Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 16, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #43,831 of 62,699
1MORE Comfobuds Mini are TINY! Thankfully, Sound ID is incorporated in the 1More app. Not like the Grell. Works well. ANC is not the greatest but impressive considering the price. I'll be testing them out for a few days. If ANC works this well, they might be a good sleeping pair. Case has Qi charging. Volume controls, play/pause on the buds. You can't toggle between ANC and Transparency by a touch and hole on the buds.
Can you do an ANC comparison between the Comfobuds Mini and the LinkBuds?... Joking!

Mar 16, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #43,832 of 62,699
Can you do an ANC comparison between the Comfobuds Mini and the LinkBuds?... Joking!
No! But I have been pitting them against one another today and might send back the Sonys to save 200 bucks. Still trying to decide. I hate to keep too many that lose love and I'm still about a week before the return window closes at Best Buy. Hmmm. But, who know, I may just keep both.

Mar 16, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #43,833 of 62,699
Did you try to hold it for a long time with it plugged in your ear? Mine sometimes act out a bit but still ok.

The right bud stopped working once I updated to v6.1.2. I did nothing wrong when updating so I don’t understand why the right earbud stopped working.

I have tried everything to fix it but to no avaiI though I didn’t try and hold it for a long time while still in my ear. Anyway, I decided to take them back and awaiting a replacement or full refund.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #43,834 of 62,699
The right bud stopped working once I updated to v6.1.2. I did nothing wrong when updating so I don’t understand why the right earbud stopped working.

I have tried everything to fix it but to no avail. I decided to take them back and awaiting a replacement or full refund.
Email their customer support?

Mar 16, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #43,835 of 62,699
Email their customer support?
I emailed customer support and got a reply telling me to put right earbud in charging case and if no light comes on and it doesn’t respond then the earbud is dead and to get them serviced through warranty.

I did that and the green and amber light only came on every 20 seconds with a slight clicking sound. I assumed then that the right bud had died during the update process so I took them back to the store.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #43,836 of 62,699
I emailed customer support and got a reply telling me to put right earbud in charging case and if no light comes on and it doesn’t respond then the earbud is dead and to get them serviced through warranty.

I did that and the green and amber light only came on every 20 seconds with a slight clicking sound. I assumed then that the right bud had died during the update process so I took them back to the store.
Damn, now I feel like the update is equal to a walking bomb

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #43,837 of 62,699

Might be useful to ask them what that means. The device could be trying to do something, but you'd need someone to find out what that particular pattern specifically means.
Damn, now I feel like the update is equal to a walking bomb
To be honest, most updates are. With the way some firmware updates are designed, a failure could lead to a bricked device.

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #43,838 of 62,699
No! But I have been pitting them against one another today and might send back the Sonys to save 200 bucks. Still trying to decide. I hate to keep too many that lose love and I'm still about a week before the return window closes at Best Buy. Hmmm. But, who know, I may just keep both.
Cool, the final decision you make will be the right one. :thumbsup:

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #43,839 of 62,699
Might be useful to ask them what that means. The device could be trying to do something, but you'd need someone to find out what that particular pattern specifically means.

To be honest, most updates are. With the way some firmware updates are designed, a failure could lead to a bricked device.

I emailed them again asking what the green and amber light coming on every 20 seconds with the earbud clicking mean’t but I didn’t get a reply. Strange as B&O are usually very quick at replying and have good customer support.

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #43,840 of 62,699
Spent most of this week having fun with the SeeAudio Midnight on my Shure TW2 adapters. Great soundstage. Pretty balanced and they fit the adapters and my ears very well with the OKCSC 2 Pin adapter. I had the Thieaudio Legacy 4 on them, (I still have them) but they're much more shouty in comparison with a tighter/narrower soundstage. The Midnight are much more open, relaxed and easy to listen to. For $199 I can highly recommend this IEM. Pleasantly surprised by them.
I am debating getting these guys right now

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #43,841 of 62,699
The UTWS3 probably has more than enough power to drive the few IEMs I have as well. The equipment in this field is being developed pretty quickly as manufacturers one up each other. Because of that to me it's a matter of future proofing for at least a little while. By the time the UTWS5 is back in stock in the US, I should be receiving mine as well. It's still a waiting game either way... sigh.
The Utws3 is a fantastic device man and will certainly easily drive almost all iems with the exception of stuff like final audio stuff or planar iems

Mar 16, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #43,842 of 62,699
The Utws3 is a fantastic device man and will certainly easily drive almost all iems with the exception of stuff like final audio stuff or planar iems
Yeah, I don't doubt it at all. I think they're good value for the money as well, but not gonna double up since I already got the UTWS5s coming.

Mar 16, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #43,845 of 62,699
Hey @Ceeluh7 look familiar? :)

20220309_202555.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back