the product directly and reimburse me after paying for shipping in order to get a warranty replacement, even though the Amazon Canada return window isn't over yet. I had considered returning through Amazon but I recently did that with another headphone already.

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #48,224 of 62,437
I have been in the process of getting a Soundcore product replaced but Soundcore support seems to want me to return the product directly and reimburse me after paying for shipping in order to get a warranty replacement, even though the Amazon Canada return window isn't over yet. I had considered returning through Amazon but I recently did that with another headphone already.
My luck with earbuds is horrible, my first pair of soundcore liberty pro 3's would disconnected rapidly when using the app. Soundcore wanted me to send the faulty pair back before they would send the replacement, but I pleaded with them to send the replacement first and they ultimately made an exception. I still paid to ship the faulty pair back to them and was not reimbursed (it was only $5 so I wasn't sweating it). Being that you're in Canada, return shipping is likely going to be more expensive, if you have to ship back to the states? I would just go through Amazon, I wouldn't worry about the fact that you've already returned headphones with them, they have the most excellent customer service in my experience- I always go through the chat and speak to an actual representative, it never fails.

The replacement pair was excellent by the way, but the ATH-TWX9 was calling to me, and my girlfriend really loved the sound of the soundcores, so I just gave them to her. Now I'm earbudless until the replacement ATs come :X

Oct 15, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #48,225 of 62,437
After procrastinating forever I finally got around to trying my first set of wireless earbuds. I wasn't expecting too much from something so small but apparently technology has come a long way. I followed the rtings.com suggestion of the jabra elite 7 pro. They happened to be on sale at best buy for $80 off the normal price and I had a $25 best buy gift card burning a hole in my wallet for years so what the hell I went for it.

After following the instructions for firmware updates and setup and finally getting them charged up I fired up amazon music on my phone with flat eq nothing fancy. The sound is way bettwer than I thought it would be. The bass and clarity is all there and nothing jumps out as annoying or unbalanced. I was positive I would need to eq to overcome some irritation with the sound but they did a great job tuning these.

I would have been happy if I'd paid full price but for $95 after discount and gift card I feel pretty lucky to have gotten something that sounds just about right on the first try. Good job Jabra. I thought you were an office supply company lol. If I run into any problems I'll come back and talk smack but so far quite good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back