Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 17, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #43,862 of 62,380
I hope Sennheiser starts a sponsored thread about these! I'm sure we all got a few questions once they're launched.
Guess we'll see. My only gripes with the former were the lack of Qi, fit and EQ. But I did very much like the CX Plus better than the MTW2. So if they fixed all that I'll be a happy camper. I'm on iOS, so the higher res codecs do not affect me. Fingers crossed they don't suck.

Mar 17, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #43,863 of 62,380
Guess we'll see. My only gripes with the former were the lack of Qi, fit and EQ. But I did very much like the CX Plus better than the MTW2. So if they fixed all that I'll be a happy camper. I'm on iOS, so the higher res codecs do not affect me. Fingers crossed they don't suck.

I'm very interested in how much they've improved the ANC/Transparency mode, and ofc the touch response (hopefully on the same level as my AZ60.!).

Another big question is if the hardware supports the upcoming LE audio, and if it will be upgradeable via software update, rumour has it Android 13 will finally implement LE audio.

I've also heard a rumour on Reddit that they're working on a new app! The current app haven't had a update since 15 October of last year, so there might be some truth to that rumour :D

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #43,864 of 62,380
I'm very interested in how much they've improved the ANC/Transparency mode, and ofc the touch response (hopefully on the same level as my AZ60.!).

Another big question is if the hardware supports the upcoming LE audio, and if it will be upgradeable via software update, rumour has it Android 13 will finally implement LE audio.
Sounds like you have more needs than me, ie codecs etc. I agree, better ANC and Transparency would be great. Truly hope it's a smaller form factor. I'd guess they cut a few corners if they're offering it for $50 USD less. But maybe not. Heck, the new 1More Comfobuds Mini I have here seemed to have crammed in every possible feature for $85. Maybe Sennheiser will surprise us. Wishful thinking. Either way, I have so many options in my collections I'd make due.

Mar 17, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #43,865 of 62,380
Color me a little surprised...
1647520594043.png1647520618393.png
JBL Live Free 2 is one I was keeping an eye on due to the nice shape but it does not seem half bad overall. Will be firmware up gradable to LE, dual oval(housing and bore)shape design. Peek/PU Titanium coated 11mm driver, higher model noise cancelling with"real time" adjustment from the headphones put into a JBL TWS for the first time. 3 mics and "voice aware" function that allows you to control the mics and select your voice and then control the volume level of the surrounding sounds in relation to it. Multipoint, app that has new stuff like an ear test to optimize the ANC and adjust the ANC levels and ambient levels and that Voice Aware function. Wake to word setting in the app so voice assistant is voice activated. The buds themselves come in at 4.9 grams and perhaps? the first to get 4 hours on a quick charge -> 15 minutes for 4 hours play. Battery is 6 hours with ANC and 22 total. They still don't do aptX codes as per JBL usual so just SBC/AAC till the LE comes along. Black, blue, silver, and rose color options. Pretty solid for $149 and not just a rehash like CLUB Pro and TOUR Pro but added/updated some things. Should be at the beginning of next month if it is not an April fools joke.

Those look pretty sweet. Hope they are as small as they look.

Mar 17, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #43,866 of 62,380
Mar 17, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #43,868 of 62,380
Mar 17, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #43,869 of 62,380
You've got a point, that case is ridiculous compared to its competition...I'm also not a fan of the cloth material as well.
Especially when the Samsung Buds Pro can be as small as they are and the Buds+ getting 11 hours, they are just milking our pockets like Apple and their small iterative improvements every year.

Mar 17, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #43,871 of 62,380
One of the few changes is the fins. Nics pics of them there. Great to see how they look. #sarcasm
You know me, I'll try them. My FiiO and TW2 cases are bigger, so that isn't a big deal.

Mar 17, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #43,872 of 62,380
@samandhi @Ceeluh7 -- thanks for the input. I've ordered some of the Spinfits.

<small edit>
I must say that I am hearing more bass, just seems like sometimes they're seated 'just right' and more shows up. So I'm hopeful that the Spinfits will improve the seal enough to satisfy me.

On a different note, I wonder what the introductory discount on the Outlier Pros will be.

Worth a post in the 'Deals Discussion' thread?
@samandhi @Ceeluh7

Received XL/L Spinfits today, and I have to say they make a big difference. I had gotten some L/M Spinfits before, but they didn't improve on the sound I was getting from the stock tips.

But the XL/L tips seem to really help the overall SQ -- no longer feeling a lack of bass, nor a sort of thin/boring sound I had been getting from them. I would actually call the sound warm and rich with the XL/L Spinfits installed.

So thanks very much for the recommendation.

Now, if only I could get them to charge consistently :)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #43,873 of 62,380
@samandhi @Ceeluh7

Received XL/L Spinfits today, and I have to say they make a big difference. I had gotten some L/M Spinfits before, but they didn't improve on the sound I was getting from the stock tips.

But the XL/L tips seem to really help the overall SQ -- no longer feeling a lack of bass, nor a sort of thin/boring sound I had been getting from them. I would actually call the sound warm and rich with the XL/L Spinfits installed.

So thanks very much for the recommendation.

Now, if only I could get them to charge consistently :)
It has been my experience that tips that don't work on some IEMs/TWS, work very well with others; I never discount tips just because they don't work well with something else. But also, sometimes if I can't seem to get anything to work well, I will increase size. I have more than one IEM that I was surprised with because of having to use a much larger (than normal) tip.

Which Spinfits did you end up getting? Glad you were able to find some that work well for you! :)

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #43,874 of 62,380
Took some cutting of the adapter that @assassin10000 recommended (here for those interested) but was able to get my S12 adapted to the AZ09 Pro. Overall fairly decent but feels like it's missing some of that oomph vs. using wired (even with the high powered mode (3 clicks on left adapter)) invoked.

Question for those who own both the AZ09 Pro and UTWS5 - is there a noticeable difference in output/SQ between the two? az09pro_s12.jpg

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #43,875 of 62,380
I'm looking for a tws for about 50 dollars. I don't want to spend more because I'm not going to use it too much. Maybe a couple of times a month. It would be to listen to pop, electronica so I would like a V shape. Is there anything decent for that price range? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back