Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 16, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #43,846 of 62,685
Here is my babies
20220316_213838.jpg

Mar 17, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #43,848 of 62,685
Mar 17, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #43,849 of 62,685
Been away from this thread for a while because I have enjoyed my AZ60 so much with the latest update making them even better.
I live the sound they produce. ANC has been great on my recent travels.
The fit during exercise and stability has been unrivaled.

Multipoint is such a great feature and no earbuds in 2022 at mid range or higher should come out with out this feature.

Only QI charging and a more premium case are keeping these from being the unicorn.
In any case I have zero desire to try the Sony or the new Sennheiser.
It will take Bluetooth LE and an incredible sound to top these.

The face I got them for under 160$ USD is just the cherry on top.

Mar 17, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #43,850 of 62,685
Late to the party, as usual, but got this 72€ lightning deal on the Edifier Neobuds Pro .. and now I am a bit puzzled regarding firmware update ...
I am already quite impressed what great sound I get for that price out of the box, but I keep seeing FW update mentioned in YT videos, not really sure if it makes things better (or if 4-7 months ago it was the bringer of LDAC, and mine have that anyways) .. teh FW version it came with is 2.1.6 .. is that the most recent? I kept hearing that to upgrade FW, an app needs to be side loaded, so I guess that's Android only ... the iOS app is pretty crappy, constantly disconnects from the buds ...

Mixed bag, but sound by itself is very nice .. I found some tips that make them sound even better, but with those the buds won't fit the case anymore ...

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #43,851 of 62,685
Spent most of this week having fun with the SeeAudio Midnight on my Shure TW2 adapters. Great soundstage. Pretty balanced and they fit the adapters and my ears very well with the OKCSC 2 Pin adapter. I had the Thieaudio Legacy 4 on them, (I still have them) but they're much more shouty in comparison with a tighter/narrower soundstage. The Midnight are much more open, relaxed and easy to listen to. For $199 I can highly recommend this IEM. Pleasantly surprised by them.

I’m trying to find these in Europe but to no avail yet. How would you compare these to the Variations sound quality wise?

Mar 17, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #43,852 of 62,685
1MORE Comfobuds Mini are TINY! Thankfully, Sound ID is incorporated in the 1More app. Not like the Grell. Works well. ANC is not the greatest but impressive considering the price. I'll be testing them out for a few days. If ANC works this well, they might be a good sleeping pair. Case has Qi charging. Volume controls, play/pause on the buds. You can't toggle between ANC and Transparency by a touch and hole on the buds.
Oh my! 1More just keeps popping out new buds here and there. I JUST got the Pistinbuds Pro like 2 weeks ago?
Anyways, I feel I need to skip those because .. I have too many 1More already :D
One thing I wonder, can you check how well the soothing sounds work? On my pistonbuds those sounds are audibly one 3-5 second loops with a noticeable gap in between .. might be a problem with the iOS app though.
Where did you get them and how much you paid? I see for 99$ on AliExpress (premiere 3/28) and 12000Y on amazon.jp

Maaaaayyyybbbeeeeee when I see them for like half that price.

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #43,853 of 62,685
Color me a little surprised...
1647520594043.png
1647520618393.png
1647530331248.png

JBL Live Free 2 is one I was keeping an eye on due to the nice shape but it does not seem half bad overall. Will be firmware up gradable to LE, dual oval(housing and bore)shape design. Peek/PU Titanium coated 11mm driver, higher model noise cancelling with"real time" adjustment from the headphones put into a JBL TWS for the first time. 3 mics and "voice aware" function that allows you to control the mics and select your voice and then control the volume level of the surrounding sounds in relation to it. Multipoint, app that has new stuff like an ear test to optimize the ANC and adjust the ANC levels and ambient levels and that Voice Aware function. Wake to word setting in the app so voice assistant is voice activated. The buds themselves come in at 4.9 grams and perhaps? the first to get 4 hours on a quick charge -> 15 minutes for 4 hours play. Battery is 6 hours with ANC and 22 total. They still don't do aptX codes as per JBL usual so just SBC/AAC till the LE comes along. Black, blue, silver, and rose color options. Pretty solid for $149 and not just a rehash like CLUB Pro and TOUR Pro but added/updated some things. Should be at the beginning of next month if it is not an April fools joke.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #43,854 of 62,685
I sent the Beoplay EQ back to the store where I bought them from and they confirmed the right earbud is indeed not working. The manager told me it’s a common problem with updating software on B&O earphones. He ordered me a replacement Beoplay EQ and told me if I have the same problem updating them again then to bring them back for a full refund.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #43,857 of 62,685
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #43,858 of 62,685
Color me a little surprised...
1647520594043.png1647520618393.png1647530331248.png
JBL Live Free 2 is one I was keeping an eye on due to the nice shape but it does not seem half bad overall. Will be firmware up gradable to LE, dual oval(housing and bore)shape design. Peek/PU Titanium coated 11mm driver, higher model noise cancelling with"real time" adjustment from the headphones put into a JBL TWS for the first time. 3 mics and "voice aware" function that allows you to control the mics and select your voice and then control the volume level of the surrounding sounds in relation to it. Multipoint, app that has new stuff like an ear test to optimize the ANC and adjust the ANC levels and ambient levels and that Voice Aware function. Wake to word setting in the app so voice assistant is voice activated. The buds themselves come in at 4.9 grams and perhaps? the first to get 4 hours on a quick charge -> 15 minutes for 4 hours play. Battery is 6 hours with ANC and 22 total. They still don't do aptX codes as per JBL usual so just SBC/AAC till the LE comes along. Black, blue, silver, and rose color options. Pretty solid for $149 and not just a rehash like CLUB Pro and TOUR Pro but added/updated some things. Should be at the beginning of next month if it is not an April fools joke.

I'm very keen on this one - it looks like it's up for preorder on Amazon.co.jp. I've had the JBL Tour Pro+ and Live Pro +(?) and enjoyed them both - but these look like a better direction shape-wise for ear-fit and comfort. Case looks pretty small... color me interested! :wink:

Mar 17, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #43,859 of 62,685
Mar 17, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #43,860 of 62,685
Anybody who has put in a pre-order, please report back when it lands on your doorstep! Would love to hear first impressions.
I'll preorder on the day it comes out! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back