Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 24, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #47,341 of 62,334
so I am using LDAC to connect to my Bluetooth earbuds
according to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDAC_(codec)
"When the codec is set to 16 bits/44.1kHz at 909 kbps (or 16 bits/48kHz at 990 kbps) LDAC can stream lossless audio that is identical in quality to (or slightly higher than) Audio CD."

so if I go into Developer Options and force it to 990/909kbps and 44.1khz 16 bit, does that mean I get lossless bit perfect audio, at least for CD quality ?

Aug 24, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #47,342 of 62,334
That’s funny I was looking at the S8 today as a lower cost option for my UTWS5. How do they compare to your Monarch Mk2?
It's been months since I've had the MK2, but I'd say I prefer the fit and tonality over the MK2. I also prefer the soundstage and instrument separation. But mind you, I'm only using a TWS adapter with them. The MK2 killed my ears after a while. Never have issues with the molded Moondrop IEMs.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #47,343 of 62,334
according to Wikipedia
"When the codec is set to 16 bits/44.1kHz at 909 kbps (or 16 bits/48kHz at 990 kbps) LDAC can stream lossless audio that is identical in quality to (or slightly higher than) Audio CD."

so if I go into Developer Options and force it to 990/909kbps and 44.1khz 16 bit, does that mean I get lossless bit perfect audio, at least for CD quality ?
Bluetooth is NEVER lossless

Aug 24, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #47,344 of 62,334
according to Wikipedia

You know that CD audio is well above 1,000kbps. :) Hence 990kbps can not be bit for bit. LDAC is a lossy codec.

Aug 24, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #47,345 of 62,334
Anyone got the LG T90Q's yet? Looks like this one checks all my boxes.

Aug 24, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #47,346 of 62,334
Anyone got the LG T90Q's yet? Looks like this one checks all my boxes.
Nevermind. Looks bunk. Ordered EX's to see what the hype about.

Aug 24, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #47,347 of 62,334
I am really impressed by Samsung Buds2 Pro. Good ANC, completely 0 background noise and great sound quality. The only downside is that the highest quality codex is only available for Galaxy phones.

I have also used Beyerdynamic Free Byrd. Impressive sound quality and battery life. They are a bit to big and have audible background noise.

Let us know if you get an ear infection please!!

Aug 24, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #47,348 of 62,334
Got the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and these sound really good. A lot better than Galaxy Buds Pro IMO. Sadly these use the proprietary tips. The tips are round in shape but they have a very short stem so no third party tips compatibility.

The bud size is on the smaller side so these are comfortable in ear but without custom tips, it's not a great experience for me. Sound is very balanced with good sub bass. Vocals are forward and treble is just enough. Phone call quality is very good as well. Transparency is very very good, ANC is acceptable and on part with most good buds.

Touch controls are ok for ANC and tracks, but suck for volume control as you have to touch the tip and enable this in advanced settings in the app.

Aug 24, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #47,349 of 62,334
Got the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro and these sound really good. A lot better than Galaxy Buds Pro IMO. Sadly these use the proprietary tips. The tips are round in shape but they have a very short stem so no third party tips compatibility.

The bud size is on the smaller side so these are comfortable in ear but without custom tips, it's not a great experience for me. Sound is very balanced with good sub bass. Vocals are forward and treble is just enough. Phone call quality is very good as well. Transparency is very very good, ANC is acceptable and on part with most good buds.

Touch controls are ok for ANC and tracks, but suck for volume control as you have to touch the tip and enable this in advanced settings in the app.
Is volume control the same as the Buds2 where you can double tap the back of your ear (pushing ear forward to tap the buds) to change volume? I found it really annoying when i was eating as chewing on one side of the mouth would cause inadvertent taps to register on the back part of the Buds and trigger volume changes. I had to disable volume control because of this.

Aug 24, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #47,350 of 62,334
Apparently you have very little experience with a lot of wireless earbuds. The sony xm4 have a smaller case, and the buds are quite a bit bigger. The AZ60 case is like half the size. I had a pair of JBL somethings and their case was smaller than the MTW2 and 3. It's pretty bad that Sennheiser couldn't figure out how to make the case smaller from the 2 to the 3, of which I've had both.

Expand your horizons before making ignorant statements.
No, it's not about thst at all. I have had a few TWS in my time, and the size of the case for any of them has never been an issue in the slightest. Why do you need the MTW3 case to be smaller, that's my question? What do you want to do with it that you can't already?

Aug 24, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #47,351 of 62,334
No, it's not about thst at all. I have had a few TWS in my time, and the size of the case for any of them has never been an issue in the slightest. Why do you need the MTW3 case to be smaller, that's my question? What do you want to do with it that you can't already?
Guess you don't know the big goal for true wireless....
1661375256930.png

...is to fit in this pocket!

Aug 24, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #47,352 of 62,334
Guess you don't know the big goal for true wireless....
1661375256930.png
...is to fit in this pocket!
Until you had it there and it pops out and hits the floor and you go chasing your buds..

Aug 24, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #47,353 of 62,334
Is volume control the same as the Buds2 where you can double tap the back of your ear (pushing ear forward to tap the buds) to change volume? I found it really annoying when i was eating as chewing on one side of the mouth would cause inadvertent taps to register on the back part of the Buds and trigger volume changes. I had to disable volume control because of this.
Yep it's the same sadly....

Aug 24, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #47,354 of 62,334
does the quality really drop by a significant amount? always tempted to try these bluetooth adapters but never got to pull the trigger on them, sometimes just can't deal with cables y'know hahaha
I don't think it drop that much with the UTWS5. The UTWS5 is pretty flat in comparison to my KZ AZ09pro which boost the low end a bit even in default setting. Just make sure you use the AptX adaptive codec.

Aug 24, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #47,355 of 62,334

Users who are viewing this thread

Back