Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 22, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #47,311 of 62,573
MTW3 case way too big? Are you a hobbit or something?

Apparently you have very little experience with a lot of wireless earbuds. The sony xm4 have a smaller case, and the buds are quite a bit bigger. The AZ60 case is like half the size. I had a pair of JBL somethings and their case was smaller than the MTW2 and 3. It's pretty bad that Sennheiser couldn't figure out how to make the case smaller from the 2 to the 3, of which I've had both.

Expand your horizons before making ignorant statements.

Aug 22, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #47,312 of 62,573
The sound you're describing, I hear on my Sennheiser, Sony's, Apple AAP, Bose QC's/SoundSports/Soundsports Free's, M&D's, B&W's..and others...
There is no panacea here..

There is no magic bullet - expensive or not!
My experiences lead me to believe that all amplification and speaker systems add some color to sound. The question becomes what piece of gear colors the sound in a way that is pleasing to my ear!! What gear is best at fooling my ears to thinking I’m in a studio or at the foot of a stage!

Aug 23, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #47,313 of 62,573
Anyone seen these rumored Bose QC 2 pics yet? Not sure if real, somehow I can't imagine Bose dropping the StayHear tips ...

IF they end up having God Tier ANC - take my money please :D

more over at https://www.xda-developers.com/bose-quietcomfort-earbuds-ii-leak/

Bose-QuietComfort-Earbuds-II-earbuds-case-and-accessories-on-white-background_jpg__1182×890_.jpgImgur__The_magic_of_the_Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #47,314 of 62,573
Aug 23, 2022 at 11:44 AM Post #47,315 of 62,573
Some sort of early April Fool's joke??? A small and ergonomically well shaped BOSE true wireless? Nah! Can't be.
Ha yeah although I have to say mine have functioned flawlessly and the NC is superior to everything else in my collection with the possible exception of the Sony XM3

Aug 23, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #47,316 of 62,573
So I have $75 of Amazone gift money available. Based on Amazon only availability what would be a worthwhile TWS to consider. Budget limitation of $150Cad. I can get the Soundcore L3P for $150 so that one I am thinking of. Is there any other good choice for that price range or lower?

I love my Linkbuds S and they are my daily driver. I am wanting something that will have amazing 3D imaging or a more dynamic bigger sound as an alternative. It would be nice to have an app and things like ANC but since the Linkbuds do all that these feature are less important.

To help rule out some usual suspects I already own or have owned:
In Between Pro
Galaxy Buds Pro
Sennheiser CX400
Sony WF-1000XM3
Jabra Elite 3 and 7

Might be some more but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Not willing to spring the big bucks on the new Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, would love to try the WF-1000XM4 just to see if my thoughts on them are accurate or not but can't afford that high a price tag just to satisfy curiosity.

I looked to see if I could get the Tinbud 3 but not available through Amazon Canada yet :frowning2:.

How about LG FP9 I can get one through the outlets store for under $150? NVM apparently has major cosmetic damage. So a no go for me...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #47,317 of 62,573
So I have $75 of Amazone gift money available. Based on Amazon only availability what would be a worthwhile TWS to consider. Budget limitation of $150Cad. I can get the Soundcore L3P for $150 so that one I am thinking of. Is there any other good choice for that price range or lower?

I love my Linkbuds S and they are my daily driver. I am wanting something that will have amazing 3D imaging or a more dynamic bigger sound as an alternative. It would be nice to have an app and things like ANC but since the Linkbuds do all that these feature are less important.

To help rule out some usual suspects I already own or have owned:
In Between Pro
Galaxy Buds Pro
Sennheiser CX400
Sony WF-1000XM3
Jabra Elite 3 and 7

Might be some more but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Not willing to spring the big bucks on the new Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, would love to try the WF-1000XM4 just to see if my thoughts on them are accurate or not but can't afford that high a price tag just to satisfy curiosity.

I looked to see if I could get the Tinbud 3 but not available through Amazon Canada yet :frowning2:.

How about LG FP9 I can get one through the outlets store for under $150? NVM apparently has major cosmetic damage. So a no go for me...
i think you answered your own question ... I am very happy to have the L3P in my stable, even though i was, as usual, late to the party. Not sure about the 3D imaging, but I find them to be very dynamic, and they get some extra shine when I hood them up to my LDAC player ...

Aug 23, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #47,322 of 62,573
Aug 23, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #47,324 of 62,573
Need to find a new IEM to use with my UTWS5. I tried my Monarch Mk2 with my new Gryphon and decided to keep them wired :)

Any thoughts? :)
Fiio FH9 works great with my UTWS5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back