Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 26, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #46,891 of 62,431
I should have some Free Byrd's gliding in around Thursday. Have kept my expectations low, hope to be surprised.
If they fit your ear and stay put (and you try out the sound personalization properly), I think you will be positively surprised :wink:

Jul 26, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #46,892 of 62,431
Sound, yes, but not ANC. I also prefer the fit of the H-ANC. But they do not have wireless charging like the MTW3. I had the MTW3 twice and returned them. I just can't get into the Sennie TWS sound sig.
Same here for the MTW3’s. ANC is pretty good and the sound is also not bad, but I just don't enjoy it. Sounds a bit dull / too laid back to me, especially vocals. Going to sell them.

B&O EX on the other hand are much nicer soundwise with really enjoyable vocals. But here the ANC is so poor that commuting with these is really not an option for me, too much distraction with all the noises around me.

Why can't we have the best of both worlds?😋

Jul 26, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #46,893 of 62,431
I don't think the ANC is "poor" on the EX, it is mediocre IMO. I do notice it is slow to kick-in, a few seconds. I do not commute with them so I could see with that use, yes maybe not good. While the design lends to comfort, I am not so sure it lends itself to passive noise cancellation or isolation. The Comply tips can help. ANC effectiveness will depend on your usage needs, situations etc.

If ANC is the most important feature to someone, there are obvious better, well chronicled options. Sony and Bose.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #46,894 of 62,431
I don't think the ANC is "poor" on the EX, it is mediocre IMO. I do notice it is slow to kick-in, a few seconds. I do not commute with them so I could see with that use, yes maybe not good. While the design lends to comfort, I am not so sure it lends itself to passive noise cancellation or isolation. The Comply tips can help. ANC will depend on your usage needs, situations etc.

If ANC is the most important feature to someone, there are obvious better, well chronicled options. Sony and Bose.
I also think ANC is mediocre on the EX and passive isolation (due to design mainly) is quite poor, honestly. Not an ideal combination for commuting at all.

The MTW3 have very good ANC as well as really good passive isolation. They also barely leak any sound to the outside at all (look at the rtings test for that). So, the MTW3 are, imo, very good TWS for commuting.

I tend to also like the sound of them very much. Not as good as the EX or the Free Byrd but they are pretty much an extremely good allround package to me.

Jul 26, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #46,895 of 62,431
I don't think the ANC is "poor" on the EX, it is mediocre IMO. I do notice it is slow to kick-in, a few seconds. I do not commute with them so I could see with that use, yes maybe not good. While the design lends to comfort, I am not so sure it lends itself to passive noise cancellation or isolation. The Comply tips can help. ANC will depend on your usage needs, situations etc.

Had the XM4's, ANC is good (although not much better than MTW3 in my opinion) but average sound quality.
Also had MTW3 and AZ60, both not bad and better than XM4 in sound quality, but still leave something to be desired.
EX the best so far except for ANC.

Sound quality is most important for me but also need good ANC.
The search continues..

Jul 26, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #46,897 of 62,431
Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #46,898 of 62,431
Jul 26, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #46,900 of 62,431
Damn, that's a steal! I think it's obviously an error on their part (it's back up to normal price now anyway), but I hope they uphold their side of the deal even if it was an error.

I had a similar thing happen with the MTW2s where they were accidentally lowered by half here in Sweden and the store tried to fight me and say that I wouldn't get them for that price, but after a bit of a struggle they knew that they were ****ed and were kinda forced to sell them at that price.
It's shipped, and will arrive tomorrow :)

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #46,901 of 62,431
Jul 26, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #46,902 of 62,431
Any noticeable difference between the mtw2 and mtw3 ? Had mtw2 since release and like it very much. Did an impulse buy when I got 66% of some new mtw3

Either keep them or flip them on

Ahh, I see someone else jumped on this deal

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #46,903 of 62,431
Any noticeable difference between the mtw2 and mtw3 ? Had mtw2 since release and like it very much. Did an impulse buy when I got 66% of some new mtw2.

Either keep them or flip them on
Well, 😂

Couple of differences include:

- Much better ANC (it's also adaptive)
- Much louder sound (better imo as well)
- Better/more ergonomic fit (+ ear fins)
- A bit smaller and slightly lighter buds
- Single bud usage
- Wireless Charging compatible
- Slightly better battery life
- No white noise issue
- Aptx adaptive codec
- Case is a slightly less wide

They are basically everything the MTW2 should have been and then some.

Jul 26, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #46,904 of 62,431
Well, 😂

Couple of differences include:

- Much better ANC (it's also adaptive)
- Much louder sound (better imo as well)
- Better/more ergonomic fit (+ ear fins)
- A bit smaller and slightly lighter buds
- Single bud usage
- Wireless Charging compatible
- Slightly better battery life
- No white noise issue
- Aptx adaptive codec
- Case is a slightly less wide

They are basically everything the MTW2 should have been and then some.
Ok, maybe try to sell the mtw2 then.

Jul 26, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #46,905 of 62,431
Bought Senn' white MTW3 for $80 yesterday. On Elkjop, Norwegian webshop. Pretty cheap :)

I went STRAIGHT for that website... it’s all in Norwegian... but I’ll keep trying...

Wow, if that actually ever gets shipped and wasn't just a mistake on their side...then congrats! :D

I hope the “mistake” is still there. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back