Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 18, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #43,876 of 62,685
Dual Stream … now that could be an interesting new feature. Ad on FB alerted me to this Kickstarter
C04726CB-16E9-4C00-AF66-F6DE823711D0.jpeg

Now, reading on:

BC052127-BF6B-49C3-AEE1-D75F23565B80.jpeg

So, this is NOT multi-point. They try to achieve ‘being connected to 2 devices at the same time, both pumping audio’

If they can actually make it work (without glitches), I could imagine some useful applications …

The other thing I want some day: easy sharing of BT signal, let others listen to your music (I understand this kinda works in apple eco system? Had no chance to test yet. )

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #43,877 of 62,685
It has been my experience that tips that don't work on some IEMs/TWS, work very well with others; I never discount tips just because they don't work well with something else. But also, sometimes if I can't seem to get anything to work well, I will increase size. I have more than one IEM that I was surprised with because of having to use a much larger (than normal) tip.

Which Spinfits did you end up getting? Glad you were able to find some that work well for you! :)
Agreed. I have never thrown a tip away. Never know when they will be the exact pair you need.

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #43,878 of 62,685
Agreed. I have never thrown a tip away. Never know when they will be the exact pair you need.
At this point I have mixed and matched so much, I have no idea what tips belong with what. :smile:

Not sure where box two got to, but here is some.
20220318_092952.jpg

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #43,880 of 62,685
Am I crazy to think about trading my Devialet Gemini for a set of B&O EQ? Is it a lateral move or are the EQ that much better?
I had them both and have reconsidered getting the EQ again because if that update. The Gemini are louder and soundstage more open, but the EQ have nice punch and I’ve always liked B&Os tuning. The case is smaller and fit tighter with the right tips. The EQ feel much more premium. If you can get them for less than retail, go for it. I’ve been holding off because I can’t find a good deal yet. In the meantime, I got the B&W PI7 again. Sigh…

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #43,881 of 62,685
I had them both and have reconsidered getting the EQ again because if that update. The Gemini are louder and soundstage more open, but the EQ have nice punch and I’ve always liked B&Os tuning. The case is smaller and fit tighter with the right tips. The EQ feel much more premium. If you can get them for less than retail, go for it. I’ve been holding off because I can’t find a good deal yet. In the meantime, I got the B&W PI7 again. Sigh…
Thanks….and you DID? Are they better this time around?

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #43,882 of 62,685
Thanks….and you DID? Are they better this time around?
Been using them at my desk only so no issues. They sound exceptional. The BA and extra driver really makes a difference. After using my IEMs for months now, I can hear the difference for sure. Very expensive (overpriced) but I’m really enjoying the sound. Last time I had them, I had dropouts. Not this time. Range isn’t great, but again, at my desk, perfect. No multipoint but you can force connect between gear.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #43,883 of 62,685
Took some cutting of the adapter that @assassin10000 recommended (here for those interested) but was able to get my S12 adapted to the AZ09 Pro. Overall fairly decent but feels like it's missing some of that oomph vs. using wired (even with the high powered mode (3 clicks on left adapter)) invoked.

Question for those who own both the AZ09 Pro and UTWS5 - is there a noticeable difference in output/SQ between the two?az09pro_s12.jpg
Ya man... A planar on the az09 isn't gonna cut it unfortunately. What is fortunate is that you have an awesome set of iems... I'm jealous man

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #43,885 of 62,685
I just picked up my replacement Beoplay EQ earbuds but I’m terrified to update them to v6.1.2 even though the shop manager told me if I get anymore problems I can get a full refund.

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #43,886 of 62,685
I just picked up my replacement Beoplay EQ earbuds but I’m terrified to update them to v6.1.2 even though the shop manager told me if I get anymore problems I can get a full refund.
It's all about living on the edge. Go for it. It might be worth it. Or is it...

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #43,887 of 62,685
Meanwhile I bought a pair of red V-Moda Hexamove Lite buds. Yeah...I know. Why? Don't know honestly. They were just 40€ on Amazon, though. When you think about that V-Moda wants something like 129 for them...how bad can they be? Probably bad. But for the price....😂

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #43,888 of 62,685
Meanwhile I bought a pair of red V-Moda Hexamove Lite buds. Yeah...I know. Why? Don't know honestly. They were just 40€ on Amazon, though. When you think about that V-Moda wants something like 129 for them...how bad can they be? Probably bad. But for the price....😂
I actually really liked the sound on the Hexamove pro. Sub bass has some great punch. That said, they need to add better controls and the case… whew… It’s HUGE. Curious if they added more features when you get yours.

Mar 18, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #43,889 of 62,685
I actually really liked the sound on the Hexamove pro. Sub bass has some great punch. That said, they need to add better controls and the case… whew… It’s HUGE. Curious if they added more features when you get yours.
Well, it's the lite version. Do they even have features? 😂 Let's see. Pretty intrigued nonetheless for the price.

Mar 18, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #43,890 of 62,685
Don't do it everyone! That brick of a case is unacceptable this day and age.
Vote with your wallet or we'll keep getting this trash year after year.

You've got a point, that case is ridiculous compared to its competition...I'm also not a fan of the cloth material as well.
Not compared to the Vmoda case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back