Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 24, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #46,861 of 62,298
I’m cycling through all the gems in my jewel box and am spending some quality time with my FoKus Pros. They are so sweet and every time I wear them I forget all the others!
But… was there ever a firmware update? I don’t find anything about a firmware check in the app and I can’t get the answer from Google!
Thanks as always
Never saw an update for all the time I owned them. I did get an update for the Falcon ANC when I had them. That bud uses it's own Falcon ANC app.

Jul 24, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #46,863 of 62,298
To add, the noise isolation of the EX leaves something to be desired. And this is with me tip rolling with Azylas and Spinfit.
It's truly nonexistent; I have a hard time telling the difference between anc and nothing. Returning soon 😅

Jul 24, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #46,864 of 62,298
Interesting you say this. Win11 (future state) and android 13 beta will have LC3 baked in.

TWS or Headsets only offer mono audio if using a mic, unless some combination of RF & Bluetooth is used by manufacturer that allows two way stereo to work. That combination generally only works on PC or Mac, (requires USB dongle or hub) leaving the smartphone/device audience left out with horribly sounding calls (voip/etc).

If LE audio offers better battery's for those Bluetooth devices, less charging is a win

If that process can be consolidated into a single Bluetooth codecs (allowing usage in W11/android/iOS) I see a large market.

Personally waiting for a TWS that offer low latency (lower then aptx-ll, my current driver). If I get better battery and better sound that's icing on the cake.
If you have a Samsung phone, using Galaxy Buds Pro with Samsung scalable Codec, gaming mode and turn off a2dp hardware offload in developer settings, there is NO noticeable lag whatsoever. I mean Call of Duty shots sound and trigger pull are totally in sync!

Jul 24, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #46,865 of 62,298
To add, the noise isolation of the EX leaves something to be desired. And this is with me tip rolling with Azylas and Spinfit.
It's truly nonexistent; I have a hard time telling the difference between anc and nothing. Returning soon 😅
Awful for sure. Which is surprising because the EQ are actually decent. But the EX destroys it in sound quality. Fit and sound of the EX is just plain awesome IMO.

Jul 25, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #46,866 of 62,298
Size comparison between pixel buds pro and Sony xm4.

The Sony case is shorter but thicker and longer than the pixel buds pro case.
BZspeYw.jpg

V4irvhf.jpg

The pixel buds pro is much smaller than the Sony. The official photos make the pixel buds pro look bigger as they are taken on the side which is actually a long wide nozzle that goes into the ear.
NolMB4l.jpg

JlLUO4E.jpg

The battery life so far is pretty impressive. 1 hour with adaptive ANC on uses about 10-15% battery life, Google's claims about the battery life looks to be holding up.

I use this EQ setting on my Samsung phone to tame the bass and the slightly hot treble.
2qE4cZ4.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #46,868 of 62,298
Good day my freind's need a bit of advice?
Im a total die hard Audiophile Basshead who owns some nice wired iem's including Mest Mk2,EE Bravado mk2 Several IMR Ect.. I have some cheap TWS and absaloutly love the ease of use! So i have decided to pick up a pair of the TOTL TWS. I have the list down to
Noble Fokus Pro
Senn MTW3
Sony X4's
B&W P17
Technics AZ60
As i say im a pure basshead but also an audiophile at heart so other than well textured,deep deep Sub-bass i also want some lush midrange with great resolution & Clarity and well extended treble with some nice sparkle & air with good micro detail retrevial. Also i would like a good soundstage with very good instrument seperation.
One last question in general? With average use how long would the batteries last in TWS Buds & Case with average usage(a couple hours a day 4-5 days a week)? The reason I ask is paying £329 for the Fokus Pro(my no1) and after a year or so the battery begins to go downhill and not holding charge like they once did! If this is the case it may be better to get 2 or 3 midrange models like the Lypertek Z3 2.0, FILL ect...

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #46,870 of 62,298
The rtings review / measurements of the Sennheiser MTW3 is online btw. Just in case someone is interested:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/momentum-true-wireless-3

Pretty favourable, all things considered, and one of the better TWS results there. The treble measures pretty bad there, though. Haven't noticed that much in real life but there's always the EQ treble slider in the app :wink:

Edit: It's even "the best" they have tested yet.

See:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/wireless-bluetooth-earbuds-in-ear-headphones

They haven't tested many great ones yet, though (e.g. the EX or the Free Byrd amongst others).

