Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 13, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #43,741 of 62,382
So I pulled out my Galaxy Buds Pro and as per @Ceeluh7 suggestion threw on the Fiio Bass Tips and may have found my best TWS option to use as an alternative to the Fiio UTWS5/FH5 combo.

Will do some testing against both Technics AZ60/70 but think the GBP just align better signature wise.

Mar 13, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #43,743 of 62,382
Mar 13, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #43,744 of 62,382
So I pulled out my Galaxy Buds Pro and as per @Ceeluh7 suggestion threw on the Fiio Bass Tips and may have found my best TWS option to use as an alternative to the Fiio UTWS5/FH5 combo.

Will do some testing against both Technics AZ60/70 but think the GBP just align better signature wise.
They seem to work the best. I can't tell you how many tips I went thru before I tried those... Lol... Alot.

Mar 13, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #43,745 of 62,382
LOL... Ya where I am at there is nothing like that. Trust ive certainly checked. Anyways must be nice. For most of us in the States we have to order online which... It's not all bad. It would be very cool to have a place to test out certain sets. Oh well

Well online you have it all. Here, nowadays, if it’s from outside the EU, either you have a local distributor, which only happens with the likes of Fiio, ifi, Hiby, Campfire... but not always the latest products, the rest has taxes and shipping costs. Locally there’s no place to try them.
Anywho... this is mostly off-topic (there’s TWS in there) but I thought it’d be curious info. Cheers.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #43,747 of 62,382
Any chance you can point out a link to purchase these Fiio bass tips?
I have zero clue if you can purchase the tips separately. I have purchased quite a few Fiio iems over the years and their tips haven't changed, after time I end up with quite alot. Anyways I think the only way you can get their tips unfortunately is by buying Fiio iems... Not positive about that

Mar 13, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #43,748 of 62,382
Yep, same problem with the new set — this time it’s the right module.

Maybe I’m just too stupid to get them to charge consistently, but I’m not going to live with this. Too bad, I like everything about them … when they work.
My original MT from release day had the issue on the right side. My replacement has had issues on the left. I think most of them have issue on one side or the other. The ones who don't have issues on either side are outside of the norm.

I'm only using them until I find something else. Hopefully in the next few months, I'm moving on.

Mar 13, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #43,749 of 62,382
My original MT from release day had the issue on the right side. My replacement has had issues on the left. I think most of them have issue on one side or the other. The ones who don't have issues on either side are outside of the norm.

I'm only using them until I find something else. Hopefully in the next few months, I'm moving on.
Isn't that a shame. One of the best sets in its price point and Cambridge just can't seem to get this pair right! I have had my set since the first week on market and not one issue, in fact I had zero idea so many had issues until i looked at this thread. Such a shame. The driver housed within is a very capable and well implemented driver... The sound is so very good for a tws

Mar 13, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #43,750 of 62,382
Any chance you can point out a link to purchase these Fiio bass tips?
I peeked around and agree with Ceeluh7, you probably have to but a pair of their IEMs to get the tips.

if you wear small I could send those to depending on where you live. Unfortunately I am using the large in my FH5 and the mediums in the GBP.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #43,751 of 62,382
LOL, Is it 2022 with 7 hours battery and the case doesn't make 30 hours either. AptX Loseless or Snapdragon Sound? LE firmware upgradable?

Slipping in a last current tech model here is not very exciting.

Yeah I don't expect much at all from the Senn battery life. The MTW2 battery life was rated with them at 50% volume (which was low) with no ANC and not even sure with which codec. That was the main area of improvement I wanted. That and a better quality ANC. Too bad, they sound really good and love having the AptX codecs.

Mar 13, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #43,752 of 62,382
LOL... Ya where I am at there is nothing like that. Trust ive certainly checked. Anyways must be nice. For most of us in the States we have to order online which... It's not all bad. It would be very cool to have a place to test out certain sets. Oh well
+1

Mar 13, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #43,753 of 62,382
Have anyone try this bad boy?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220313-202225216.jpg
    Screenshot_20220313-202225216.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back