Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 4, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #44,972 of 62,866
Well, so it begins again then...

Not many first impressions yet. Just about to update the firmware first at the moment.

So far...the case is slightly more compact but feels the same as before otherwise. Not sure about the charging port on the front yet. You will pretty much directly touch it every time you pick up or open the case. Not a big issue of course, especially not when charging wirelessly but I don't really see the benefit here either. It's just... different.

Other than that: Fit is extremely good for me even without the fins they come with. The buds are a bit smaller than previous generations and fit perfectly in my ears. I also like the shape - looks better than the oval one, I think.

I will add more detailed impressions of the features and the sound after testing a bit but some important things I can already say:

- There is no noticeable white noise problem that I can hear right now. Only when the transparency mode is activated but that's never really been the issue of course :)

- They are definitely louder than the MTW2 on my iPhone which is nice! More headroom is always good.

- Wireless charging works flawlessly. Tested it when I did the first charging.

- ANC is definitely better as well. I can already tell when only typing on the keyboard. Have to see how good it performs in real life situations, though.

More to come...

Attachments

• IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 49DE44BC-4896-44E3-8067-54AD1DC205F6.jpeg
    49DE44BC-4896-44E3-8067-54AD1DC205F6.jpeg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 0
  • C4941252-5AEB-48FF-AAD2-C0DCF5FE7AE2.jpeg
    C4941252-5AEB-48FF-AAD2-C0DCF5FE7AE2.jpeg
    969.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #44,973 of 62,866
I love mine too. I agree, they do need a firmware update for the transparency on/off and volume controls. I don't even think there has been a firmware update since release. Could be wrong. Force pair is nice, even though I'd prefer multi-pair like the Beoplay EX & EQ and now the M&D MW08. I used mine all day today at work with transparency on while listening to music and baseball games. Fit is really good for me too with the EPro tips. I don't hear the sibilance you hear, but I do hear great sound separation and clarity whereas a lot of my dynamic driver tws lack it in comparison. For the sale price, these are worth a shot. Truly looking forward to the next gen.
Oh wow, yeah, mine came with the "latest" firmware. I don't know how often B&W releases firmware updates. The other thing I couldn't find was EQ which I'm more indifferent about, but I know a lot of people want it. I want to pull the trigger on the Beoplay EQ, but I can't for the life of me find a single FR measurement of it; the E8 is closer to my preferences tonally.

May 4, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #44,975 of 62,866
Oh wow, yeah, mine came with the "latest" firmware. I don't know how often B&W releases firmware updates. The other thing I couldn't find was EQ which I'm more indifferent about, but I know a lot of people want it. I want to pull the trigger on the Beoplay EQ, but I can't for the life of me find a single FR measurement of it; the E8 is closer to my preferences tonally.
Sadly, no EQ ability in the app. I have the EQ and now the EX and I love them both, but I think the fit, sound and button config on the EX edges out the EQ.

May 4, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #44,976 of 62,866
Update1 on the MTW3:

- So far, I love them. More than I liked the MTW2 and probably just as much as the MTW1 (sound wise).

- The sound is fun, energetic and "consumer friendly" with a slightly elevated bass and slightly subdued highs but still just clean and "airy" enough for me. And that's just the stock sound. Personally, I wouldn't touch the 'bass boost' feature as that makes it a bit too boomy for my liking but some folks might absolutely love this slider :wink: They are finally loud enough for me, phew! Clearly louder than the B&O EQ, for example.

- Call quality seems good. Only had one call yet but that went flawlessly and the other person heard me loud and clear.

- Connection so far has been stable. No issues yet.

- ANC is surprisingly strong and much improved. It really drowns out my TV set during the Real - City match right now :wink: Quite impressive, honestly.

- Would love to see multipoint added in the future, though. I think they said that they will implement it, so fingers crossed. As we know, B&O also did that for their EQ TWS and it was a great addition there.

May 4, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #44,977 of 62,866
Update1 on the MTW3:

- So far, I love them. More than I liked the MTW2 and probably just as much as the MTW1 (sound wise).

- The sound is fun, energetic and "consumer friendly" with a slightly elevated bass and slightly subdued highs but still just clean and "airy" enough for me. And that's just the stock sound. Personally, I wouldn't touch the 'bass boost' feature as that makes it a bit too boomy for my liking but some folks might absolutely love this slider :wink: They are finally loud enough for me, phew! Clearly louder than the B&O EQ, for example.
Is that with the stock tips with the foam in them?

May 4, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #44,978 of 62,866
May 4, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #44,980 of 62,866
The MTW3 stock tips are silicone only, aren't they?
I read reviews and see this...
dad63af565d893e66b2e34fc745a6.jpg
Looks to be foam inside and the missing M would be installed and most likely have the foam as well, correct? I haven't had any Senn TWS but am familiar with the tips with foam from quite a few Senn models.

Last edited:
May 4, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #44,981 of 62,866
I read reviews and see this...
dad63af565d893e66b2e34fc745a6.jpg
Looks to be foam inside and the missing M would be installed and most likely have the foam as well, correct? I haven't had any Senn TWS but am familiar with the tips with foam from quite a few Senn models.
See, I didn't even notice. First thing I did was to install the large standard Sennheiser silicone tips that came with the MTW1 and 2 as I still have many of these unused lying around here. They don't have that little foam piece but I will check of course :D

May 4, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #44,984 of 62,866
The MTW3 tips are indeed like this, so there is the little foam pice inside of the silicone. I'm listening to the large ones as we speak. Seems like I do have a better seal/fit with the MTW1/2 stock tips, though. They do sound much better with the "old" ones in my ears at least. Interesting. I remember that I had problems with the IE300 because I had a tough time getting a good seal with the provided tips there, too.

Attachments

• IMG_2985.jpeg
    IMG_2985.jpeg
    776.5 KB · Views: 0
May 4, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #44,985 of 62,866
Well the Jabra Elite 7 Pro arrived.

So far I have updated the firmware and getting used to their features. Note a fan of the physical button pressing in the ear but may come around to it.

Comfort wise these are more comfy that Samsung GBuds Pro and Technics AZ60. They have better isolation than the GBuds Pro but not as good as AZ60. The hear through feature is a bit underwhelming in regards to being to polite, I was hoping the high setting would let in more sound. Having said that it's very natural sounding. I think this might be the first TWS where the side tone function is not just distracting.

Initial sound impression is that these are close to too balanced comparing to everything I have been using and used to. But it's growing on me.

The hearing test and enabling / disabling it's setting are interesting. I could not hear several tones it played so I obviously have hearing loss and it compensated accordingly and the resulting configuration is a bit distracting as I hear things more emphasized than I am used to. Turning it off then tones things down more to what I am used to

On the fence about these. Will give them a couple days to see how they grow on my. Will also see how they handle multi pairing, calls, and wind outside next.

Semi wishing I had tried the MTW3 but really available in Canada yet and they would be an extra $100. Sony in the same camp. Also interested in the new 1More flagship TWS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back