Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 25, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #46,877 of 62,596
So did anyone try the YAMAHA TW-E7B yet? I had them for a few days (made a thread actually) till the right driver died. I quite enjoyed them and will probably buy them again when they are on special again (Amazon wouldn't offer a replacement, just a refund).

Jul 25, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #46,878 of 62,596
So did anyone try the YAMAHA TW-E7B yet? I had them for a few days (made a thread actually) till the right driver died. I quite enjoyed them and will probably buy them again when they are on special again (Amazon wouldn't offer a replacement, just a refund).
Yup. Had them but sold due to fit issues. Similar to the Beyerdynamic Free Byrd fit issues I had. They did sound great though, not as good as the Free Byrd imo.

Jul 25, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #46,879 of 62,596
Thanks for these posts! I pre-ordered with a 10% discount but they're not due to ship before 8/1. I'm seduced by all the Google tech claims (custom processors, etc), hoping for stand-out ANC, or stand-out anything for that matter, but I'm guessing that, hype aside, these won't be better than the Technics az60s I have. I'm happy you have the Sonys to compare with, looking forward to thoughts there, in particular how their call clarity is in comparison.
Haven't had much chance to try calls with it yet. The ANC is currently in adaptive mode, until the app is out which may allow turning off the adaptive mode, I can't say definitively how effective it is. It is actively adjusting the level of ANC and transparency, for eg, if there's a vehicle passing by, the mic will pick it up and let in the sound of the vehicle through, presumably for safety. If I'm in a quiet environment, I can tell that the ANC is turned off automatically.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #46,880 of 62,596
Reading some anecdotes about the Pixel Buds Pro vs Pixel Buds 2/A and it sounds like comparatively speaking the low volume issues are fixed. It looks like we'll also get LC3 codec support with Android 13.

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #46,881 of 62,596
If you're an audiophile and want the best sound on your list, go with the NFP. 3 driver. Beautiful soundstage, clarity and punch. That said, I'm using the Noble Fokus H-ANC for the last 4 days and they're and incredible value. I'd say 80-85% of what the Pro are and they fit perfect. Do a search on here too via the upper left. We've all been talking about the ones one your list since the dawn of time :beerchug:
But are the H-Anc above the mtw3? You tried both so I would be curious.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #46,882 of 62,596
PersonaLLy - i Don't care. But wait... since the NuRATRuE for me have: good enough "personaLized" sound; good enough "sociaL mode"; good enough ANC; good enough app and...(this one wiLL be puzzLing) - since i Have them for a one year time yet, i'Ve never even thought about buying other TWS (honestLy, iT's not entireLy true: i bought one more NuRATRuE in a good bargain, as a backup one, reaLLy!).

But what then... So....

....There iS one LittLe thing, and i Reserve that this iS my opinion as a strictLy jungLe drum & BaSSHEaD.... The LittLe thing, idea, which fuLLy deserves NobLe, PuLLitzer, Grammy award, any prize (You name iT): The abiLity of controL THE BaSS ("immersion") from the earbuds touch paneL (!!!) For me: This iS simpLy pure goLd... No, wait - there iS more (???!!!): i Forgot about HiGH GAiN! They are tremendousLy Louuuuud! :)

Once again - i Don't care iTs LossLes or not - i'M sure NuRATRuE PRO wiLL not disappoint me anyway, i Was just waiting for muLtipoint and Longer working time. aLso i Can Live without wireLess charging, but i Won't be picky since they give iT anyway :)

Sorry, caipirina, that i Was so far from the main topic :wink:
I became dizzy reading your post lol

Jul 25, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #46,883 of 62,596
But are the H-Anc above the mtw3? You tried both so I would be curious.
Sound, yes, but not ANC. I also prefer the fit of the H-ANC. But they do not have wireless charging like the MTW3. I had the MTW3 twice and returned them. I just can't get into the Sennie TWS sound sig.

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #46,885 of 62,596
Bought Senn' white MTW3 for $80 yesterday. On Elkjop, Norwegian webshop. Pretty cheap :)
Wow, if that actually ever gets shipped and wasn't just a mistake on their side...then congrats! :D

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #46,887 of 62,596
It says estimated delivery tomorrow, so just have to wait and see :)
Any idea why they sold it for a price that low?

Jul 26, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #46,889 of 62,596
Bought Senn' white MTW3 for $80 yesterday. On Elkjop, Norwegian webshop. Pretty cheap :)
Damn, that's a steal! I think it's obviously an error on their part (it's back up to normal price now anyway), but I hope they uphold their side of the deal even if it was an error.

I had a similar thing happen with the MTW2s where they were accidentally lowered by half here in Sweden and the store tried to fight me and say that I wouldn't get them for that price, but after a bit of a struggle they knew that they were ****ed and were kinda forced to sell them at that price.

Jul 26, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #46,890 of 62,596
I should have some Free Byrd's gliding in around Thursday. Have kept my expectations low, hope to be surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back