Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #44,206 of 62,452
Still debating on which IEM/TWS to bring on my long flight (16 hours: SFO to Singapore). I am thinking:
1. UTWS5 + Kato/OH10
2. UTWS5 + Timeless
3. AZ09 pro + Midnight
4. AZ09 pro + Olina
For TWS, I am thinking:
1. Galaxy buds pro
2. Nuarl N6P
3. Monoprice M-TWE
4. Earfun free pro
I am leaning toward both UTWS5 and galaxy buds pro for now. Are there any TWS that has good ANC, good sound, has 7 hours battery life and comfortable that is available on Amazon?
Az60, liberty 3 pro, ath cks50tw, wf 1000xm4

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #44,207 of 62,452
Looking to try out another set of TWS and compliment my Sony WF-1000XM4, B&W Pi7 and FiiL T1 XS. Been checking out the following:

1. Senn CX400BT
2. Technics EAH-AZ60
3. Technics EAH-AZ70
4. Senn CX Plus
5. Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro
6. SoundPeats H1
7. Nuarl N10 Plus

Want to keep price below $250. Which one would you guys pick? Is there another that should be on this list that isn’t? Thanks.

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #44,208 of 62,452
Anyone here with Comfobuds Z, I am experiencing battery decline to the point that even after hours on charger / in case I never get more than 70% full. I looked around if there is a fix via firmware (don't see anything in the app) or pressing that middle button for a reset might help .. so far no luck ... anyone else?

I would really not mind buying an upgraded version of this with better battery life. For what it advertizes to be it is pretty awesome ... still most comfortable for side sleeping, even beating the linkbuds.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #44,209 of 62,452
Looking to try out another set of TWS and compliment my Sony WF-1000XM4, B&W Pi7 and FiiL T1 XS. Been checking out the following:

1. Senn CX400BT
2. Technics EAH-AZ60
3. Technics EAH-AZ70
4. Senn CX Plus
5. Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro
6. SoundPeats H1
7. Nuarl N10 Plus

Want to keep price below $250. Which one would you guys pick? Is there another that should be on this list that isn’t? Thanks.

Victor HA-FW1000t, to me it sounds heads and shoulders above the Sony (and most if not all other TWS out there) while connectivity is way more stable than the Pi7. Purely on sound it sounds better (very balanced in terms of how TWS sound, lovely mids and treble extension that works) than everything on your list (except Technics AZ70 which I haven't tried before). Quick search on Amazon suggest current price around $290.

The new Final ZE3000 may be worth looking too (I haven't tried that either but it's well priced, and previous Final TWS offerings are not bad).

Apr 4, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #44,210 of 62,452
Victor HA-FW1000t, to me it sounds heads and shoulders above the Sony (and most if not all other TWS out there) while connectivity is way more stable than the Pi7. Purely on sound it sounds better (very balanced in terms of how TWS sound, lovely mids and treble extension that works) than everything on your list (except Technics AZ70 which I haven't tried before). Quick search on Amazon suggest current price around $290.

The new Final ZE3000 may be worth looking too (I haven't tried that either but it's well priced, and previous Final TWS offerings are not bad).
Id love to try the FW1000t... But they're so expensive in Europe... 400€

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #44,211 of 62,452

Thanks! $290 is out of price range as it enters the next tier of TWS like B&O EQ and Noble Fokus Pro. I will take a look at the final ZE3000 though.

Apr 4, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #44,213 of 62,452
Anyone here with Comfobuds Z, I am experiencing battery decline to the point that even after hours on charger / in case I never get more than 70% full. I looked around if there is a fix via firmware (don't see anything in the app) or pressing that middle button for a reset might help .. so far no luck ... anyone else?

I would really not mind buying an upgraded version of this with better battery life. For what it advertizes to be it is pretty awesome ... still most comfortable for side sleeping, even beating the linkbuds.
Mine has the same problem and contacted the support in US. Started a replacement last week. Finger crossed...

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #44,215 of 62,452
Does the MMCX version require an adapter for non-FIIO IEMs? Most of the ones I use are MMCX but have had some of those fail over the years.
Working fine with my iBasso IT07s.

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #44,218 of 62,452
Has anyone had any issue with stereo imbalance on their Technics AZ60?
I just realized today that there's a pretty remarkable difference in audio volume on the left and right channel when I was listening to some music on the daily commute into work and was like "why the **** are the vocals panned so hard to the right?"
I checked in Wavelet how much I needed to lower the volume on the right earbud to get approximately the same output, and we're talking about -2 to -3 dB to make it sound similar in volume.

I need to make sure that it's not my ears being weird or just some weird wax buildup in the tips, but based on what I can see right now it shouldn't be that because if anything, the right one seems to have fared slightly worse when it comes to that.
Alas, I need to test some of the other tips but I have some doubts that it would solve my issue.
Although weirdly enough I got a notification from the Technics app saying that "regular maintenance of your earbuds should be done blablabla" or something along those lines, with a guide on how to clean the eartips. Weird coincidence that it happened now if nothing else!

Edit:
I tested my AirPods Pro now and no, it's not just my ears anyway. Even though I feel slightly paranoid that there's something weird with my ears, it's definitely not the same.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #44,220 of 62,452
Has anyone had any issue with stereo imbalance on their Technics AZ60?
I just realized today that there's a pretty remarkable difference in audio volume on the left and right channel when I was listening to some music on the daily commute into work and was like "why the **** are the vocals panned so hard to the right?"
I checked in Wavelet how much I needed to lower the volume on the right earbud to get approximately the same output, and we're talking about -2 to -3 dB to make it sound similar in volume.

I need to make sure that it's not my ears being weird or just some weird wax buildup in the tips, but based on what I can see right now it shouldn't be that because if anything, the right one seems to have fared slightly worse when it comes to that.
Alas, I need to test some of the other tips but I have some doubts that it would solve my issue.
Although weirdly enough I got a notification from the Technics app saying that "regular maintenance of your earbuds should be done blablabla" or something along those lines, with a guide on how to clean the eartips. Weird coincidence that it happened now if nothing else!

Edit:
I tested my AirPods Pro now and no, it's not just my ears anyway. Even though I feel slightly paranoid that there's something weird with my ears, it's definitely not the same.
i experienced this for the first few days to a week of owning it. 95% concluded that it is source dependent. it only happens to one of several devices i use and unlucky for me, it's my main (oneplus nord 2). the strange thing is, it seems to have fixed itself.

mine is randomly panning to the right-center-right-far right. it is really annoying. it does not happen all the time. so the funny thing is when i brought it down to the store for replacement, it didnt do its thing. if i get to find out the cause, ill go ahead with the exchange. but as ive said, most likely to be source dependent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back