Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 31, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #46,997 of 62,472
This is not the first to do it and of course this will probably work out just as well(or not so well). Think Sony or BOSE ANC will struggle with no real isolation. Of course these do not have BOSE or SONY level ANC. I think we know that for sure.

Jul 31, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #46,998 of 62,472
In that case, you might also look into Nuarl (a Japanese company rather than a Chinese brand). I didn't see that name in your signature. While I can't speak for any of the new models, I have the N6 Pro, and they are fantastic in an almost wired IEM way. But, keep in mind that the signature for these is not the typical TWS tuning, nor does it have any extra features. These are more reference tuned, and have physical buttons on them (same buttons on both sides).

To help you decided whether you might like the sound of these or not, I was looking for sound quality ONLY with these (which these definitely have in spades), and I wanted something reference sounding, with lots of micro-details. They do NOT have a boosted bass at all; not flat either, more neutral, jut not boosted in a Harmon curve sort of way.

Bottom line is that if you are looking for more analytical sound (with a bit of fun), these are for you. If you are looking for fun and lively tuning, these might not be your cup of tea. BTW, sound quality of the mic (I have been told) is excellent. Just no ANC or ambient mode, these are simply IEMs with a TWS connection (AptX or AAC IIRC).
Big +1 on the N6P! They were actually my first TWS and I still wear them at the gym. I also have them paired to my Amazon fire stick that I take when i travel. I have my HiBy LDAC buds paired to my Nvidia shield at home for watching movies

Jul 31, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #46,999 of 62,472
Very curious about this claim. They basically look like AirPods 3 (they are called the Storm 3) but with ANC? Hmmmm … tempting. Let’s see if anyone has reviewed them yet.

5D366205-4668-4EE5-9087-76DF79BAD615.jpeg

Must be really amazing ANC to work with no real passive NC! :p

the last time i tried this type of open back ANC was my friend's Huawei Freebuds 4, and i got to say it has impressive ANC for open back, and also has a nice sound signature. the only minus for me is the short battery life.

compared to the Samsung buds live which has a nice battery life, it has a good ANC, but i can only get it to work if i push it slightly with my fingers and hold it in place... the second i took my fingers off the ANC would be useless.

I'm curious about the baseus, but i never heard any of their previous products before

Jul 31, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #47,000 of 62,472
Few days with the EX and I will write little about them later, but I have a question. My unit defaults to ANC on everytime I place them in to the case. Also I think the call setting changes.

Is this a known bug that everyone has?
It’s not a bug, it’s a feature :D
The ex default in anc mode, yes. Unfortunately you can’t change that in the app settings (yet)

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #47,001 of 62,472
It’s not a bug, it’s a feature :D
The ex default in anc mode, yes. Unfortunately you can’t change that in the app settings (yet)
🤯 Nice feature 😬 Forcing you to use ANC thats almost nonexistent and making your battery drain 25% faster for it.

Sounds like a smart feature. Has B&O commented on this?

I think on a product of this price level, the tolerance for some weird/buggy behaviour is super low. Especially on a simple thing like this.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:53 AM Post #47,002 of 62,472
Very curious about this claim. They basically look like AirPods 3 (they are called the Storm 3) but with ANC? Hmmmm … tempting. Let’s see if anyone has reviewed them yet.

5D366205-4668-4EE5-9087-76DF79BAD615.jpeg

the last time i tried this type of open back ANC was my friend's Huawei Freebuds 4, and i got to say it has impressive ANC for open back, and also has a nice sound signature. the only minus for me is the short battery life.

compared to the Samsung buds live which has a nice battery life, it has a good ANC, but i can only get it to work if i push it slightly with my fingers and hold it in place... the second i took my fingers off the ANC would be useless.

I'm curious about the baseus, but i never heard any of their previous products before

I for my part am curious about the new JBL Tune Flex, which offer different tips for open and closed usage plus 6 levels of ANC to fit different usage scenarios:

download (2).jpg

https://www.hifi.blog/jbl-tune-flex-with-new-jbl-sound-fit-technology/

Aug 1, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #47,004 of 62,472

Totally forgot about the buds live beans. Yep, semi in ear and I like their anc. Or anr :wink: fir me it works well.

Aug 1, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #47,006 of 62,472
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #47,007 of 62,472
"Mom & Pop shop?!"

tumblr_m584s8UYMY1r350zq.gif

Ok OK

But we wear it well

Screenshot_20220624-020335_Chrome.jpg

The photo is me during the tuning process. I am grinning because I was surprised by how easy the process is with DSP compared to analog methods.
-DSP is a game changer-
I haven’t tried the ANCs but I did get the FoKus Pro. The sound is absolutely astonishing with Acoustune tips. Blows away my B&O Eq and Devialet Geminis and sounds damned near as good as my JH Lola’s

Aug 1, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #47,008 of 62,472
I haven’t tried the ANCs but I did get the FoKus Pro. The sound is absolutely astonishing with Acoustune tips. Blows away my B&O Eq and Devialet Geminis and sounds damned near as good as my JH Lola’s
I'm excited about these. Mine arrive Wednesday. When I listened to the sultan and then these at canjam, if I wasn't paying attention I could barely tell a difference. Which in my opinion is nice to have especially in a tws.

Aug 1, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #47,009 of 62,472

Quality parts + dsp = surprisingly good sound without a cable

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 1, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #47,010 of 62,472
Really surprised. Are you still using them with the TW2 or is the FiiO a better fit? Might snag the UTWS5 again for my arsenal.
Hey @erockg! Thanks so much for recommending the UTSW5 + Monarch Mk2 combo. The sound is just as amazing as you said it would be.

I’m surprised you got rid of your -5s. I have my UTWS3 collecting dust in a drawer at the moment because I have no IEMs other than JH Lola and those don’t fit in that case.

P.s. I’m listening to a DSD128 Queen album from iPhone -> iFi xDSD -> JH Lola (balanced cable) right now and it sounds pretty amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back