Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 10, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #48,166 of 62,350
Hello everyone. I've been gone for a few years! What are some of the consensus best TWS at the $50 USD price point and $100 price point these days so I can start my research? As you can see from my sig, I've only tried a few, and the SSK BT-03 are discontinued.

I ordered the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro 2 used for now. They were listed in "the very best" sounding section of Scarbir.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #48,168 of 62,350
Victor's HA-FW1000t still the winner up to today, the Fokus Pro is no match IMHO. The Fokus Pro is more of a easy listening kind, but FW1000 is more on the hi fidelity side of things. I have them for quite some time so their sound has more or less fully settled by now.

The Final Audio ZE3000/2000 siblings are also on top of the Fokus Pro to my ears, though I don't own a pair.
I saw the victor for 137 and just ordered it. Let see if the hype is real

Oct 11, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #48,169 of 62,350
I saw the victor for 137 and just ordered it. Let see if the hype is real

Wow at 137 its a steal.......Great catch! Just bear in mind the spiral dot pro tips may not be for everyone, be patient to try out your favourite tips to get the best results.

Oct 11, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #48,170 of 62,350
I switched out the eartips on my Galaxy Bud Pros (not the 2 pro) to the eartips from my old Bowers & Wilkins C5B wired earbuds and I really like what they did to the sound. Less splashy in the upper mids, vocals seem more natural and smoother, bass is more defined and bumps a little bit harder without sounding bloated. Did not expect that with such a wide-bore tip but the fit is great with these so it might be that.

It also has the effect of being way more noise isolating than the ones I used before, but strangely enough it's effective enough that activating the ANC seems like it lets in more noise. Can't explain it really, but it's like the ANC gets more effective at reducing low and mid-frequency sounds which makes higher pitched sounds seem more attenuated for some reason than when ANC is off.

Oct 11, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #48,171 of 62,350
Victor's HA-FW1000t still the winner up to today, the Fokus Pro is no match IMHO. The Fokus Pro is more of a easy listening kind, but FW1000 is more on the hi fidelity side of things. I have them for quite some time so their sound has more or less fully settled by now.

The Final Audio ZE3000/2000 siblings are also on top of the Fokus Pro to my ears, though I don't own a pair.
I'm really looking into grabbing a new set of TWS's, is it worth ordering the Victor's for around $250 from Japan over anything else?
I find it interesting that you're rating the ZE3000 over the Fokus Pro that cost more than twice as much as the ZE3000s, and it seems that the opinion on the ZE3000 is way more divided than the Fokus Pro as well.

Oct 11, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #48,172 of 62,350
I'm really looking into grabbing a new set of TWS's, is it worth ordering the Victor's for around $250 from Japan over anything else?
I find it interesting that you're rating the ZE3000 over the Fokus Pro that cost more than twice as much as the ZE3000s, and it seems that the opinion on the ZE3000 is way more divided than the Fokus Pro as well.

Costs means absolutely nothing when it comes to sound quality.........not even really worth to consider for reference.

Oct 11, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #48,173 of 62,350

Kinda skeptical of the FW1000 outclassing the Noble but the other side of the coin since I love the Be driver in the Kenwood so JVC is capable when they try.

The ZE3000 better than the Noble is an interesting clue hear. A few have had both and I don't think I have heard that on Head-fi or elsewhere. You are in the minority there. There is always the ZE8000 though which should be out in short order.

Have you heard more than one Fokus Pro just to make sure there was no issue? Cause I have only heard the JVC/Victor may be close but never a no contest and IIRC, outside of you, I haven't heard any final TWS sounding better than the Noble.

Oct 11, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #48,174 of 62,350
One of the factors that makes me like the GB2Pro is how good it sounds at low volumes. Not being a high volume listener I am not a good judge for sound at higher volumes. I often listen to music at 1/4 or 1/3 volume with 1/2 starting to be my idea of loud.

At those lower volumes I can feel the sub-bass in Hans Zimmer tracks and feel immersed by the music with wonderful detail throughout the audio spectrum.

Rock and Jazz also have lots of detail from vocals, drum kits, and guitars. Every thing just sounds and feels vivid and clear.
Where in Canada did you get them and any deals right now?

Oct 11, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #48,177 of 62,350
Where in Canada did you get them and any deals right now?
I bought mine direct from Samsung, no deal but did a zero percent financing plus free wireless charger.

Best Buy had them on sale for $50 off the other day.

Oct 11, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #48,178 of 62,350
Just picked up the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1+ for $90 Canadian (with tax)...they sound great so far! No anc, but I found a really good fit that it doesn't matter.

Oct 11, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #48,179 of 62,350
Preset and custom EQ available for pixel buds pro now.

AWdl4pu.jpg

vWiFrXl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back