Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 21, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #47,296 of 62,012
the thing is that theres also the CCA BTX which seems to be very similar to the AZ09 pro, both having the QCC3040 chip,

But the CCA appears to be aptx only while the AZ 09 pro is APTX adaptive.

BTW. how is the KZ cable connector called and what brands support it apart from KZ and CCA ?
If the KZ AZ09 Pro were AptX Adaptive, it would advertise this trademark under a license. It is AptX/LL. It is not AptX Adaptive nor AptXHD. It does advertise "High Definition" AptX...but this is marketing 101. Play of words. Easy to verify on my BTA30Pro in TX mode. If it were AptXHD, the indicator light would glow YELLOW. However, it glows PURPLE...meaning AptX.
That being said, I use my modded AZ09 Pro's (C to B pin mod) with my S12's most every day and have had excellent results across the board for the better part of 2022.
For the LL mode...three successive clicks to the RIGHT earhook button
For Power mode...three successive clicks to the LEFT earhook button. This mode I often use with the S12 to bring out the bass in this planar. Power mode does reduce the battery life by 15%...but this is from what is already ample battery life on the earhook (~8 hrs).

Aug 21, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #47,297 of 62,012
They called it WHAT?
4BBCA665-54A8-4C2A-81C2-13616BC2C8FD.jpeg

Aug 21, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #47,298 of 62,012
Went on a trip recently and brought both the MTW3 and the AZ60 of which I love both.

But I did a lot of going back and forth between them like 30 min with one pair and then 20 min with the other.

Without a doubt I prefer the MTW3 sound a bit more. It's noticeable. I love the AZ60's so it's not a bad thing. But the Senn sound is just a bit more robust and dynamic.

The MTW3 case is way too big though. AZ60 battery life is better, even though I can use AptX with my P6P phone now.

Aug 21, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #47,299 of 62,012
Went on a trip recently and brought both the MTW3 and the AZ60 of which I love both.

But I did a lot of going back and forth between them like 30 min with one pair and then 20 min with the other.

Without a doubt I prefer the MTW3 sound a bit more. It's noticeable. I love the AZ60's so it's not a bad thing. But the Senn sound is just a bit more robust and dynamic.

The MTW3 case is way too big though. AZ60 battery life is better, even though I can use AptX with my P6P phone now.
MTW3 case way too big? Are you a hobbit or something?

Aug 21, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #47,300 of 62,012
Tinbuds 3 arrived today. Funky swivel top case that doesn’t feel like it will last as long as the buds themselves. I’m really digging the sound. The highs are crystal sparkly but can get sibilant on older recordings. The mids are nicely forward and are where the instrument placement and separation took my breath away. The bass is full and precise with no bloat. The separation at the bottom is so clear that you can hear the bass and the drums lock into each other to become a rhythm section. Might turn off some bass heads but I’m one and the precision is awesome. Stock tips are perfect for me. The buds are IEM gorgeous. The packaging is Tin’s usual spare presentation but just like their IEMs these are breathtaking value.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #47,301 of 62,012
How is the app and the fit for the Victor? I've heard bad things way back in this chain. Thoughts? I'm a huge fan of the Fokus (as are a bunch of other folks on this chain) and I listen to many different genres, not K-Pop though. Never had an issue, nor have I been disappointed thus far. I EQ them accordingly, which isn't much.

There's no app for the Victor but the touch controls work perfectly even without. I never see the point of having EQ in the app if the buds are well tuned, so I don't miss any in-app EQ on the Victor.

For fit the Fokus pro handily wins, the Victor is heavier and u'd need some time to try out different ips and adapt, Fokus is a natural CIEM-like fit even with its stock tips.

Great thing you are enjoying the Fokus pro, I'm also happy to keep them in my rotation for a change sometimes when I need bigger bass.

Aug 22, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #47,302 of 62,012
I am really impressed by Samsung Buds2 Pro. Good ANC, completely 0 background noise and great sound quality. The only downside is that the highest quality codex is only available for Galaxy phones.

I have also used Beyerdynamic Free Byrd. Impressive sound quality and battery life. They are a bit to big and have audible background noise.

Aug 22, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #47,303 of 62,012
I am really impressed by Samsung Buds2 Pro. Good ANC, completely 0 background noise and great sound quality. The only downside is that the highest quality codex is only available for Galaxy phones.

I have also used Beyerdynamic Free Byrd. Impressive sound quality and battery life. They are a bit to big and have audible background noise.
how did you get the buds 2 pro? I thought official release isn't until later?

Aug 22, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #47,305 of 62,012
I’ve been A/B ing the Tinbuds 3 overnight. They make everything else sound muddy to me in comparison. This includes my Fokus Pro, Free Byrds, MTW3, and xm4s. This is IEM precision, separation, imaging. I can hear fingers pluck and stop the bass strings - leaving no doubt that there is a human being physically playing it. They reveal production with beauty or warts. There’s no hiding. Wow. $90. Just wow. But I don’t know how to carry or protect that stupid case.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #47,306 of 62,012
I’ve been A/B ing the Tinbuds 3 overnight. They make everything else sound muddy to me in comparison. This includes my Fokus Pro, Free Byrds, MTW3, and xm4s. This is IEM precision, separation, imaging. I can hear fingers pluck and stop the bass strings - leaving no doubt that there is a human being physically playing it. They reveal production with beauty or warts. There’s no hiding. Wow. $90. Just wow. But I don’t know how to carry or protect that stupid case.
The sound you're describing, I hear on my Sennheiser, Sony's, Apple AAP, Bose QC's/SoundSports/Soundsports Free's, M&D's, B&W's..and others...
There is no panacea here..

Aug 22, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #47,308 of 62,012
Don't take me wrong, I'm happy you found some TWS you really like for $90.
Sounds like a great deal..,

Aug 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #47,309 of 62,012
The sound you're describing, I hear on my Sennheiser, Sony's, Apple AAP, Bose QC's/SoundSports/Soundsports Free's, M&D's, B&W's..and others...
There is no panacea here..

Yeah, sadly many/most tws will have some noise if you listen really carefully. I've just always accepted that for TWS earphones.

Aug 22, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #47,310 of 62,012
I put a tactical rubber band around the earbud cases and then put them in a soft case. I’m very accident prone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back