Still, pretty good around result for the MTW3.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #46,871 of 62,298
Size comparison between pixel buds pro and Sony xm4.

The Sony case is shorter but thicker and longer than the pixel buds pro case.
BZspeYw.jpg

V4irvhf.jpg

The pixel buds pro is much smaller than the Sony. The official photos make the pixel buds pro look bigger as they are taken on the side which is actually a long wide nozzle that goes into the ear.
NolMB4l.jpg

JlLUO4E.jpg

The battery life so far is pretty impressive. 1 hour with adaptive ANC on uses about 10-15% battery life, Google's claims about the battery life looks to be holding up.

I use this EQ setting on my Samsung phone to tame the bass and the slightly hot treble.
2qE4cZ4.jpg
Thanks for these posts! I pre-ordered with a 10% discount but they're not due to ship before 8/1. I'm seduced by all the Google tech claims (custom processors, etc), hoping for stand-out ANC, or stand-out anything for that matter, but I'm guessing that, hype aside, these won't be better than the Technics az60s I have. I'm happy you have the Sonys to compare with, looking forward to thoughts there, in particular how their call clarity is in comparison.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #46,873 of 62,298
Im a total die hard Audiophile Basshead who owns some nice wired iem's including Mest Mk2,EE Bravado mk2 Several IMR Ect.. I have some cheap TWS and absaloutly love the ease of use! So i have decided to pick up a pair of the TOTL TWS. I have the list down to
Noble Fokus Pro
Senn MTW3
Sony X4's
B&W P17
Technics AZ60
As i say im a pure basshead but also an audiophile at heart so other than well textured,deep deep Sub-bass i also want some lush midrange with great resolution & Clarity and well extended treble with some nice sparkle & air with good micro detail retrevial. Also i would like a good soundstage with very good instrument seperation.
One last question in general? With average use how long would the batteries last in TWS Buds & Case with average usage(a couple hours a day 4-5 days a week)? The reason I ask is paying £329 for the Fokus Pro(my no1) and after a year or so the battery begins to go downhill and not holding charge like they once did! If this is the case it may be better to get 2 or 3 midrange models like the Lypertek Z3 2.0, FILL ect...
Allow me to add that the battery life on the FoKus Pro is terrific. Definitely better than the PI7.

Edit: and yes, they are bass canons

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #46,874 of 62,298
Noble Fokus Pro
Senn MTW3
Sony X4's
B&W P17
Technics AZ60
If you're an audiophile and want the best sound on your list, go with the NFP. 3 driver. Beautiful soundstage, clarity and punch. That said, I'm using the Noble Fokus H-ANC for the last 4 days and they're and incredible value. I'd say 80-85% of what the Pro are and they fit perfect. Do a search on here too via the upper left. We've all been talking about the ones one your list since the dawn of time :beerchug:

Jul 25, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #46,875 of 62,298
Can someone explain to me, in layman’s terms, what’s up with Nura’s claim of lossless audio? They make it sound they re-invented the wheel …
EE76C9A5-AA5B-429C-A5F6-F0F630EA675C.jpeg

PersonaLLy - i Don't care. But wait... since the NuRATRuE for me have: good enough "personaLized" sound; good enough "sociaL mode"; good enough ANC; good enough app and...(this one wiLL be puzzLing) - since i Have them for a one year time yet, i'Ve never even thought about buying other TWS (honestLy, iT's not entireLy true: i bought one more NuRATRuE in a good bargain, as a backup one, reaLLy!).

But what then... So....

....There iS one LittLe thing, and i Reserve that this iS my opinion as a strictLy jungLe drum & BaSSHEaD.... The LittLe thing, idea, which fuLLy deserves NobLe, PuLLitzer, Grammy award, any prize (You name iT): The abiLity of controL THE BaSS ("immersion") from the earbuds touch paneL (!!!) For me: This iS simpLy pure goLd... No, wait - there iS more (???!!!): i Forgot about HiGH GAiN! They are tremendousLy Louuuuud! :)

Once again - i Don't care iTs LossLes or not - i'M sure NuRATRuE PRO wiLL not disappoint me anyway, i Was just waiting for muLtipoint and Longer working time. aLso i Can Live without wireLess charging, but i Won't be picky since they give iT anyway :)

Sorry, caipirina, that i Was so far from the main topic :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back