Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 2, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #47,026 of 62,492
Regarding the new Pixel Buds Pro. I spent some time last night. They are extremely comfortable, I am going to have to tip roll, because short nozzles always give some issue, my ear hole opening is large. I could use one size larger than L.

I have watched a couple of reviews. It is almost as if the reviewers are all reviewing a different product. Part of this could be, Google bias and folks don't have high expectations. The other part is most of the reviewers are the new breed of pandemic reviewers, make your own decision about confidence level of their reviews.

My experience was really above average last night. I think once the additional features, such as EQ, are added to the experience, Google could have a hit on their hands. More to come...

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #47,027 of 62,492
Regarding the new Pixel Buds Pro. I spent some time last night. They are extremely comfortable, I am going to have to tip roll, because short nozzles always give some issue, my ear hole opening is large. I could use one size larger than L.

I have watched a couple of reviews. It is almost as if the reviewers are all reviewing a different product. Part of this could be, Google bias and folks don't have high expectations. The other part is most of the reviewers are the new breed of pandemic reviewers, make your own decision about confidence level of their reviews.

My experience was really above average last night. I think once the additional features, such as EQ, are added to the experience, Google could have a hit on their hands. More to come...
Nice to hear because, yeah, reviews have been weirdly mixed. Mine remain unopened for now!

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #47,028 of 62,492

I would agree; they sound great, feel great, and I love the swipe functionality for volume. My only gripes thus far are they still wiggle out of my ears over time (will try more tips), and they ruin some calls horribly for some reason.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #47,029 of 62,492
Thank you - I'm getting it more often than not; about every other try. :frowning2:
I get this with my B&O EX almost every time I put them in. If they didn't sound so good it would really bother me. But I do what was mentioned earlier - I put the one that didn't connect back in the case for a few seconds, take it back out, pop it in my ear and then hear the beep that it connected. I don't know what the story is. Obviously if they're charging then it isn't a physical connection issue. I have no idea what causes it but for buds so expensive, this should REALLY not be happening to so many of us.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #47,030 of 62,492
I get this with my B&O EX almost every time I put them in. If they didn't sound so good it would really bother me. But I do what was mentioned earlier - I put the one that didn't connect back in the case for a few seconds, take it back out, pop it in my ear and then hear the beep that it connected. I don't know what the story is. Obviously if they're charging then it isn't a physical connection issue. I have no idea what causes it but for buds so expensive, this should REALLY not be happening to so many of us.
Hoping a firmware update fixes it...

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #47,032 of 62,492
Thank you - I'm getting it more often than not; about every other try. :frowning2:
I LOVE the EX but I had to give up on them, because their quality control and cases are horrible. Who makes a case where, when using the supplied comply tips, doesn't fit in the case. Also, mine just randomly turn on in the case as well. I never thought I would go to Sony, but I did and they are 1000X better in every aspect, except slightly less amazing in sound quality. Get it together Bang and Olufsen

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #47,033 of 62,492
I’ve had that happen with my Fokus more than once. I’ve taken to waiting a few seconds after opening the case before taking the buds out. Usually let the blue lights come on first; once powered on I take them out and I haven’t had connection issue since. Just a thought.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #47,034 of 62,492
I’ve had that happen with my Fokus more than once. I’ve taken to waiting a few seconds after opening the case before taking the buds out. Usually let the blue lights come on first; once powered on I take them out and I haven’t had connection issue since. Just a thought.
Oh that's interesting. Thank you for sharing that. I don't think I've ever delayed removing them from the case after opening the lid. I'll definitely try that in the next few days!

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #47,035 of 62,492
Interesting - will also try this.
Thanks for posting.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #47,036 of 62,492
Few days with the EX and I will write little about them later, but I have a question. My unit defaults to ANC on everytime I place them in to the case. Also I think the call setting changes.

Is this a known bug that everyone has?
They always start with ANC when you take them out of the case. Annoying in the beginning, but I got quickly used to it....

Aug 2, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #47,037 of 62,492
YMMV on the Pixel Buds Pro. Totally uncomfortable for me with terrible fitment. Similar issues I had with the Grell Audio TWS. Stem is too short and housing body too large/bulbous and I can't comfortably get a seal. The Buds 2/A fit perfectly for me and looking at them side-by-side you can clearly see the differences in stem length and housing shape.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #47,038 of 62,492
So far, so good with this method! On the way home tonight as I was waiting for my train to depart, I took my B&O EX out of my bag, opened the case and let it sit there for roughly 5 seconds, then popped the buds in my ears. They both connected immediately. I'll try again in the morning but this might be the answer. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #47,039 of 62,492
I do something similar with mine except I open the case and then nudge both earphones and let the magnets pull them back down, and then the lights light up and I then pull them out. They connect every time after that. It was the only thing that bugged me about them, but this works every time.

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #47,040 of 62,492
I found a deal on some Ebay refurbished Linkbuds in case anyone is interested. At this price I'm going to give them a whirl, and they have free returns if they don't suit me.

I agree with your description of the Galaxy Buds Live of them being too bass heavy and lacking details.

I tried the Soundpeats Air3 and really liked the dynamic, detailed, forward sound, and they seemed to really try to get some bass response, but as typical of a earbud with a stem and no silicone ear tip they fell short there. I placed some foam covers over them that gave them a lot more bass, but I think it went a bit too far with too much bass. Plus, they wouldn't fit in the case with the foam covers on anyway.

Sony LinkBuds Truly Wireless Earbuds $82 EBAY REFURBISHED / sale price $82 / MRSP $180
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313939292787

These are now going for $69.99.
I'm happy with mine that I received from secondipity on ebay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back